• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seattle Karma

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is this nonsense coming from? Crabtree has a torn achilles tendon for pete's sake. You'll not see him this year. Manningham is not taking contact yet and still is feeling even worse than he did earlier in the summer. You'll not see him either. This propaganda the 49ers are spewing is for the Seahawks and Rams.
Maybe I should have said most of the season for Crabs but where are you getting your info on Manningham?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I should have said most of the season for Crabs but where are you getting your info on Manningham?

The fact that he is not even running yet in practice and his history of being a very soft player.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Your comment above makes no sense. We know that hundreds over the years have had torn achilles and even much easier positions to play than WR don't come back within a year. Wide receiver and RB would be the toughest two positions. Looks like you got excited again and posted before you had time to think.

Sorry. I tried to keep it to one and two syllable words, but the technical term (achilles) was unavoidable.

What good does it do to compare a WR who tore his achilles 20 years ago to someone that tore it this year? Do you medical advancements might have improved since 1993?

I'm looking for you to cite some precedence for WRs with torn achilles' tendons in the age of modern medicine for your "analysis" in how long Crabtree will be out.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
We will not see Crabtree this year, mark it down. We might see a little of Manningham before he goes back on IR.

And apparently we won't see Terrell Suggs' legs this season either because they were amputated prior to him being drafted by the Ravens.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry. I tried to keep it to one and two syllable words, but the technical term (achilles) was unavoidable.

What good does it do to compare a WR who tore his achilles 20 years ago to someone that tore it this year? Do you medical advancements might have improved since 1993?

I'm looking for you to cite some precedence for WRs with torn achilles' tendons in the age of modern medicine for your "analysis" in how long Crabtree will be out.

All the torn Achilles tendon's in the past. Nobody comes back at Wide Receiver in less than a year.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
All the torn Achilles tendon's in the past. Nobody comes back at Wide Receiver in less than a year.

So you have no examples or precedent to cite.

So why not say "all the Achilles tendon's (sic) in the past." We all understand that the recovery time is the same in 2013 as it was in 1963 and 1913. That's why smallpox is still an issue today.

Also, since I know how much you love proper grammar, it's "accilles' tendons" rather than achilles tendon's."

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So why not say "all the Achilles tendon's (sic) in the past." We all understand that the recovery time is the same in 2013 as it was in 1963 and 1913. That's why smallpox is still an issue today.

Also, since I know how much you love proper grammar, it's "accilles' tendons" rather than achilles tendon's."

Yes, that would satisfy the grammar police, however, the spelling police would cite you. Some grammar police moonlight with the spelling police and some departments just merge the divisions. There's a federal police and state police for both. ;)

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yes, that would satisfy the grammar police, however, the spelling police would cite you. Some grammar police moonlight with the spelling police and some departments just merge the divisions. There's a federal police and state police for both. ;)

Hahahahahaha. Oops.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nope it's not "accilles". No wide receiver has ever made it back from an Achilles tendon tear in under a year. you cannot cite one name who has. he is done for the year.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nope it's not "accilles". No wide receiver has ever made it back from an Achilles tendon tear in under a year. you cannot cite one name who has. he is done for the year.

Not comparing any player to Crabtree myself but DeMaryius Thomas tore his just before February 10th, 2011 (announce date), and was cleared to practice a few days before September 3rd (announce date).

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Apples to oranges. Crabtree makes his living with his legs; Suggs does not.

That statement just blows me away. What Suggs does is more about lower body than upper body, and the same is true of every DL.

Suggs' injury was a partial tear, though, so he's not a great comparison point. I'm somewhat skeptical Crabtree will make it back this year, and if he does, he'll almost certainly be hampered.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And for the record I don't like comparing players because each tear is different and the recovery time obviously varies. Thomas' and Crabtree's tears were likely very different. I'm just citing one example since that part was raised.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 506.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, ok. What does all of this have to do with Seattle Karma?:noidea:

Ibangedlolojones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oakland and Cleveland are in the top ten in YAC.... They must have far superior receivers.

And SF was only 6 spots ahead of Seattle, and now they've lost one of the best YAC receivers in the league. Looks like it's all downhill from here, huh Joe?

I am not that worried , Williams has excellent quickness and speed , Boldin is reported to be looking great in camp and hopefully somebody steps up and takes advantage of their opportunity.......Keep crossing your fingers that it "looks downhill" from here....... but me thinks that is wishful thinking on your part ....... Guess that gamble on Harvin is going to have to wait another year huh ?