• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sean Lee hurt again

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont question drafting Lawrence. He was one of about 4 pass rushers I would have been happy with. I just dont think he represented so much of an upgrade over the other 3 that he was worth giving up a third rounder to get him. My first choice in round 2 would have been Kony Ealy. Even if Dallas didnt view Ealy as a RDE, give him a chance and let him prove he isn't. And if not, get the RDE next year. Not like Lawrence is starting this year anyway.

I will wait and see on Hitchens. The scouting reports are less than glowing though.

The whole issue though, as others have said, is Dallas is not just one player away. Trades like ones made for Claiborne and Lawrence are luxuries contenders can afford. Dallas isnt there yet.

In a couple of years, people are going to look back at Lawrence compared to Ealy and Nix or Lawrence vs Jernigan and Bradford and seriously want to throw up. Ealy had as many sacks as Lawrence, despite going up against Greg Robinson and Jake Matthews, while Lawrence was going up against OLinemen who couldn't start on Alabama or Tennessee's scout teams. Good Luck

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a couple of years, people are going to look back at Lawrence compared to Ealy and Nix or Lawrence vs Jernigan and Bradford and seriously want to throw up. Ealy had as many sacks as Lawrence, despite going up against Greg Robinson and Jake Matthews, while Lawrence was going up against OLinemen who couldn't start on Alabama or Tennessee's scout teams. Good Luck

Agreed. Im still kinda miffed at the lack of interest in Ealy. I think Ealy will be better than Lawrence straight up. Then add in the third rounder and it is a no brainer.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that was the ''logic'' in picking Hitchens, they should all be fired(again). Carl Bradford was taken right after Hitchens. He will be so much better than Hitchens it isn't even funny. They could have put Carter in the middle(where he plays better BTW) and started Bradford at Sam. Then we would have ''starters'' starting instead of starters and a scrub. Defending the Hitchens pick is parallel to defending the Escobar pick. Not only could Bradford have played Sam, he could have dropped down and rushed the passer as a DE. Oh yeah, he weigh's as much as Lawrence, another bust waiting to happen. Can't help it that I'm pissed, another F'd up draft means a probable losing season. Sucks

I'm not defending the pick. I'm defending the logic and pointing out the contradiction. But, don't get caught up in the "guru's" rankings either. You can't possibly say that you know Bradford "will be so much better than Hitchens it isn't even funny". And again, when you guys write off Lawrence based on nothing but his combine weight it's a pretty weak argument. A year from now he may be heavier than Ware.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont question drafting Lawrence. He was one of about 4 pass rushers I would have been happy with. I just dont think he represented so much of an upgrade over the other 3 that he was worth giving up a third rounder to get him.

Totally agree. I'll take it a step further and say that the idea there were only 3 or 4 guys that could play RDE was silly IMO. Any pass rushing end can play the weak side.

But, Lawrence IMO was a good pick. I don't get the overwhelming criticism of the pick,. He was one of the guys I wanted in the 2nd round.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's writing Lawrence off?

I'm not. I think he will be a good player in time. I just would have preferred Ealy and a 3rd rounder.
As for Hitchens, I don't know enough about him and I am reserving judgment. But I don't like what the scouting reports say about him in pass coverage.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not defending the pick. I'm defending the logic and pointing out the contradiction. But, don't get caught up in the "guru's" rankings either. You can't possibly say that you know Bradford "will be so much better than Hitchens it isn't even funny". And again, when you guys write off Lawrence based on nothing but his combine weight it's a pretty weak argument. A year from now he may be heavier than Ware.

:agree: With some folks logic about small school players we would have ended up with Merriman vice Ware. We all know how that worked out....:nod:

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I loved watching Lee play and it's really sad he's out for the year. He is the kind of guy that brings that attitude to a defense that other players feed off of. Hope he recovers and gets back soon.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree. I'll take it a step further and say that the idea there were only 3 or 4 guys that could play RDE was silly IMO. Any pass rushing end can play the weak side.

But, Lawrence IMO was a good pick. I don't get the overwhelming criticism of the pick,. He was one of the guys I wanted in the 2nd round.

Opinions vary. I may be completely wrong but I didn't like the Lawrence pick because I think he's way to small to be a 4-3 DE. If we were still in the 3-4 I be fine with the pick.

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, that sucks. Honestly, I never want to see any team lose its best players to injury...even, the boys. The NFL for me, is the enjoyment of watching the best players in the game compete, and Sean Lee is certainly one of those players.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, that sucks. Honestly, I never want to see any team lose its best players to injury...even, the boys. The NFL for me, is the enjoyment of watching the best players in the game compete, and Sean Lee is certainly one of those players.

No need to be PC with your rivals.

#Humanism

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OK...who stole Mitzi's sign on info??? Ford was SportsHoopla hacked???

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of how I said the replacements would play out. I think it is going to change a lot between now and the start of the year, but I never saw Carter as the most likely replacement. Just doesn't seem the best fit to me.

Cowboys' Defense Mulls Linebacker Prospects Post-Lee

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opinions vary. I may be completely wrong but I didn't like the Lawrence pick because I think he's way to small to be a 4-3 DE. If we were still in the 3-4 I be fine with the pick.

I would have been fine with Lawrence with our original 2nd round pick. I don't get trading our 3rd to go get him. They said he's the last edge rusher they saw, but in reality, the two guys they had agead of him, Clowney and Barr, are gonna be big enough to hold up as starters. Lawrence is a PSR. I really hope he proves me wrong though

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have been fine with Lawrence with our original 2nd round pick. I don't get trading our 3rd to go get him. They said he's the last edge rusher they saw, but in reality, the two guys they had agead of him, Clowney and Barr, are gonna be big enough to hold up as starters. Lawrence is a PSR. I really hope he proves me wrong though

I'm happy to read you say that. Seemed that you were giving him no chance to be a quality NFL player in some of your other posts. I just don't get the people that cry over every pick because it wasn't their guy or Kiper's guy. This board lit up after the first round and we made a GREAT pick at a huge position of need; just because people didn't have Martin on "their list". It's very possible we had Lawrence as the top player on the board behind Martin. I don't think he was and don't see a big difference between him and a guy like Ealy, but to me he was still a very good 2nd round pick. Doesn't mean he will work out, but the draft is still in part a crap shoot. The problem IMO, like you stated above, was the trade. It was just like last year. Picks were OK, but the draft day strategy was like a bunch of amateurs. I wish we would just never trade unless someone makes an offer we can't refuse.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hitchens is another one. The more I look into him, the more I like him. I can't imagine he starts this year even with Lee's injury, or plays too well if he does. But, regardless of what we would like rookies do need time to adust. Just because a guy doesn't do much in his first year or two doesn't mean it's a bad pick. Street was a very good pick to me. I don't know much about any of the 7th rounders, but coming into the draft I thought Dixon had a chance to be a SS in this league. Other than the trade I think we had a damn good draft. If we ended up with Lawrence at 47 and still used pick 79 (was it 79?) we probably would have had an A or A+ draft.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard the CB we picked in the 7th round was regarded as a top 10 talent at cb. If that's true We had a pretty solid draft.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard the CB we picked in the 7th round was regarded as a top 10 talent at cb. If that's true We had a pretty solid draft.

snook don't know where you got that but Ahmad Dixon was a projected 6th to 7th round pick if that's who your talking about

now the Pitt receiver we got as UDFA was projected high till his legal issues but that's another episode of Jerry Springer

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
snook don't know where you got that but Ahmad Dixon was a projected 6th to 7th round pick if that's who your talking about

now the Pitt receiver we got as UDFA was projected high till his legal issues but that's another episode of Jerry Springer
No not Dixon he's a S. the guy I'm talking about is a CB Terrence Mitchell

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy to read you say that. Seemed that you were giving him no chance to be a quality NFL player in some of your other posts. I just don't get the people that cry over every pick because it wasn't their guy or Kiper's guy. This board lit up after the first round and we made a GREAT pick at a huge position of need; just because people didn't have Martin on "their list". It's very possible we had Lawrence as the top player on the board behind Martin. I don't think he was and don't see a big difference between him and a guy like Ealy, but to me he was still a very good 2nd round pick. Doesn't mean he will work out, but the draft is still in part a crap shoot. The problem IMO, like you stated above, was the trade. It was just like last year. Picks were OK, but the draft day strategy was like a bunch of amateurs. I wish we would just never trade unless someone makes an offer we can't refuse.

I'm basically in agreement with you, the trade is what made me want to throw up. I couldn't care less about Kiper, there's enough video on every player nowadays that anyone should be able to form an opinion. If we didn't make the trade and Lawrence fell to us, I'd have had 0 problem with the pick, because the third round pick in this draft was a potential starter as well. As it turned out, we could have had Nix with our 3rd, and he is an impact starter at NT IMO. What I would really like to know, is would Tennessee have taken a 3rd to drop 5 spots so we could pick up Donald. As to Shazier, I felt like he would fall to them as well, can't blame them there. And Martin is certainly a good player. I personally think Pryor or Dix would have made more sense there, in that there are always solid OL to be found in rounds 3-5