• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seattle Mariners 2022-2023 Offseason Thread

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could be right, but from some podcasters I listen to they don't think O'Neill has great value. I don't think Flexen alone gets you Tyler but Flexen and Dollard or Woo maybe.
I've loved O'Neill for years so I'm a bit biased. I look at an O'Neill for Flexen trade as worst case scenario we send our #6 starter for an upgrade in the outfield.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've loved O'Neill for years so I'm a bit biased. I look at an O'Neill for Flexen trade as worst case scenario we send our #6 starter for an upgrade in the outfield.
I would do that in a heartbeat. Hell I would do Marco straight up. No risk either way, but I do think it would cost a prospect or reliever as well.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am for any deal that sends Kelenic packing and brings in Reynolds

I like the prospect of getting O'Neil back... but I would rather not cut ties with Flexen as I think he has value beyond insurance reasons in the event of a starter on the IL for weeks / months.

I would have to research more on Arozarena as I am unsure of his past stats and future value
Honestly I hadn't even really considered Arorazena before reading Divish's article.

I don't know how he is defensively, but at the plate he has put up some pretty good numbers the last two years and I believe is controllable for the next four before he'd hit free agency. Given the front office's reluctance to spend money, that sounds pretty appealing.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would do that in a heartbeat. Hell I would do Marco straight up. No risk either way, but I do think it would cost a prospect or reliever as well.
Same, Flexen is a more desirable trade chip though because he's cheaper.

I can't see any way that Dipoto would trade Marco back for O'Neill. Marco was his guy. Adamantly defended the trade when it was made and extended Marco as well. Dipoto's ego is too large for him to admit he shouldn't have made that trade in the first place.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same, Flexen is a more desirable trade chip though because he's cheaper.

I can't see any way that Dipoto would trade Marco back for O'Neill. Marco was his guy. Adamantly defended the trade when it was made and extended Marco as well. Dipoto's ego is too large for him to admit he shouldn't have made that trade in the first place.

I agree with all comments Marco. They anointed him the club 'ace' and he inherited all the opening day starts and I just face palmed thinking ... the SS Mariners are sinking fast.

I never was a Marco fan and still am not. His benefit is an innings eater who amazingly stays pretty healthy and doesn't miss many starts.

I really hope he has worked on his breaking ball and changeup this off season. Those are his only 2 effective pitches

If we can get 175 innings out of Marco - I really do not care if his record is 10-10 or a losing record like last year

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
top avalable...war...free agents.....

brandon belt.....3.4...1b..
josh harrison.......3.7......2b
elvis andrus..........5.1.....SS
adam duval...........3.6...LF
a j pollack..............3.6.....LF

David Peralta (35, 3.4)..LF
Rafael Ortega (32, 2.2)...CF..

do not want to go ..below 2...

trades...reynolds..of coarse...after..that...a..Left...Handed...!B..or......

then....i ..want and like...snell..but...there..are other..pitchers....but flexxen..will...do at ..#5...for sure..

im not sure..of gonzales..in the..bull..pen..and nit sure what a.trade..of gonzales would bring.....marco..sued...the cardinals..
and won...they wont trade...for him...

gonzales..went to gonzaga....he is from..here...i ..like..to try him in the bull..pen..long relief..and spot start....but who knows

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you guys do the following trades? And if so, which would you favor?

- Mariners trade Kelenic, Hancock, *another high level prospect," and their 2023 competitive balance pick (30th overall) for Bryan Reynolds.

- Mariners trade Kelenic, Hancock, Harry Ford, *and more* for Randy Arozarena.

- Mariners trade Chris Flexen and Bryce Miller for Tyler O'Neill.

Personally I'd do all of them. I think the last one is actually the best idea because we'd be buying low on O'Neill without having to give up much prospect capital. O'Neill had a down 2022 but was hampered by injuries. In 2021 he was one of the best outfielders in baseball. Pretty sure we've all loved O'Neill since he was a prospect with us and if it only cost Chris Flexen and a pitching prospect, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

I agree with all comments Marco. They anointed him the club 'ace' and he inherited all the opening day starts and I just face palmed thinking ... the SS Mariners are sinking fast.

I never was a Marco fan and still am not. His benefit is an innings eater who amazingly stays pretty healthy and doesn't miss many starts.

I really hope he has worked on his breaking ball and changeup this off season. Those are his only 2 effective pitches

If we can get 175 innings out of Marco - I really do not care if his record is 10-10 or a losing record like last year
well..that is really..it isnt it.........you want to get...the best...marco..has to give.....to do that...you may need him..out of the bull..pen..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im ok with an Oniel trade......after reynolds...lolol..if not..reynolds...and they keep...kelenic....then...belt...and..belt anyway..but that is not a sure thing either....
by any means.......
so that would bring me to andrus....out of need.....for a decent player...

2022-23 free agents, position by position..mlb .com​

2022-23 free agents, position by position

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at 5.1..war..elvis anrdus...seems the best player.....out there...he is not young..any longer...and prob better...for 2B..1B..and 3B..

at 34..years old...

still a ss/2b..

but moore..would still prob..ss...

and...

moore and haggerty..outfield..in that case...

yeah and really..its a ...i dont have..belt thing....and going...aaaaaahhhh...i dont have belt...

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at 34..years old ..make elvis..a..utility/..well...ok .if i have too.....lolloolool

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this was a hit..song in the early 70s...if i remeber right...

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i never heard this one...but seems good for..these times..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok enough..elvis...lolo..

well this one then...

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Please stop trying to make Bryan Reynolds a Mariner...​

By Kate Preusser@KatePreusser Jan 2, ....

yes...but ..what....you...and few others dont understand.....hancock..was..a..#6..pick..and the only..thing..holding him back..from ..being..
a top..100...this year??....nothing...
same with miller....if...you say..well..people..who make...rankings...missed..somthing...ill go with that..on miller...
but they have a point on hancock...
but not this year..again....he will come out fireing...prov the point....

#30 pick...is a top..100..pick...unless pitsburgh...skrews it up...

but the..trade...hancock..dollard..kelenic..#30...or oh well...moving on...i...and im good with it...

catcher ford....yeah..i dont want to trade him...

Rather, what the Varsho trade did was likely move the Mariners even further away from Reynolds as a possible trade target. To acquire Varsho, who had a wRC+ of 106 this past season, Toronto parted with Lourdes Gurriel Jr., who posted a wRC+ of 114 this season, as well as Gabriel Moreno, a Top-10 prospect. While opinions on the deal vary based on one’s belief in Varsho’s career arc and defensive abilities, it’s undeniable that Toronto paid a hefty price tag in giving up their best position prospect.

The Pirates have set a high asking price for Reynolds, a price that so far other teams have been unwilling to pay. If Varsho commanded a Top-10 prospect in baseball plus a fringe-to- everyday player, it’s not unreasonable for the Pirates to expect that Reynolds—a year and a half older than Varsho and less defensively valuable, but with a more robust MLB resume and a proven ability to hit—should net a similar, if slightly less impressive, return.

Pittsburgh is said to be seeking MLB-ready pitching, with Morosi in the past throwing out names like the Dodgers’ Bobby Miller or Toronto’s Ricky Tiedemann as potential fits. Miller is ranked 26th on MLB Pipeline; Tiedemann is 33rd. The Mariners don’t have any Top-100 pitchers, let alone Top-50, so either Pittsburgh would have to adjust their ask, or Seattle would have to dip into their trio of young pitchers already at the MLB level: Logan Gilbert, George Kirby, or Matt Brash.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah..im kind of with you on the rest....the franchise....has to stay..together.....the good of the maney..outwigh...the good of the few..or one..

as much as the mariners want reynolds....those pitchers..will help..them..more than they know...but then...i could keep those..guys..
for the mariners....ok then..