• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sean Smith

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was calling for the Niners to sign Max Starks back when he was just done with the Titans. Always liked that guy. Even in college.

Sean Smith is in the same boat as Nnamdi & a afew others who are around 30 IMO. He's still good enough to get a long-term deal, but he's already peaked. This is why I'd rather the Niners get DRC (and Leodis McKelvin if I had my way).

I believe Sean Smith is younger than anyone in that post. He's 25 I thnk.

Edit: NVM someone else already said this

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally think that if we aren't going to be re-signing Goldson, which I honestly believe is a HUGE mistake, then I would like us to shift Culliver to FS and sign Sean Smith. I like him more then I like DRC because I feel he is quite a bit more physical then DRC and his man coverage skills and size make him attractive given the big WRs in the NFC we constantly face.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He's only giving up a little over eight inches. It's not like Stafford could just throw the ball up and completely defeat his coverage....

What's a kid going to say in that situation, though? "No, he'd tear me up out there."

Exactly!!!

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I personally think that if we aren't going to be re-signing Goldson, which I honestly believe is a HUGE mistake, then I would like us to shift Culliver to FS and sign Sean Smith. I like him more then I like DRC because I feel he is quite a bit more physical then DRC and his man coverage skills and size make him attractive given the big WRs in the NFC we constantly face.

:agree:

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I also like Smith better than DRC, Smith is simply better and has much more upside. Also Smith is relatively unknown after playing in Miami while DRC should command more money.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I read is how there are lots of teams interested in Smith. He has probably already priced himself out of our range.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I also like Smith better than DRC, Smith is simply better and has much more upside. Also Smith is relatively unknown after playing in Miami while DRC should command more money.

Dub, I disagree. That dude is not an "unknown" talent at all whatsoever. For real people involved in the sport such as coaches and GM they are well aware of who and how talented this kid is. Fans not knowing him has nothing to do with how much he would command in free agency.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
All I read is how there are lots of teams interested in Smith. He has probably already priced himself out of our range.

Unfortunately, I'm starting to notice that as well. :-(

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We need to sign Greg Toler and perhaps we can sign Sean Smith and move him back to safety which he played in college.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to sign Greg Toler and perhaps we can sign Sean Smith and move him back to safety which he played in college.

I don't believe Smith has ever played safety (he started as a WR and was moved to CB) other than when the Utes played heavy run teams like Air Force.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

If my memory serves me right, Smith was always a cornerback when he was in college. Many of us liked him as a prospect, but we ONLY wanted him as a safety at that time. We assumed that he would have struggled a bit as a corner but had the makeup to become a dominant FS in the league. It turned out, he is playing the cornerback position just as good as he was when he was at Utah.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't believe Smith has ever played safety (he started as a WR and was moved to CB) other than when the Utes played heavy run teams like Air Force.

Exactly. I said the same thing even before reading your post. :suds:

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If my memory serves me right, Smith was always a cornerback when he was in college. Many of us liked him as a prospect, but we ONLY wanted him as a safety at that time. We assumed that he would have struggled a bit as a corner but had the makeup to become a dominant FS in the league. It turned out, he is playing the cornerback position just as good as he was when he was at Utah.

That's where I made my mistake

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dub, I disagree. That dude is not an "unknown" talent at all whatsoever. For real people involved in the sport such as coaches and GM they are well aware of who and how talented this kid is. Fans not knowing him has nothing to do with how much he would command in free agency.

That is true. But I still want him! He is probably my #1 guy that I want this offseason.

All8up

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN's Adam Schefter estimated on NFL32 that Sean Smith will command in the range of $7 million to $7.5 million annually in free agency.
Per Schefter, Smith is widely viewed around the league as the top cornerback available. We prefer Aqib Talib, and perhaps teams would if he were cleaner off the field. Smith, who played college ball at Utah, is squeaky clean and only 25 years old. Look for the Chiefs, Eagles, Buccaneers, and perhaps Jaguars to contact Smith when the negotiating period opens Friday at midnight.

NFL | Sean Smith expected to command $7-7.5M/year - Rotoworld.com

Hope we bring him in for a visit.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00