• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sean Smith

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I would still like to re-sign Goldson and to a lesser extent Walker. But I'm not going to break the bank on their player, they need to take modest salaries. I believe Goldson will test the FA market again and find that there isn't much out there for him.

he would get Weddle money as a FA no doubt in my mind. Jax, Bal, Was, Dal, GB, Cinci, would easily upgrade with Goldson and give him Weddle's contract. Well, maybe not Baltimore, that'd be a stretch

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vontae Davis:

I seen my dude Sean Smith last night he said he talking to KC him & B Flowers will makes a good Duo

Ha.

It is getting to the point where teams should consider teaching their guys the dos and donts of Twitter and social media. It should be pretty obvious what not to say or do on there... but apparently it isn't..

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he would get Weddle money as a FA no doubt in my mind. Jax, Bal, Was, Dal, GB, Cinci, would easily upgrade with Goldson and give him Weddle's contract. Well, maybe not Baltimore, that'd be a stretch

He tested the market last time, looking for a big contract and it didn't come. Honestly he hasn't really gotten a whole lot better, just older.

Don't get me wrong, Goldson is a very good FS. The guy is a huge hitter and great in run support. But he gets lost in coverage and doesn't use his head leading to penalties. I don't want to break the bank for the guy and I don't think anyone else will either.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is getting to the point where teams should consider teaching their guys the dos and donts of Twitter and social media. It should be pretty obvious what not to say or do on there... but apparently it isn't..

I think half of these idiots should have their cell phones and laptops taken away, twitter blocked and then returned. These guys just don't know how to control themselves.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a general idea but didn't know exact (or close to) numbers that I could have spit out on my own without some digging. Thanks.

I really don't have much of a rooting interesting in seeing Manningham back. Wouldn't have been a supporter of seeing him back without the injury either.Didn't like that signing. Although, I did think he'd sign for longer than he did.

Torn on whether Goodwin needs to or should go now or not. May lean towards saying I'd like to see them keep him for 1 more year.

Some other names I'd keep in mind:

Chris Ivory - RFA but may not get tendered

Brandon Gibson

G/T Geoff Schwartz - Likely to get starter money, though. 49ers had interest in him last year right before he signed in Minnesota.

LB Antwan Barnes - Should've been a Niner from the get go. One of my favorite players in the NFL and one of the most underrated pass rushers that I've seen.

LB Philip Wheeler

DT Sammie Lee Hill (If Sopoaga were to leave)

K Phil Dawson

K Rob Bironas

K Lawrence Tynes

:love:

Said everything I was not articulate enough to say.

Last edited by a moderator:

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
He tested the market last time, looking for a big contract and it didn't come. Honestly he hasn't really gotten a whole lot better, just older.

Don't get me wrong, Goldson is a very good FS. The guy is a huge hitter and great in run support. But he gets lost in coverage and doesn't use his head leading to penalties. I don't want to break the bank for the guy and I don't think anyone else will either.

OH I completely agree with you on all points. Only thing is that we know he is basically the same player, but for the public, they see the starting safety from the #1 def a couple years ago, and a violent hitter from the Super Bowl this past season. And SD screwed this up in the first place because Weddle isn't worth Weddle money.

dreday

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
U can best believe that a team is gonna value him more then we do. & I think he's gonna get a pretty decent contract. But his coverage skills just ain't good enough 4 me. For the contract he's gonna get.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the twitter hack excuse! Such bs!!

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Miami's tag decision
March, 4, 2013 11:30AM ET
By Tim Kavanagh | ESPN.com

UPDATE: Well, we've got our answer: the Dolphins are placing the franchise tag on Randy Starks, according to ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter. We'll be back in a bit with how this impacts the rest of Miami's offseason.

---

One of the teams that has multiple players considered candidates for the franchise tag is the Miami Dolphins, though they have yet to declare anyone as the recipient of the designation as of Monday morning. The two players generally thought to be the most likely to receive the tag are CB Sean Smith and DT Randy Starks.

Negotiations on a long-term deal for either player have obviously yet to result in a signed pact, so there is some tension as the clock ticks down to the deadline at 4 p.m. EST. However, one of the two has apparently gotten wind that he's potentially getting the designation, and isn't 100 percent pleased with that possibility.

"I want to be a Dolphin!!!" Starks tweeted Sunday, per the Miami Herald. "Not just for one more year ..."

In addition, Starks confirms that he's willing to knock some compensation off his pricetag, but only to a certain extent: "Discount yeah clearence rack heck no. I want to be here and finish here!"

Starks has been listed as a dream free agent acquisition by clubs in need of a dominant interior D-lineman (such as the Cowboys, Broncos and Seahawks), but as of now, there's serious doubt that he'll reach the open market.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always liked Starks. Not sure why'd he want to be a Dolphin, let alone for the long term, as that franchise couldn't find it's way out of a paper bag. Even having Dan Marino only took them so far.

Back to topic, I'd like Smith because of his size, but I don't know him real well..... could he potentially play FS? Is he fast enough to still be a corner at 30?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I was calling for the Niners to sign Max Starks back when he was just done with the Titans. Always liked that guy. Even in college.

Sean Smith is in the same boat as Nnamdi & a afew others who are around 30 IMO. He's still good enough to get a long-term deal, but he's already peaked. This is why I'd rather the Niners get DRC (and Leodis McKelvin if I had my way).

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can Sean Smith at 25 yrs old already have peaked?

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Who is that guy who says he can shutdown Megatron?! We should trade for or draft this guy!! ???

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought there was a kid going in the draft who said that as well. I can't remember his name though.

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I thought there was a kid going in the draft who said that as well. I can't remember his name though.

As someone mentioned, it was Mathieu. He didn't just come out and say "I can shut down Calvin Johnson" unprovoked, though. They asked him if he could and he basically said he'd make his share of plays.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
How can Sean Smith at 25 yrs old already have peaked?

Wow. Chalk that up to a brain malfunction. I must've seen Sean Smith and thought another player. I forget whom I was trying to reference (along with Nnamdi) with that post.

Sean Smith would be a great pickup, but I prefer DRC.