• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seattle Mariners 2022-2023 Offseason Thread

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
out of 22.-.5 for now...
and suppose to add 2..in january...

Michael Arroyo 28...with celestine...coming...ill send him..if he is done with school...there
Lazaro Montes 22...same as micheal...we wil take him as soon as..done with school..

Carlos Jimenez 44......its not his ave..which is 250....its his obp..and slg..
should be ready..now

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyway you go..those guys should be learning english..but besides that....continueing there..education..while at AZL...
same with american HS..guys...
the AZL..season..is short....so there is a lot of time.....and training still matters...

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i heard of mlb housing..but...i dont know if they do it but...its not like..o a block away...from peoria...that you could build a 100..unit complex..
for hs guys and internationals...to spend all..year...its not that big a deal....

yeah..there..is always a motel...or hotel..somewhere...lololo..

but for security...i .prefer..a hotel....style..with main...teams like to gather...that sort of thing....

the more guys i would have on site..the better...training every..day...

well..there..is always..tax breaks.....lololol

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with commitments made....it would be good...a bit like collage....but that is that time...for hs and international guys...

but the extra training would be verry valueable..

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
line up..with reynolds..and belt...

1.reynolds.....LF...L/L
2 rodriguez....CF
3 france.....1b
4.hernandez....RF..DH.
5.brandon belt...L/L
6.suarez......3b
9.wong...2B.....L/L
7.Raliegh.....catch..
8.crawford......ss...L/L

10.murphy..catch..
11.moore....utility..ss/2B.
12.haggerty....outfield..utility
13.trammel....of..L/L
Don't want Belt but if they have him, he has to play first base, not France. Belt is 4" taller and stretches 5" further than France. Puts less pressure on the infielders to make accurate throws. He'll save runs at first base.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't read it because I am out of free looks...

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't read it because I am out of free looks...

It’s just a break down of all the big spenders, how none of the big FA’s wanted to come to Seattle and then onto the bs crap Jerry says. It was just essentially what all of us have talked about except Divish had concrete numbers of the contracts other team have spent. Question though, has it always been called a competitive balance tax instead of a luxury tax?

It emphasizes that Jerry always says free agency is to augment the roster, but to for me to refute that is he/they built the entire organization for this moment where they could augment the roster. Literally no good reason that don’t have a solidified DH, have 2 sub .200 career hitters in Kelenic and Moore penciled in as platoon guys nor should be giving Murphy 2 starts a week when he is 3 years removed from his 1 average season.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I know they are both turds. That is why I referenced the 'bag of money' as the kicker in the deal
I wish they would use the bag of money, they could make a hell of a lot more trades and could’ve gotten Geno for free last year. Having Fraley on the team this upcoming season would be great.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s just a break down of all the big spenders, how none of the big FA’s wanted to come to Seattle and then onto the bs crap Jerry says. It was just essentially what all of us have talked about except Divish had concrete numbers of the contracts other team have spent. Question though, has it always been called a competitive balance tax instead of a luxury tax?

It emphasizes that Jerry always says free agency is to augment the roster, but to for me to refute that is he/they built the entire organization for this moment where they could augment the roster. Literally no good reason that don’t have a solidified DH, have 2 sub .200 career hitters in Kelenic and Moore penciled in as platoon guys nor should be giving Murphy 2 starts a week when he is 3 years removed from his 1 average season.
Ok thanks. Bunch of bs it sounds like. And yes they didn't augment the roster when able via free agency other than Ray last year. Sad but expected from here on out. 2026 really screwed us up...

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you saypitt will go for a deal..like...hancock..dollard..kelenic..and #30..im good with it..but..pitt..likly gets..gelof..3b..but im ok with it..uless he goes..
earlyer..a good bet....and ..pitts pitching..s still..needy but..theywould get/...a plenty good pick there..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mariners..have not added personel...in free agency..other..than..ray...cuz those..are the guys...they want..seems to me..it is working...

trade..for hernandez..to replace haniger...check....frazier..is one of best..defencive 2B...guess who is next...wong....so...mariners know who they want..
and what they want at a position....my guess wong works out better....but frazier..was ok...

know..they know what they want as well...then go down..the list.........yeah..prob...

why belt works for me...he is the only one left......lolo..still need a 1B..L/L..DH

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
where..seattle could use belt this year...they may not need him by next year..its true.....but not in rock....is that the same as stone.....

lollool..

but i would..say..there is a good possablility..for next..as well.......
look..
if white..hits good enough..he will get his oppertunitys....the next question..is would perez be ready....cant aswer..the unknown..but 2 years..would be better...and maybe..flater...a bit....by which time...he would be..36.....
and he could always..opt out...or get traded..good for everyone...

white and perez..are both..RHH..

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
belt gives the mariners..the option of putting france..at DH..seem good...and france is a good 1B.....but they need 1 more..lolol

sure..a trade..as well...yeah..i have not looked at that.....

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok thanks. Bunch of bs it sounds like. And yes they didn't augment the roster when able via free agency other than Ray last year. Sad but expected from here on out. 2026 really screwed us up...
The one thing the 2026 thing isn’t ever brought up. So, they don’t want to spend money now because the free agents are too old for those contracts right? So we will add 3 more full years on arms for Gilbert and Kirby and 3 full years on Raleigh’s knees. That is when they are going to blow the budget up? 2 dudes who hopefully are aces. And if going off of last year, the best power hitting catcher?

And with Raleigh, can we not pretend the only prospect worth a damn pre 11 year old international signees, is a catcher. So they can’t sign a free agent because of Raleigh, but can’t make a big trade because of the dude who is the only prospect worth a damn that is behind Raleigh. If Jerry thought Raleigh would have had the “success” offensively as he did the last half of last year, are we all suppose to pretend he would’ve drafted Ford?

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
brandon belt..
2021 stats................................................................................................HRs 29
2021SFNL973256589194142295948310332.274.378.597.9750.58

its normal for belt..and he was injured..in 2022..

his normal..is 20..so its like adding winker..but belt is better..at 1st base...
no..he is not as athletic..but..he is 34....lololo..

he ave 60..70..hits..

but the 29 hrs happend..with 325..at bats......he has not had a full load..sense 2019...

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the altenative..is maybe pavin smith or i dont know...i think belt is better...

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
more like santana..than winker.....and he is better...than both,,,..with the amount of at bats...

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

espn​

Giants' Farhan Zaidi says his team immediately communicated concerns about Carlos Correa​

Associated Press..
Zaidi: Giants voiced early concerns about Correa..

"I was on the phone with Scott Boras on the Monday that we did Carlos' physical right when his plane landed in San Francisco at 5 p.m., and those conversations continued from that point, so any suggestion that this was an 11th-hour thing is just not accurate," Zaidi said on a video call with a small group of beat reporters. "As soon as we had information, we shared it. We have a good working relationship with Scott Boras and his agency."

Zaidi confirmed the Giants and Correa's camp had "a difference of opinion on the medical review."

The varying opinions were over a right ankle injury and surgery in 2014 when the star infielder was in Class A ball, according to a person with direct knowledge of the negotiations who spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because of privacy rules. Correa's deal with the Mets is being held up by similar concerns.​

• (zaida..was dodgers..now..San fran..)
Zaidi said it is important and standard practice of the front office "to show them the respect of communicating any concerns immediately and not waiting until the last possible second." He expressed having a good relationship with Boras.

In fact, the Giants were close to finalizing a $36 million, two-year contract with outfielder Michael Conforto, another Boras client who already has undergone a successful physical...

Given that Correa's contract with New York still hasn't gone through, San Francisco has "had some conversations since then" with Boras, according to Zaidi, but "they're focused on a deal elsewhere at this point, so I think chances of a deal with us at this point are pretty unlikely based on their position."

In addition, Zaidi wanted to stress to the Giants' loyal fan base that every decision was made as a whole, not by one individual.

"One thing that I would want to be clear, and I think it's really important for us as an organization that our fans hear it from me and hopefully believe it, is our organization was totally unified every step of the way as this unfolded," Zaidi said, "in the initial pursuit, in the negotiation and in unfortunately what happened subsequently."

Zaid

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Brandon Belt’s repaired knee feels ‘amazing,’ but Giants must make it worth his while to re-sign..​

Brandon Belt's repaired knee feels 'amazing,' but Giants must make it worth his while to re-sign

the athletic..

By Andrew Baggarly
Sep 14, 2022

“My knee honestly feels great. I feel like a brand-new person,” Belt said on the NBC Sports Bay Area telecast. “It was tough going into that surgery because I couldn’t get it right. It was swelling up every day. That was the problem. It was feeling so weak, there was nothing I could do to make it stronger. But it feels really good right now and I’m very optimistic about it.

“I think if I was able to get my knee strong and it wouldn’t swell up anymore, I feel like I’d be productive like I was the previous two years. That’s what I get excited about, because I know I have a lot left in me. That’s what I want to show everybody: My body feels good. I’ve had a problem with my knee, but if I