• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks wants a 1st for Frank Clark

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All reasons to refuse giving up a 1.
Agreed. Okafor, Ogbah, Speaks and Kpassagnon are all unproven at the moment, too. You don't go all in on a game of hold'em without looking at your cards first.

It seems like every year there are about 2 needs that we think the Chiefs have until the season actually starts and young guys step up.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say Seattle should look for a mid to high 2nd rounder for him because I think there would be a market in that range.

Agree there would be a market if all they asked for was a second round pick

Obviously Seattle doesn't want to trade him since he's their best pass rusher

Correct and unlikely to hit on a comparable talent in the draft, trading him would hurt because he is their pass rush.They need more not less of a pass rush.

you also don't want to make the same mistake like with Earl Thomas where you could've had Dallas' 2nd round pick for him

Don't think your correct about the Cowboys willing to give a second. Last I heard a third was all they offered. Secondly I feel they were still trying to move right up until he got injured. Feel they were waiting out bids. I could be wrong about that IDK.

if you're not going to sign a guy long term

Still think the plan is to sign him long term. Patience is a asset in negotiations. Think it will still happen.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Okafor, Ogbah, Speaks and Kpassagnon are all unproven at the moment, too. You don't go all in on a game of hold'em without looking at your cards first.

It seems like every year there are about 2 needs that we think the Chiefs have until the season actually starts and young guys step up.
This time last year Ogbah was considered an ascending talent by a lot of people and now his stock is zero apparently. I am just not in the mood to hand Seattle a get out of draft-asset jail free card so they can turn around and draft a good prospect for 5 years of control.

What's the point? Just throw draft picks at the Jags and do what it takes to get Jalen Ramsey if that's the gameplan.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This time last year Ogbah was considered an ascending talent by a lot of people and now his stock is zero apparently. I am just not in the mood to hand Seattle a get out of draft-asset jail free card so they can turn around and draft a good prospect for 5 years of control.

What's the point? Just throw draft picks at the Jags and do what it takes to get Jalen Ramsey if that's the gameplan.
Yeah, I'm not terribly impressed with Ogbah. Oklahoma St in general has not really produced much defensive talent and he just seems like an athlete and not an NFL player.

Speaks is a better fit in the 4-3. Kpass seems like he is in some sort of roster purgatory so I'm not sure how much to count him but when you factor in where all 3 went in the draft then I think you have to think that all three at least have a shot at being a factor.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in the full picture there are 2 other guys along with him who are being interviewed for the Bengals as new hires and they look happy and this dude looks like he made the biggest mistake of his life and he knows it. And that's hilarious to me.

So you have had this avatar for 20 years? He has been a Bengals executive since 1999, and has been our de facto GM for over a decade. Not sure when you put this up as your avatar, but I have never seen it until recently and finally had to ask about it.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you have had this avatar for 20 years? He has been a Bengals executive since 1999, and has been our de facto GM for over a decade. Not sure when you put this up as your avatar, but I have never seen it until recently and finally had to ask about it.
Oh then I guess the circumstances were incorrect, but maybe like 2-3 months

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh then I guess the circumstances were incorrect, but maybe like 2-3 months

Maybe what you read was misinterpreted. Recently, during the hiring process of Zac Taylor, they said that Duke Tobin was a major player in the finding a new head coach and integral to the hiring process. Of course Marvin was here for 16 years, so when they hired Marvin, Tobin was not high enough up the ranks to earn the opportunity to help with the hiring process, and then of course we didn't hire anyone else for 16 years. I think you misread.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only team I could see potentially trading a first is Oakland (because they have 3 + more picks from the Bears)... but Clark wants like $20M per... Clark is nowhere near as good as Mack but I'd argue he's a top 15-20 EDGE rusher, and Oakland was able to haul in TWO first round picks (and a '20 3rd), so it may be net beneficial, especially if they draft Murray and pass on a talented edge rusher early. Good chance Williams/Bosa will be off the board anyway. Clark would still be cheaper than Mack by $3-4M per, and he's young enough that he can improve.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only team I could see potentially trading a first is Oakland (because they have 3 + more picks from the Bears)... but Clark wants like $20M per... Clark is nowhere near as good as Mack but I'd argue he's a top 15-20 EDGE rusher, and Oakland was able to haul in TWO first round picks (and a '20 3rd), so it may be net beneficial, especially if they draft Murray and pass on a talented edge rusher early. Good chance Williams/Bosa will be off the board anyway. Clark would still be cheaper than Mack by $3-4M per, and he's young enough that he can improve.
That's the difference between a good EDGE rusher and a generational talent like Mack.

I'd definitely say he's a top 15-20 EDGE in the NFL right now, but he's also a monumental pile of shit with multiple off-field issues. I wouldn't give him a penny more than $10-12m per, especially given the dearth of EDGE talent in this year's draft, but I'm sure someone will pay up for him.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the difference between a good EDGE rusher and a generational talent like Mack.

I'd definitely say he's a top 15-20 EDGE in the NFL right now, but he's also a monumental pile of shit with multiple off-field issues. I wouldn't give him a penny more than $10-12m per, especially given the dearth of EDGE talent in this year's draft, but I'm sure someone will pay up for him.

He hasn't had any off field issues (unless I'm losing it) since he joined the NFL... and domestic violence charges against men I take with a HUGE grain of salt these days.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He hasn't had any off field issues (unless I'm losing it) since he joined the NFL... and domestic violence charges against men I take with a HUGE grain of salt these days.
There was the 2012 felony home invasion charge, and in the DV situation where he was able to plead it down to disorderly conduct, the investigating officers publicly stated disagreement with the prosecutor's assessment. There was also his shitty message to the female reporter telling her when she got fired from her "lil job", she could come clean his fish tank. Then of course, there was his 2017 sucker punch to Germain Ifedi in Seattle that caused him to miss game time.

Overall he's just a shitty person. You can find talent that doesn't come with that sort of unnecessary baggage.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Refresh my memory on all the stuff he's done wrong since he got to Seattle?
The shitty comments to the female reporter and sucker punching a starting offensive lineman, causing him to miss time. Is that not enough for only being in the NFL for 4 years?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you poll Seattle fans, you may find they wish that he'd punched Ifedi harder. Just sayin'. The clean my fishtank comment never hit my radar.

I've seen worse comments in the church thread on the hoop. Just sayin.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was the 2012 felony home invasion charge, and in the DV situation where he was able to plead it down to disorderly conduct, the investigating officers publicly stated disagreement with the prosecutor's assessment. There was also his shitty message to the female reporter telling her when she got fired from her "lil job", she could come clean his fish tank. Then of course, there was his 2017 sucker punch to Germain Ifedi in Seattle that caused him to miss game time.

Overall he's just a shitty person. You can find talent that doesn't come with that sort of unnecessary baggage.

Eh, the stuff with the reporter wasn’t even a big deal. Was it crude, sure. But if it were a dude reporter no biggie, she was an idiot, then he was an idiot back. Sucker punching Ifedi wasn’t really a big deal either because everyone said he deserved it. Sherman and Bennett wanted to but would’ve gotten their ass kicked. He has been pretty clean since joining the NFL and his Twitter is hilarious.

Still not worth a 1st though.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can understand how a Browns fan may have a sour taste in his mouth from players with issues. Gordon, Calloway, now Hunt. You likely had your fill of players with issues.:rolleyes2:

Last edited:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, the stuff with the reporter wasn’t even a big deal. Was it crude, sure. But if it were a dude reporter no biggie, she was an idiot, then he was an idiot back. Sucker punching Ifedi wasn’t really a big deal either because everyone said he deserved it. Sherman and Bennett wanted to but would’ve gotten their ass kicked. He has been pretty clean since joining the NFL and his Twitter is hilarious.

Still not worth a 1st though.
I have reservations about a guy who is fine with committing any felony. The DV stuff, who knows exactly what happened. You don't often see investigating officers publicly criticizing the prosecutor though, so that's a bad look. Whether Ifedi deserved it or not is irrelevant, you don't go sucker punching your teammates. That's just what shitty people do.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand how a Browns fan may have a sour taste in his mouth from players with issues. Gordon, Calloway, now Hunt. You not likely had your fill of players with issues.:rolleyes2:
Calloway has huge potential, but if he shows any sort of character issues whatsoever, I'm fine with booting him.

I'll never say Hunt made the right choices with that chick, but I'm also definitely not going to say he's in the "domestic abuse" camp. The chick got right up and walked away, and was the instigator when Hunt and his friends were trying to do the right thing. Hell, she wound up being the suspect when the CPD finished their interviews and wrote the subsequent police report.