• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sean Weatherspoon to Arizona

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Linebacker Sean Weatherspoon will sign a one-year deal worth just south of $4 million with the Arizona Cardinals, a league source told Yahoo Sports.

I know this guy has dealt with injuries the past couple years, but if he stays healthy it could be a great signing for AZ. I love the one year deals for players like this… he'll be looking to rebuild his value for a bigger pay day next offseason.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With as little talent as the Falcons have at LB, I'm a bit surprised Atlanta didn't push harder to keep him. If he can regain his form from a couple years ago, that's a great signing.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a very good value signing. With Dwash looking at a 2 game suspension if he gets reinstated, we needed a fast coverage ILB. If he can get back to form, pairing him with DWash should a very good combo.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With as little talent as the Falcons have at LB, I'm a bit surprised Atlanta didn't push harder to keep him. If he can regain his form from a couple years ago, that's a great signing.
He was very unhappy about a lot of the cuts lately. Him taking a one year contract somewhere else probably says it was more about Weatherspoon wanting to leave than the Falcons cutting ties.

Weatherspoon is a great player when he's healthy. When being the key word. He's only had one season in the league without injury problems (2011) and most recently he blew out his achilles. I wish him nothing but good luck in Arizona but I understand why he left and considering he hasn't seen the field much ATL hasn't lost a whole lot.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a very good value signing. With Dwash looking at a 2 game suspension if he gets reinstated, we needed a fast coverage ILB. If he can get back to form, pairing him with DWash should a very good combo.

I thought D-Wash had a 6 game suspension coming his way, no?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You would think...Quinn was on record stating he wanted Spoon back, so I know a similar deal was on the table...word is he was put off by the FO due to some other stuff or they were put off by his comments. Either way...Spoon was the best LB on the roster...just couldn't stay on the field, it'll be interesting to see how they move forward.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought D-Wash had a 6 game suspension coming his way, no?

There is no official word yet. He needs to get reinstated first, which can't do till May. But with the recent federal court ruling in the AP that says players who committed offenses prior to the new NFL punishment rules can't be retroactively punished under the new system, I assume he will get the old 2 game punishment & not the 4-6 games.

But that is just a guess.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no official word yet. He needs to get reinstated first, which can't do till May. But with the recent federal court ruling in the AP that says players who committed offenses prior to the new NFL punishment rules can't be retroactively punished under the new system, I assume he will get the old 2 game punishment & not the 4-6 games.

But that is just a guess.

I hope you're right. But with his past I would be shocked if it was anything less than 4 games.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A decent signing.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Former Falcons DT Corey Peters set to join Weatherspoon in Arizona for 3 years/ 9million. I like the move, just hope these two can stay healthy.