• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sean Lee hurt again

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Tenn would have done that, but who knows. I think they made the right move in the 1st. They said they had Barr, Donald, Shazier and Martin pretty evenly ranked. I think they were comfortable gambling that one of them would drop and they did. The only reason they would have grabbed one of the others over Martin was defense versus offense. IMO that was a great pick and will be viewed as a great pick 5 years from now. I'd rather have Martin and a 3rd over Donald, just like I'd rather have not traded up for Lawrence. Time will tell which is right I guess, but even if Lawrence ends up working out well enough to prove them right I still think in the moment it was a mistake...just like in 2013.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No not Dixon he's a S. the guy I'm talking about is a CB Terrence Mitchell

<H3>Analysis</H3> <H4>Strengths

Good size and length with a well-proportioned body. Quick-footed pedal. Shows read-and-react skills and nice anticipation to break on throws. Good hand-eye coordination. Gambler's mentality that enables him to make plays. High school skill-position traits show after he intercepts. Aggressive and competitive. Three-year starter. Recorded the best three-cone drill (6.57 seconds) and 20-yard shuttle (tie, 4.00) among cornerbacks at the combine.

Weaknesses

Has short arms and small hands. Is lean and functionally weak -- lacks press strength to impede receivers off the line. Tight-hipped. Gets wired on blocks outside. Needs to clean up his pedal. Inefficient plant-and-drive -- average balance and body control through transition. Falls out of the hip pocket and loses phase downfield. Lacks elite top-end speed and recovery burst -- needs help on explosive receivers. Average physicality and tackling ability. Tends to clutch and grab and draw flags. Draft Projection

Rounds 3-4
from NFL.com

I wish him well

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously I watched Mitchell play because of his team, but I didn't have an opinion on him one way or the other before the draft. To be honest I still haven't read or heard anything to make me think otherwise and more importanly since I go more by my own eyes than what others put in their write-ups I still don't have an opinion on him other than I hope he becomes the next Revis...I will say we certainly do need a #4 CB. So I'm all for the competition...

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
snook don't know where you got that but Ahmad Dixon was a projected 6th to 7th round pick if that's who your talking about

now the Pitt receiver we got as UDFA was projected high till his legal issues but that's another episode of Jerry Springer

Colors, The WR from Pitt (Devin Street) was drafted in the 5th round. We did pick up two nice WR prospects via UDFA. L'Damian Washington out of Missouri and Chris Boyd from Vanderbilt.
Boyd is the player I think you are referring too. He was a top WR recruit who got into legal trouble for covering fit teammates who raped someone.

I believe that whoever doesn't make the 53 man here will be scooped up before we can place them on the PS.

It's been a longtime since I felt we will be cutting players others are sure to pick up. Hell the last few years I've been anticipating cut day to see who we can sign.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colors, The WR from Pitt (Devin Street) was drafted in the 5th round. We did pick up two nice WR prospects via UDFA. L'Damian Washington out of Missouri and Chris Boyd from Vanderbilt.
Boyd is the player I think you are referring too. He was a top WR recruit who got into legal trouble for covering fit teammates who raped someone.

I believe that whoever doesn't make the 53 man here will be scooped up before we can place them on the PS.

It's been a longtime since I felt we will be cutting players others are sure to pick up. Hell the last few years I've been anticipating cut day to see who we can sign.

got my schools mixed up :doh: Boyd is the kid I was thinking about

Vanderbilt Pitt u know one of them back east schools :rollseyes:

That's sarcasm for you Pitt and Vandy grads

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
got my schools mixed up :doh: Boyd is the kid I was thinking about

Vanderbilt Pitt u know one of them back east schools :rollseyes:

That's sarcasm for you Pitt and Vandy grads

I agree all those east coast schools are the same. Easy mix up.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Those are 3 talented prospects. I like Beasley, but he's better play his little ass off in camp...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those are 3 talented prospects. I like Beasley, but he's better play his little ass off in camp...

I think after how Beasley played last year and made the most of his opportunities he is a lock for this team. How many big 3rd downs did he come through for us on? Even if he doesn't have a great camp I think it would be unwise to let this guy go and doubt itis even contemplated. I also think because of his STs play that Harris is a lock. Street will likely make the team and that's 5. So the other guys are looking at the practice squad or beating out another position and forcing us to add a 6th WR. I think it is possible that we do even though it wouldn't be the ideal plan.

Even if Orton retires I think we probably stick with 2 QBs and try to get Vaughn or someone else on the practice squad. I do think we'll keep a FB. I think we only go 3 TEs unless we find a real good blocking TE that we like. It was clear last year that we could have benefitted from having a blocking TE around. If Leary beats out MB for LG (I think he will) he may allow us to go one less OL because he can be our backup G and C. We will need to be deep at DL because of the rotation and DB because of lack of talent and clear roles. After the Lee injury, we may not have too many LBs we like enough to keep. So 6 WRs will be tough, but I think if one of these guys blows our socks off we may do it.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This from Dat Nguyen:

“We’ve got a guy down here for the San Antonio Spurs, Manu Ginobili, was a very similar player. When he first started in his career 15 years ago, he had a lot of injuries, never finished a season. … It’s only in the fifth year for (Lee) and unfortunately the last four years there has been something, but Manu Ginobili was the same way. He didn’t stay every year through his career. Then as he got older the game kind of slowed down and he didn’t have to be as reckless as he was as a player on the court, and I think that’s what’s going to happen to Sean Lee.”

Interesting take. Let's hope he correct.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This from Dat Nguyen:

“We’ve got a guy down here for the San Antonio Spurs, Manu Ginobili, was a very similar player. When he first started in his career 15 years ago, he had a lot of injuries, never finished a season. … It’s only in the fifth year for (Lee) and unfortunately the last four years there has been something, but Manu Ginobili was the same way. He didn’t stay every year through his career. Then as he got older the game kind of slowed down and he didn’t have to be as reckless as he was as a player on the court, and I think that’s what’s going to happen to Sean Lee.”

Interesting take. Let's hope he correct.

Comparing Apples to Oranges

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Beasley Harris and Street are all locks. Its hard not to pull for Washington but I have no idea what he was thinking. I read somewhere he had other offers for more money but wanted to be in Dallas. Why would you come to a team that has 4 returning WRs that all played big roles last yr? On top of that we draft another one in the 5th round. Not to even mention Byrd who we also signed

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Beasley Harris and Street are all locks. Its hard not to pull for Washington but I have no idea what he was thinking. I read somewhere he had other offers for more money but wanted to be in Dallas. Why would you come to a team that has 4 returning WRs that all played big roles last yr? On top of that we draft another one in the 5th round. Not to even mention Byrd who we also signed

Because this is Harris' last year. He is a FA after the season. And if you are going to fix the cap resign Dez and Smith .. maybe Murray.... it's safe to say Harris wont be here in 2015 ..... and he may not be here THIS YEAR
Cause unless I'm wrong ... Street might take his job as a kick returner

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good and the bad of Sean Lee. This guy could be an All time great if he could just stay on the field:

"This is the seventh constitutive season he has had an injury going back to college that will have cut into the number of games he has played. By the time the 2014 season is over, he will have missed 31 games over the previous three seasons in the NFL. You can't ignore that. It's devastating. People talk about how much this impact's the Cowboys. He epitomizes so much what the Cowboys want in their players and how they should conduct themselves. He is always studying and putting in extra time. After he gets hurt, he is back in the facilities the next day working with the younger players. He took a contract that gives him less money because of his injury history. He didn't have to and you look historically in this league and that doesn't happen often. He really does epitomize what you want in a teammate. Everyone respects him and wants him around, but you can't trust him going forward as him being a significant part of your defense. You just can't."