• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sean Smith

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sean Smith - DB - Dolphins

The Arizona Republic confirms free agent Sean Smith's price tag is "likely too high" for the Cardinals.

The Cardinals were previously floated as a potential Smith suitor, but they do not have much money. Cards beat writer Kent Somers considers Greg Toler, and perhaps Arizona alum Antoine Cason, to be likelier targets. Teams in the hunt for Smith had better be ready for a bidding war. He's a lock to get overpaid.
Source: Kent Somers on Twitter

Mar 11 - 3:06 PM

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Seahawks to land Harvin; 49ers eyeing big-bodied cornerback Smith

Interesting that Barrows states that we're considered one of the favorites if not THE favorite to land Smith. First I've heard that and not sure what he's basing that on.

I haven't paid much attention to Sean Smith's words specifically, but many have said he's made it clear that he will follow the money. I'd like him on the team, but I can't see the 49ers throwing more money than some of the others believed to be interested.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, the word has been 7 - 7.5 per for almost a week now right? Since the latest is we are considered a favorite that makes me think we are willing to meet that price. So since the money is the same...I assume returning to your home state, nice weather, SB favorite, stating we are the front runner makes perfect sense.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes, the word has been 7 - 7.5 per for almost a week now right? Since the latest is we are considered a favorite that makes me think we are willing to meet that price. So since the money is the same...I assume returning to your home state, nice weather, SB favorite, stating we are the front runner makes perfect sense.

7mil isnt too bad for him I think, especially in comparison to some overpaid players on our team( Whitner 5 mil, Goodwin 5 mil, Rogers 7mil i think?)

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
It's 6 million, and the benefit is that there won't be any dead money when he's no longer a 49er next year.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sean Smith - DB - Chiefs

Chiefs agreed to terms with CB Sean Smith, formerly of the Dolphins, on a three-year, $18 million contract with $11 million guaranteed.

The news — first "reported" by Smith's former teammate Vontae Davis two weeks ago — comes via Smith's agent. He joins Brandon Flowers and Dunta Robinson to form one of the league's better cornerback trios, though Robinson could still end up at safety. It's the same failed strategy Andy Reid adopted in Philadelphia, but he's willing to give it a second chance as division-rival Denver transforms itself into an offensive colossus. Regardless of where Robinson plays, Smith will book end Flowers on the outside. The Chiefs might not be ready to compete for a playoff spot, but are going to be a far tougher out in 2013.

Source: David Canter on Twitter

Mar 14 - 1:45 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He only got $6mil a year, that should have been in the niners range...

Yeah. That was the first thing I thought too! I'm not jumping into conclusion but it seems like a major fumble by our front office.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I think it might have been the guaranteed money ($11M) that was an issue?

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sean Smith - DB - Chiefs

Chiefs agreed to terms with CB Sean Smith, formerly of the Dolphins, on a three-year, $18 million contract with $11 million guaranteed.

The news — first "reported" by Smith's former teammate Vontae Davis two weeks ago — comes via Smith's agent. He joins Brandon Flowers and Dunta Robinson to form one of the league's better cornerback trios, though Robinson could still end up at safety. It's the same failed strategy Andy Reid adopted in Philadelphia, but he's willing to give it a second chance as division-rival Denver transforms itself into an offensive colossus. Regardless of where Robinson plays, Smith will book end Flowers on the outside. The Chiefs might not be ready to compete for a playoff spot, but are going to be a far tougher out in 2013.

Source: David Canter on Twitter

Mar 14 - 1:45 PM

:omg:

Must assume we weren't that interested...

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator: