• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seattle Mariners 2022-2023 Offseason Thread

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Dip wants a RH hitting corner OF and preferable also corner IF. Two names mentioned by Mariners podcasters were...hold onto your seats...Brian...Anderson and Will Myers. There was actually another name and I forgot it already.

Divish suggesting:
Ford-Hancock-Brash for Bryan Reynolds
If you're referencing this article:

Found this pretty disappointing that Dipoto seems fine to stand pat. As of right now, I'd say the team is slightly better on paper which doesn't guarantee anything for us next year. As of right now we're wild card contenders and that's not enough.

“We’d like to find one more bat, maybe two,” Dipoto said. “We’re open to doing it, but we’re also perfectly happy to go with what we have.”

I get that Dipoto has to play diplomat, but this comment should read "We desperately need to find one more bat, preferably two."

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If no one trades..for Reynolds...it will surely be
On the..deadline ticket....lololo...maybe

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you. I got up in the a.m. this morning and googled markets for MLB teams. Here is what I found:

Kind of surprising to see where the Mariners are ranked.

I have to get back to work but I'll have to read more about their methodology.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Found this pretty disappointing that Dipoto seems fine to stand pat. As of right now, I'd say the team is slightly better on paper which doesn't guarantee anything for us next year. As of right now we're wild card contenders and that's not enough.

“We’d like to find one more bat, maybe two,” Dipoto said. “We’re open to doing it, but we’re also perfectly happy to go with what we have.”

I get that Dipoto has to play diplomat, but this comment should read "We desperately need to find one more bat, preferably two."
Negotiation....is a game..
Best left..to...Jedi....

And the rest of his team..
Just remember....

It's a game..within a game.....see star trek..
Negotiation...

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I read, M's were tied for 4th in Operating Income at $71M. So cry me a river Jerry.
Additionally, given the 4% appreciation of a franchise valued at $1.7m is a $68m appreciation in value. Put that equity back into the product on the field.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or Armageddon....but ..yeah...I like..bruce Willis
.styl e.
..lolololo....

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is where I read it. Not sure if it is from the same article.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No..I don't want adds...on uniforms.....I'll have

To leasten.to radio...

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is where I read it. Not sure if it is from the same article.

Mariners Day One News: Right-handed bats?​

Dipoto told those listening that they would like to add one or at even two hitters, one of which would be a right-handed bat that could play a corner outfield spot.

Hold up.

Right-handed? Whatever happened to the idea of looking for a left-handed corner outfielder? You know, as he said a week or two ago? I don’t know if this means he has something in the works for an RHB or is trying to throw us off the scent. It does seem odd though.

Or, he just has an internal Rolodex of things that he can pick from, and he chooses them at random to mess with all of us. I wouldn’t put it past him.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I wanted..there junk...I would buy it..without .
And add.on..baseball...players...ane q boycott .

Begins...

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah agreed...but it Idoes..not bar..a trade...
And..for sure... Kelenic..is 23?.marlowe..24 or

Idk...so ..really .kelenic is fine...

He is 24..in july...that maturity... Lvl....is a big the thing....he has been through....a lot.. so..

When you have..a guy..who...can say..been there..done that.,.and he is confident....
About going forward....that is nice..

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This should be a yes in a heartbeat. You talked me into letting Hancock go but Ford is years away and with Jerry making it sound like Raleigh is going to be a $30 million dollar a year guy, Ford isn’t in the long term plans unless they decide to switch positions but from everything I’ve read his other two best positions are solidified by Julio and JP. They would also be selling high on Kelenic and Brash.

We all know the Kelenic issues but hear me out on Brash. Right now he is a set up guy with a potential Edwin Diaz type trajectory. But if someone wants to trade for him the FO is going to pretend he is a starter and I can’t see a team giving up anything significant. Or the other way to prop up his value is if the Mariners for some reason have to become sellers and a team desperately needs a closer type pitcher at the deadline.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% agree.

To add to this point, the San Diego Padres are currently 6th in projected 2023 payroll and offered Trea Turner like $340m.

If you want to compare the two markets, here are the metro populations of Seattle and San Diego:

Seattle: 4m
San Diego: 3.2m

And this doesn't even include the tertiary viewers that the Mariners audience has in Idaho, Montana, Alaska and Oregon while San Diego has to compete with the television audience of the Dodgers and Angels. If the Padres are able to spend that kind of money, the Mariners very well can as well.
And it’s almost a given now the Sonics are coming back after the new CBA and Root Sports is going to make a shit load of money….and hopefully get a freaking streaming app.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it’s almost a given now the Sonics are coming back after the new CBA and Root Sports is going to make a shit load of money….and hopefully get a freaking streaming app.
Nice....to hear..the sonics will be back..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where ever..the mariners are other than..
They have filled ever spot with who..they want

If they have business left...on the table.from the off-season?

.they will
Take care of it...at the the...deadline..

Prob..trade kelenic..for Reynolds..

Trade gonzales..

What ever
..if any is left..,

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dipoto told those listening that they would like to add one or at even two hitters, one of which would be a right-handed bat that could play a corner outfield spot.

Hold up.

Right-handed? Whatever happened to the idea of looking for a left-handed corner outfielder? You know, as he said a week or two ago? I don’t know if this means he has something in the works for an RHB or is trying to throw us off the scent. It does seem odd though.

Or, he just has an internal Rolodex of things that he can pick from, and he chooses them at random to mess with all of us. I wouldn’t put it past him.

I read your post below, and I hadn’t heard him say this. He said from the outset he wanted a power hitting left handed hitter. What changed, unless Wong is going to be that power bat. I know it’s frustration and I will probably end up wrong like I was last year with liking Bryant more than Geno but I’m not a fan of getting Teoscar then the other holes on the team are going to be platoon players.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hold up.

It maybe...but ..I think...they..know who..
They want..and have done.
There homework..so..yeah

Jedies..rolodex..is extensive..
.but..he..knows who he wants....and who...will work..so..lololo..

We wait...

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read your post below, and I hadn’t heard him say this. He said from the outset he wanted a power hitting left handed hitter. What changed, unless Wong is going to be that power bat. I know it’s frustration and I will probably end up wrong like I was last year with liking Bryant more than Geno but I’m not a fan of getting Teoscar then the other holes on the team are going to be platoon players.
I don't get it one bit. He said he wants a platoon to protect Kelenic from lefties. Why are we writing Kelenic into a playoff contending lineup? 4th OF, no problem. Platoon? These guys ae killing me and I am getting too old for wait for next decade...I mean next year. I am still pissed to no end on the 2026 crap that only means no bigger signings this decade.