• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sean Smith

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly though. If the Chiefs, Jags, Eagles, Bucs and 49ers all offer similar contracts, which team would you want to play for it you are him.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly though. If the Chiefs, Jags, Eagles, Bucs and 49ers all offer similar contracts, which team would you want to play for it you are him.

That should be a pretty easy choice if he wants to get paid and win. If he just wants to get paid, he could go for the highest bidder and hope for the best.

What a tough choice some of these guys have, maybe take 1 million dollars less for a better chance to win but no guarantee at that...

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That should be a pretty easy choice if he wants to get paid and win. If he just wants to get paid, he could go for the highest bidder and hope for the best.

What a tough choice some of these guys have, maybe take 1 million dollars less for a better chance to win but no guarantee at that...

Honestly I would probably rather take a little less and win a Superbowl but that is just me. I also know how to save and invest my money so I think a 42 million dollar contract would hold me over for the rest of my life.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I've thought about it, and I don't want the Niners to sign Sean Smith. I think it would be a mistake. It just seems like a buy-high kind of signing when there are a bunch of other options at CB.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I would probably rather take a little less and win a Superbowl but that is just me. I also know how to save and invest my money so I think a 42 million dollar contract would hold me over for the rest of my life.

Ha, is it because you realize doing stuff like this is a bad idea?

YdMhU.gif

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha, is it because you realize doing stuff like this is a bad idea?

YdMhU.gif

LOL that would have something to do with it. You will never see me "make it rain" or even go to another strip club in my lifetime for that matter.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've thought about it, and I don't want the Niners to sign Sean Smith. I think it would be a mistake. It just seems like a buy-high kind of signing when there are a bunch of other options at CB.

Couldn't disagree more. The guy is a great bargain and could develop into a top playmaker in the league in our system. No more Carlos Rogers types, no more discounts.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Well, I'd certainly prefer Sean Smith to not signing a CB at all...

One guy I think people are overlooking is Adam Jones. He still return punts, and he's been out of trouble for a long time. I think he's out-grown the majority of his youthful douche-baggery. I'm hoping for Ledois McKelvin to be the KR, but Jones would be a great #3 CB / KR for the right price (if he'd sign a 1-year deal).

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I'd certainly prefer Sean Smith to not signing a CB at all...

One guy I think people are overlooking is Adam Jones. He still return punts, and he's been out of trouble for a long time. I think he's out-grown the majority of his youthful douche-baggery. I'm hoping for Ledois McKelvin to be the KR, but Jones would be a great #3 CB / KR for the right price (if he'd sign a 1-year deal).

Pac Man has certainly kept his nose clean but at this point the guy isn't a starter. We don't need a #3 CB we need a starter. I'm not as worried about their return ability so much as I am the way they play the position. We need a guy to come in right now and lock guys down.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Pac Man has certainly kept his nose clean but at this point the guy isn't a starter. We don't need a #3 CB we need a starter. I'm not as worried about their return ability so much as I am the way they play the position. We need a guy to come in right now and lock guys down.

Absolutely. I want the team to sign a #1 guy, cut Rogers and sign a #3 guy too (preferably one who can return kicks). That's why McKelvin & Jones are on my radar.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both the Eagles and Bucs are something like 20 mil under the cap. I think if they want him bad enough, they will probably end up outbidding us for him. I don't think he gives us a hometown discount just because we are good and 400 miles from his hometown. I would love to have him on our team, I just don't see it happening.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely. I want the team to sign a #1 guy, cut Rogers and sign a #3 guy too (preferably one who can return kicks). That's why McKelvin & Jones are on my radar.

But with a guy like Cox on the team, it makes dudes like jones and McKelvin moot.

What we need is someone who can start now (Smith) and someone who can start in the future (draft pick). Because both Rogers and Brown are gone very soon.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both the Eagles and Bucs are something like 20 mil under the cap. I think if they want him bad enough, they will probably end up outbidding us for him. I don't think he gives us a hometown discount just because we are good and 400 miles from his hometown. I would love to have him on our team, I just don't see it happening.

Oh I know it is a long shot and I'm certainly not under the impression that he will certainly be on our team next year. Actually we rarely get any of the guys taht are mentioned in FA or draft on this board but he is still my favorite FA.

I will cetainly take Talib if we can't get Smith.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Jones is a better CB than Cox. McKelvin? I don't know. I'd probably give the edge to McKelvin, but he's certainly a better return man. It wouldn't be the end of the world to go into the season with Cox as the #3 CB, but I'd prefer someone better on a 1-year deal.

I'd be all for drafting a CB, but there are very few I like in this draft. Probably none (maybe Jordan Poyer if he drops to the 3rd round compensatory pick or even the 4th). I'd much rater focus on other positions than force a CB).

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones is a better CB than Cox. McKelvin? I don't know. I'd probably give the edge to McKelvin, but he's certainly a better return man. It wouldn't be the end of the world to go into the season with Cox as the #3 CB, but I'd prefer someone better on a 1-year deal.

I'd be all for drafting a CB, but there are very few I like in this draft. Probably none (maybe Jordan Poyer if he drops to the 3rd round compensatory pick or even the 4th). I'd much rater focus on other positions than force a CB).

This is a very nice CB draft, I certainly would take a Banks or Cray in the 2nd or 3rd. Those guys are future starters and possible stars. Keep in mind though that you don't know which CB's the team actually likes, they might feel this is a great CB draft.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crap I meant Slay instead of Cray but it won't let me edit

justforkicks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sean Smith - DB - Dolphins

CSN Bay Area's Matt Maiocco reports the 49ers are expected to "make a run at the right price" on free agent Sean Smith.

The 49ers are in the market for a "cornerback with size," and Smith obviously fits that mold at 6-foot-3 and 214 pounds. Per Maiocco, the Niners will have to fend off the Eagles, Chiefs, and Buccaneers for Smith. Smith has made it blatantly obvious that he will sign with the highest bidder. Of the aforementioned group, San Francisco easily has the least amount of salary cap room. Source: CSN Bay Area

Mar 11 - 2:03 PM