• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks wants a 1st for Frank Clark

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good ask for the moon and see if anyone bites

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the source is described as “league source” forget about reading it.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably just more off season click bait bullshit. I don't bother reading any of it anymore. Honestly, even the worst posters here on the hoop are more knowledgeable and entertaining than the idiot media types.
Having said that, of course he's not worth a first but if true, might as well put it out there and see if some idiot GM bites.

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no ones bitting , if u wanna trade him for picks, be realistic
I dont think they want to trade him and if they dont want to trade him why would they settle for the first fair value deal they are offered.

To add on a little bit, this isnt too far off from what most negotiations look like, one team hella high balls, the team that wants the player hella low balls then they meet somewhere in the middle

Last edited:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think they want to trade him and if they dont want to trade him why would they settle for the first fair value deal they are offered.

To add on a little bit, this isnt too far off from what most negotiations look like, one team hella high balls, the team that wants the player hella low balls then they meet somewhere in the middle
I know I just think it’s a bit nutty

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're not getting a 1st for him... He's a solid player though, hopefully we find a way to keep him...

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I doubt they want to trade him either. However with the crazy RW deal and KJ Wright due this year and Bobby Wags next Seattle needs to be very creative with how Clark plays out?

One good and bad thing is Seattle only has like 4 picks this year IIRC? Good because it won't hurt them salary wise but bad if they don't find a starter or two?

Next year Seattle gets real healthy cap wise IIRC?

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt they want to trade him either. However with the crazy RW deal and KJ Wright due this year and Bobby Wags next Seattle needs to be very creative with how Clark plays out?

One good and bad thing is Seattle only has like 4 picks this year IIRC? Good because it won't hurt them salary wise but bad if they don't find a starter or two?

Wright was signed to an extension earlier this offseason for an actually pretty team friend deal, the only people to really worry about now are Clark if they dont trade him and Wagner

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As far as the draft goes, yea they only have 4 picks atm, but I'm sure they will trade down to get a few more

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wright was signed to an extension earlier this offseason for an actually pretty team friend deal, the only people to really worry about now are Clark if they dont trade him and Wagner
KJ signed a two year deal with an opt out after next season. This is good for Seattle as they can lock him up next year with the cap space they'll have. Now turning 30 how many years does Seattle give him?

This contract makes him top 15 cash wise for OLB.

K.J. Wright

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KJ signed a two year deal with an opt out after next season. This is good for Seattle as they can lock him up next year with the cap space they'll have. Now turning 30 how many years does Seattle give him?

This contract makes him top 15 cash wise for OLB.

K.J. Wright
Which is why I mentioned its team friendly hes been going through some health problems the last 2 or so years, so if he cant stay healthy you can part ways, but if he does remain healthy i think top 15 OLB money is far

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as the draft goes, yea they only have 4 picks atm, but I'm sure they will trade down to get a few more
#21, 84, 124 and 159. One pick in each the 1st, 3rd, 4th and 5th.
Not a lot of trade ammo. I can see someone coming for #21 but that likely gets them a late 1st + say a 4th or 5th this year? Or maybe an early second and a 5th? Or a higher pick in 2020.
This draft is going to hurt them. They have to hit big on a couple of picks. Quantity vs quality really matters this year for them. If they trade their later picks they just get more later picks this year or next.

Positive side a pretty good QB went #199 a handful of years ago.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why I mentioned its team friendly hes been going through some health problems the last 2 or so years, so if he cant stay healthy you can part ways, but if he does remain healthy i think top 15 OLB money is far
Top 15 money is far? Or did you mean fair?
I agree top 15 is about right. This years deal good for the Hawks (duration) like you mentioned. $ is meh, not great for either. Actually favors Wright slightly.

It will be interesting seeing what happens next year if Wright continues to perform.

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#21, 84, 124 and 159. One pick in each the 1st, 3rd, 4th and 5th.
Not a lot of trade ammo. I can see someone coming for #21 but that likely gets them a late 1st + say a 4th or 5th this year? Or maybe an early second and a 5th? Or a higher pick in 2020.
This draft is going to hurt them. They have to hit big on a couple of picks. Quantity vs quality really matters this year for them. If they trade their later picks they just get more later picks this year or next.

Positive side a pretty good QB went #199 a handful of years ago.
I think getting a few later round picks would be fine, they've proven they are a lot better at drafting later in the draft than earlier

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 15 money is far? Or did you mean fair?
I agree top 15 is about right. This years deal good for the Hawks (duration) like you mentioned. $ is meh, not great for either. Actually favors Wright slightly.

It will be interesting seeing what happens next year if Wright continues to perform.
Totally meant fair, that's what I get for trying on my phone

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally meant fair, that's what I get for trying on my phone
lol "trying" on your phone.
Just busting your balls. I post 90% of the time from my phone. I'm as guilty as anyone for spelling and grammar mistakes.