• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sean Lee hurt again

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't RG3 walk of the field on his own with his ACL injury. I know initially he was hoping and at somepoint didn't he walk and actually play in the following game. Which was a playoff game against Seattle.

hopping

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we lose Lee, we don't have a true replacement for him on this team. Our defense is fucked. :(
Hoping for some false reports.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assume the reports are correct at what point do you cut Lee. Part of it is bad luck but He's injury prone. At this point you can't keep a guy who can't stay healthy regardless of his talent level.

You can cut him next year and save about a million ( post June 1st) Wait a year and save about 3

2017 all he has is the restructure bonus ...

I dont know why people are saying 6-7 year contract .... It's a 4 year deal .... with the Cowboys having the options on the next 2 ... with no bonus money and just base contract ..... free to cut

And the deal started LAST year

tylerTX88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First OTA?! Unbelievable. Let's hope it not serious (but it did not look good) I feel bad for Lee. He is such a great competitor.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per rotoworld.com Ed Werder is reporting Sean Lee has already been told it is an ACL tear. It will be official tomorrow morning. Prayers go out to Lee, if that is the case....

#Next MAN UP!

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can cut him next year and save about a million ( post June 1st) Wait a year and save about 3

2017 al. he has is the restructure bonus ...

I dont know why people are saying 6-7 year contract .... It's a 4 year deal .... with the Cowboys having the options on the next 2 ... with no bonus money and just base contract ..... free to cut

And the deal started LAST year

Thanks for posting the contract info :suds:

For me, cutting Lee is more about moving on from Lee than saving money. I love him as a football player, but Lee has left the defense (through no fault of his own) in some bad spots the past few years. Dallas needs someone that can be penciled in for 16 games every year.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries suck. Sorry to see it happen to any player.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHY he's the only dependable playmaker on defense.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHY he's the only dependable playmaker on defense.

No worries ..... our third down situational pass rusher .... is going to be the greatest move in Cowboys history :laugh3:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No worries ..... our third down situational pass rusher .... is going to be the greatest move in Cowboys history :laugh3:

100% this. To me, this is why Jerry needs to be called out for the last several drafts, despite picking some solid players. Our defense was the worst in the NFL last season, and after this offseason, our D is going to suck at an all time level. I hated the trade up for Claiborne and sure as Hell hated the trade up for Lawrence. We needed four players with those premium picks, not two. Fredrick worked out great last season, but taking Escobar in the 2nd was absurd. Zach Martin is a very good player, but we went into this year's draft with a pick in the middle of each of the first 3 rounds and came away with a 250 lb DE. That's it. Defense wins Championships. Seattle, Baltimore, Pitt, SF, NYG's, on and on the last 10 years. We won't win 8 this season

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% this. To me, this is why Jerry needs to be called out for the last several drafts, despite picking some good players. Our defense was the worst in the NFL last season, and after tit wasis offseason, our D is going to suck at an all time level. I hated the trade up for Claiborne and sure as Hell hated the trade up for Lawrence. We needed four players with those premium picks, not two. Fredrick worked out great last season, but taking Escobar in the 2nd was absurd. Zach Martin is a very good player, but we went into this year's draft with a pick in the middle of each of the first 3 rounds and came away with a 250 lb DE. That's it. Defense wins Championships. Seattle, Baltimore, Pitt, SF, NYG's, on and on the last 10 years. We won't win 8 this season

Agree with this 100%

Jerry shows very little logic when building this team, year after year. He just throws shit at the wall to see what sticks, and always hopes for the best and plans for the best. Never any contingencies In place when shit hits the fan. Anthony Hitchens anyone? Jerry just doesn't get it. I honestly believe that any number of people on this message board could and would do a better job than Jerry putting this team together.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with the Cowboys, as has been alluded to in prior posts, is that there is no rhyme or reason to the moves they make. There is no blueprint to follow. They're constantly drafting and signing guys to plug holes rather than drafting guys to fit a system and work towards some end goal.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just sucks. I like Martin but really wanted Shazier bad. Shazier is going to be a stud. The question now will be if hutchins colllege game translates to the NFL? If it does then we will have a steal on our hands. He was a tackling machine at iowa

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with this 100%

Jerry shows very little logic when building this team, year after year. He just throws shit at the wall to see what sticks, and always hopes for the best and plans for the best. Never any contingencies In place when shit hits the fan. Anthony Hitchens anyone? Jerry just doesn't get it. I honestly believe that any number of people on this message board could and would do a better job than Jerry putting this team together.

From what I read the LOGIC was that Hitchens was partly picked to back up Lee. Everyone cried that we took a "back up" at the same time every cried that Lee was injury prone. So now Lee gets hurt and maybe the logic proved correct? I'm not sayiing he was the best choice, but I think that was the logic, no? Any way, picking for needs is what to me is stupid. You pick the best players and in the long run it will work out best. That is what all good teams do. My only problem with this years draft (like last year) remains the stupid trade. At this point I'm happy with the players and I don't see questioning a pass rusher when that was by a MILE our biggest need.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just sucks. I like Martin but really wanted Shazier bad. Shazier is going to be a stud. The question now will be if hutchins colllege game translates to the NFL? If it does then we will have a steal on our hands. He was a tackling machine at iowa

The scouting reports say Hitchens is a liability in coverage. That said, Hitchens should fit right in on the Dallas pass defense.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I read the LOGIC was that Hitchens was partly picked to back up Lee. Everyone cried that we took a "back up" at the same time every cried that Lee was injury prone. So now Lee gets hurt and maybe the logic proved correct? I'm not sayiing he was the best choice, but I think that was the logic, no? Any way, picking for needs is what to me is stupid. You pick the best players and in the long run it will work out best. That is what all good teams do. My only problem with this years draft (like last year) remains the stupid trade. At this point I'm happy with the players and I don't see questioning a pass rusher when that was by a MILE our biggest need.

If that was the ''logic'' in picking Hitchens, they should all be fired(again). Carl Bradford was taken right after Hitchens. He will be so much better than Hitchens it isn't even funny. They could have put Carter in the middle(where he plays better BTW) and started Bradford at Sam. Then we would have ''starters'' starting instead of starters and a scrub. Defending the Hitchens pick is parallel to defending the Escobar pick. Not only could Bradford have played Sam, he could have dropped down and rushed the passer as a DE. Oh yeah, he weigh's as much as Lawrence, another bust waiting to happen. Can't help it that I'm pissed, another F'd up draft means a probable losing season. Sucks

Last edited by a moderator:

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I read the LOGIC was that Hitchens was partly picked to back up Lee. Everyone cried that we took a "back up" at the same time every cried that Lee was injury prone. So now Lee gets hurt and maybe the logic proved correct? I'm not sayiing he was the best choice, but I think that was the logic, no? Any way, picking for needs is what to me is stupid. You pick the best players and in long run it will work out best. That is what all good teams do. My only problem with this years draft (like last year) remains the stupid trade. At this point I'm happy with the players and I don't see questioning a pass rusher when that was by a MILE our biggest need.

I dont question drafting Lawrence. He was one of about 4 pass rushers I would have been happy with. I just dont think he represented so much of an upgrade over the other 3 that he was worth giving up a third rounder to get him. My first choice in round 2 would have been Kony Ealy. Even if Dallas didnt view Ealy as a RDE, give him a chance and let him prove he isn't. And if not, get the RDE next year. Not like Lawrence is starting this year anyway.

I will wait and see on Hitchens. The scouting reports are less than glowing though.

The whole issue though, as others have said, is Dallas is not just one player away. Trades like ones made for Claiborne and Lawrence are luxuries contenders can afford. Dallas isnt there yet.