• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seattle Karma

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's possible that the biggest aspect of this story is that the team docs apparently told him he didn't need surgery. Harvin had trust issues with the Vikes. Could this strain his relationship with the Hawks? That'd potentially do more harm than the injury in the long run.

Lets hope so!

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah 3-4 months. Well both teams are now down their #1 WRs

At least we didn't just commit a 1st, 3rd, 7th round draft pick and 64 million to our injured WR.

They really went for broke on this one and it already blew up in their face.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Percy Harvin is showing early on his Seahawks career why a team shouldn't trade for Percy Harvin. Seriously, I feel bad for any injured player.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never understood all the Hype on him. Never had a 1000 yard season and never had more then 6 TDs in 1 season. He had 1 good season overall. Seattle was putting alot on the line for a #2 WR.

Suhsyourdaddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Percy Harvin is showing early on his Seahawks career why a team shouldn't trade for Percy Harvin. Seriously, I feel bad for any injured player.

Yeah...really sucks to be him....

Can't help but LOL at those Seattle fans who pimped him up as "not injury prone" and rejoiced in Crab's injury though. I won't lie, I didn't want to see Seattle with Harvin, especially with us down Crabtree. The potential was there to be scary good. Let's hope both teams come out of camp and preseason major injury free.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge blow for Seattle, Harvin will be out most of the year.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I never understood all the Hype on him. Never had a 1000 yard season and never had more then 6 TDs in 1 season. He had 1 good season overall. Seattle was putting alot on the line for a #2 WR.

Just wondering how you felt about Crabtree going into last season?

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wondering how you felt about Crabtree going into last season?

Not to jump in when it wasn't addressed to me but...

I really like Crabtree coming out of college, but I thought with his attitude (not getting along with Alex Smith and the overall feeling like he didn't want to be here) he would never reach his potential. At least not with the Niners anyway. He was just starting to really become the guy we all wanted him to be so the injury is especially shitty. I think he is turning now though and will continue to get better. Will be interesting to see what happens when his contract is up though.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I really like Crabtree coming out of college, but I thought with his attitude (not getting along with Alex Smith and the overall feeling like he didn't want to be here) he would never reach his potential. At least not with the Niners anyway. He was just starting to really become the guy we all wanted him to be so the injury is especially shitty. I think he is turning now though and will continue to get better. Will be interesting to see what happens when his contract is up though.

I was asking because purguy said Harvin is a #2 because he's never had a 1000 yard season.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's possible that the biggest aspect of this story is that the team docs apparently told him he didn't need surgery. Harvin had trust issues with the Vikes. Could this strain his relationship with the Hawks? That'd potentially do more harm than the injury in the long run.

I guess that depends either on how clear it was to the second opinion guy that he needed it or how much Harvin thought the risk factor the two doctors said was unsatisfactory. If it's borderline and Harvin's being cautious, then he needn't be upset - even though it still is possible that money was the "doctor" here (as in the money dictating what the team would recommend in a borderline situation). Borderline buys them some wiggle rom, saying it was a medical opinion.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

+1

I totally agree!

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Some patients get second opinions because they are in denial, but I can't say for sure in Harvin's case. Team docs did tell him that he could have played through the pain and apparently he felt a twinge around his hip area back in the spring. I'm not sure if an MRI or CT scan was performed on him back then (although these two scans don't always reveal injuries), he could have been back much earlier than November/December. Hard to really point the finger at a medical staff because of the player's vulnerability in getting hurt quite often.

IMHO, Harvin needs to understand that he can't continue to play the way he does and consider himself able to last an entire season. The onus is on him to figure out how to play the game without getting slammed so often.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMHO, Harvin needs to understand that he can't continue to play the way he does and consider himself able to last an entire season. The onus is on him to figure out how to play the game without getting slammed so often.

One thing that will be of consideration, is to limit his touches in the return game. Also at times with the Vikings, he was acting like a running back-getting quick pitchouts and even hand-offs at times. Maybe Seattle tries to limit those types of touches when he comes back healthy? Of course the problem with doing so is that then you are taking away a couple of the things that make him such a special player- his versatility and explosiveness in different offensive formations.

As far as Harvin himself- he could try and go out of bounds more or try to avoid contact whenever possible. Its hard to play that way though- you don't want a player consciously playing to not get injured.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Some patients get second opinions because they are in denial, but I can't say for sure in Harvin's case. Team docs did tell him that he could have played through the pain and apparently he felt a twinge around his hip area back in the spring. I'm not sure if an MRI or CT scan was performed on him back then (although these two scans don't always reveal injuries), he could have been back much earlier than November/December. Hard to really point the finger at a medical staff because of the player's vulnerability in getting hurt quite often.

Sure, that makes sense. But does Harvin see it that way? It doesn't matter if the Hawks were being perfectly reasonable if Harvin perceives it as giving him bad advice that threatened his career or his health. And Harvin has never been entirely reasonable.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
But guys, let's not go crazy on the rejoicing.

First, Harvin is potentially only out for something like half a season. He's 25 years old. The Hawks signed him for the longterm, and they are good enough to remain in playoff contention without him - just like we are without Crabtree.

Second, for those saying Harvin is a #2 or is overrated, he was having a great season before he got hurt. He had 89 or more combined yards in six of his nine healthy games. When he's on the field, he is a unique and extremely dangerous weapon, especially playing with a good QB.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harvin out for the year with hip surgery and Sidney Rice in Europe trying to get some treatment for his ailing knee. Things are evening up now for the 49ers since we have Manningham and Crabtree out for the year.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But guys, let's not go crazy on the rejoicing.

First, Harvin is potentially only out for something like half a season. He's 25 years old. The Hawks signed him for the longterm, and they are good enough to remain in playoff contention without him - just like we are without Crabtree.

Second, for those saying Harvin is a #2 or is overrated, he was having a great season before he got hurt. He had 89 or more combined yards in six of his nine healthy games. When he's on the field, he is a unique and extremely dangerous weapon, especially playing with a good QB.

I agree, but he does seem to be dogged by nagging injuries. The Zach Miller injury and the suspensions/injuries on the defensive line are probably more of a concern for them in some ways.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
for me, didn't get shook up when they signed Harvin, not 'celebrating' now that he's hurt. cause it starts with our own team first and foremost. what other West teams do DOES matter, just that its secondary to what the 9ers do.

yes, Seattle is considered the key team to beat, but there are other good teams we'll face.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for me, didn't get shook up when they signed Harvin, not 'celebrating' now that he's hurt. cause it starts with our own team first and foremost. what other West teams do DOES matter, just that its secondary to what the 9ers do.

yes, Seattle is considered the key team to beat, but there are other good teams we'll face.

Even before the Harvin trade, I saw some reports saying that Seattle was the team to beat. However, now that Harvin is injured, they say that they are no longer the favorites. Doesn't make any sense, unless they think that Rice's knee is worse or that they think this will hurt the team in some morale way. Long-term, they can be hurt by the draft picks and the money, but for this year, that shouldn't factor into who the favorite is.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Even before the Harvin trade, I saw some reports saying that Seattle was the team to beat. However, now that Harvin is injured, they say that they are no longer the favorites. Doesn't make any sense, unless they think that Rice's knee is worse or that they think this will hurt the team in some morale way. Long-term, they can be hurt by the draft picks and the money, but for this year, that shouldn't factor into who the favorite is.

agree, they are still a good team. they're built similar to the 49ers, run the ball like the 49ers, and have a QB like the 49ers. boy, did they REALLY luck out with RW in the 3rd round??!!