• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seattle Karma

Ibangedlolojones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

He battling injuries most of last year, which might explain why he didn't replicate his rookie season. Tate also stepped up. If he's healthy, though, Baldwin is a dangerous slot receiver who can do some things as the third guy.

I say their WR corp without Harvin is Pedestrian at best ..... Not saying SF wideouts as a group are among the leagues best , but seriously do Rice, Tate and Baldwin strike fear in opposing teams ?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say their WR corp without Harvin is Pedestrian at best ..... Not saying SF wideouts as a group are among the leagues best , but seriously do Rice, Tate and Baldwin strike fear in opposing teams ?

They had no problem finding the endzone through the air the last time they saw the niners.

Ibangedlolojones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had no problem finding the endzone through the air the last time they saw the niners.

Ya cause everybody knows when you lose 4 straight but win the last game out of 5 meetings means everything..... You think those three rank amongst the best receiving corps in the game Sonny ? :noidea:

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya cause everybody knows when you lose 4 straight but win the last game out of 5 meetings means everything..... You think those three rank amongst the best receiving corps in the game Sonny ? :noidea:

No, but with their running game and QB play they can be very effective. And who gives à fuck about previous games? What does that have to do with anything? Im not even talking about who won, im just talking about the passing games effectiveness but once again your insecurity does not allow you to follow along. Theyre not à great corps by any means, but they did help Wilson tie the rookie passingTD record. My point is not that they are world beaters or anything, just that they are effective enough.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And for the record, they're are some great receiving corps out there but some are great because of their QBs. I really dont think that New Orleans or Green Bay have so much talent at WR that they could carry a QB, I think that they are good enough and just happen to have a great QB that throws the ball a shit ton.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but with their running game and QB play they can be very effective. And who gives à fuck about previous games? What does that have to do with anything? Im not even talking about who won, im just talking about the passing games effectiveness but once again your insecurity does not allow you to follow along. Theyre not à great corps by any means, but they did help Wilson tie the rookie passingTD record. My point is not that they are world beaters or anything, just that they are effective enough.

You are joking about the bolded right? Because that is all Seattle fans talk about. a single fucking previous game. Jesus, tell that to some of your Seattle fan buddies that can't let go of a "previous game."

However, I do agree with what you said about the receivers. The Saints have never had great wide outs but Brees makes them good. I think Colston is looked at in a much higher regard because of Brees. The Packers have better receivers, but again, Rodgers makes them better. And we all know about the Patriots receivers. However, I think if you don't have a better tier of receivers, you at least need the right guys. Those teams I mentioned have had solid guys. All that being said though, I will always hate Golden Tate. I just think he is a punk. It will never have anything to do with his game, there is just something about him that bothers me. As a Seattle fan... honestly... does he bother you at all?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Without Harvin, the Hawks' receiving corps is average. Of course, that's a sight better than the Niners' looks right now. And Sonny is right - the QB makes the receiver much more than the receiver makes the QB. At least, that's what we Niners fans are counting on. Seattle would still be very dangerous even if Harvin misses a substantial period of time. With him, they're very daunting on both sides of the ball.

Now the bigger issue is whether I should keep Harvin in my keeper league....

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are joking about the bolded right? Because that is all Seattle fans talk about. a single fucking previous game. Jesus, tell that to some of your Seattle fan buddies that can't let go of a "previous game."

However, I do agree with what you said about the receivers. The Saints have never had great wide outs but Brees makes them good. I think Colston is looked at in a much higher regard because of Brees. The Packers have better receivers, but again, Rodgers makes them better. And we all know about the Patriots receivers. However, I think if you don't have a better tier of receivers, you at least need the right guys. Those teams I mentioned have had solid guys. All that being said though, I will always hate Golden Tate. I just think he is a punk. It will never have anything to do with his game, there is just something about him that bothers me. As a Seattle fan... honestly... does he bother you at all?

Yep, I hear you on that. Seattle fans keep mentioning about the blowout game up there that was in the PAST, yet don't comment about the prior games the 49ers have beaten them at. Granted, Seattle is a better team than those prior Niner victories, but the Niners will put out a better effort in week 2 and hopefully won't have to worry about their defense going against 57 total plays by the opposing offense the week prior such as what they had to deal with against the Pats last year in the game that was prior to the Seahawks game.

Hypocrisy at its finest. I guess that's what short term success can do these days...

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without Harvin, the Hawks' receiving corps is average. Of course, that's a sight better than the Niners' looks right now. And Sonny is right - the QB makes the receiver much more than the receiver makes the QB. At least, that's what we Niners fans are counting on. Seattle would still be very dangerous even if Harvin misses a substantial period of time. With him, they're very daunting on both sides of the ball.

Now the bigger issue is whether I should keep Harvin in my keeper league....

A QB doesnt make à single receiver, but QB does make à receiving corps.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I hear you on that. Seattle fans keep mentioning about the blowout game up there that was in the PAST, yet don't comment about the prior games the 49ers have beaten them at. Granted, Seattle is a better team than those prior Niner victories, but the Niners will put out a better effort in week 2 and hopefully won't have to worry about their defense going against 57 total plays by the opposing offense the week prior such as what they had to deal with against the Pats last year in the game that was prior to the Seahawks game.

Hypocrisy at its finest. I guess that's what short term success can do these days...

New England is just about the furthest possible distance from SF in the U.S. And we had a very emotional game in which we lost several players to injury and were a bit banged up. The following week we had to travel again to Seattle and didn't have Justin Smith for the first game since he became a 49er. Gore was bruised up, Aldon Smith was hurting, we didn't have Kendall Hunter, Manningham was out, Williams was down, etc....

But what I heard from Seattle fan after they lost to the niners in the first matchup.... was that they had to play AT HOME the previous week and then travel 1.5 hours to SF on a short week. (note: SF had the same short week).

You really couldn't even make this up its so laughable.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New England is just about the furthest possible distance from SF in the U.S. And we had a very emotional game in which we lost several players to injury and were a bit banged up. The following week we had to travel again to Seattle and didn't have Justin Smith for the first game since he became a 49er. Gore was bruised up, Aldon Smith was hurting, we didn't have Kendall Hunter, Manningham was out, Williams was down, etc....

But what I heard from Seattle fan after they lost to the niners in the first matchup.... was that they had to play AT HOME the previous week and then travel 1.5 hours to SF on a short week. (note: SF had the same short week).

So, basically any team could have beaten SF by 4 TDs that week?

Ibangedlolojones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, basically any team could have beaten SF by 4 TDs that week?

Maybe several teams could have that night who knows, the bottom line is winning one game at home big despite losing the 4 previous times against your division rival is cause for celebration but is it still after not advancing far in the playoffs ? The 49ers kicked the shit out of GB twice last season but I don't hear any Niner fan looking past them in week one ..... I hear Seahawk fans already marking week two down as a win .

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe several teams could have that night who knows, the bottom line is winning one game at home big despite losing the 4 previous times against your division rival is cause for celebration but is it still after not advancing far in the playoffs ? The 49ers kicked the shit out of GB twice last season but I don't hear any Niner fan looking past them in week one ..... I hear Seahawk fans already marking week two down as a win .

I didn't bring it up as a bragging point. Looks like you are just sensitive.

I just brought it up as an example of the Seattle receiving corps being an effective unit. Excuses aside, it's true.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ibangedlolojones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just brought it up as an example of the Seattle receiving corps being an effective unit. Excuses aside, it's true.

Effective and striking fear in opponents are two different things Sonny...... Without Harvin you lack a true NFL #1 type receiver...... You have 2#2's and a 3

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Effective and striking fear in opponents are two different things Sonny...... Without Harvin you lack a true NFL #1 type receiver...... You have 2#2's and a 3

The running should strike fear in opponents. The passing game just compliments it very well. Is it necessary to have a WR corps that "strikes fear"? Or is it just necessary to have an effective corps and good QB play?

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baldwin? Filling the void of Harvin?

Surely you jest.

Obviously he can't fill Harvin's shoes ... But Baldwin is a good receiver... Now Tate is a guy I feel utter confidence in the slot... Dude is crafty and tough as nails... Were gonna be fine without Harvin and at some point he's gonna join us later in the year so it is what it is...

Ibangedlolojones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The running should strike fear in opponents. The passing game just compliments it very well. Is it necessary to have a WR corps that "strikes fear"? Or is it just necessary to have an effective corps and good QB play?

Well your front office and head coach feel differently than you do, they went out and overspent for Harvin ......

Ibangedlolojones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Me Sensitive ? LOL ya right ........Quit projecting......

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well a lot of trolls came on the ESPN board and some come on here and it looks like bad things just happen to Seattle. They talked about how we are going to stink when Crab went down well guess what Harvin MIGHT be down for awhile. Rumor is if he did tear his Hip he would need surgery and will be out atleast the 1st 6 weeks of the season, as long as 10 weeks.

I hate to see people get hurt and want to play Seattle with Harvin. So hope he is alright.

Seattle fans Karma is a "Bleeep".

With Harvin out, that kind of evens things out between the teams.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seattle had and emotional battle with New England was well 4 day's before playing SF on Thursday night football... Are you seriously telling me Seattle wasn't tired as well when we faced you guy's...??? We had 4 day's @#$%^ing rest in-between those games... 2 football games in 4 #$%ing day's... NFL needs to scrap thursday night football... I was not happy about that...