• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks vs Dolphins

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If true about ifedi thats a huge relief.

Still, the bevell offense has a long history of slow starts even at home and especially against strong d-lines.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If true about ifedi thats a huge relief.

Still, the bevell offense has a long history of slow starts even at home and especially against strong d-lines.
I suppose it's not how you start but how you finish.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard a clip from Carroll's presser and apparently Ifedi only "twisted" his ankle and will be a game time decision. So apparently the media blew this out of proportion like they usually do.

In fairness, there's a WIDE range of what 'high ankle sprains' encompass. I did mine 20 years back playing floor hockey. Folded the ankle over all the way to the floor. Doctor said after that it would have healed faster if I'd just broken it. I was on crutches for over a month.

Then there's milder ones where there's no ligament damage.

All in between are under the same description.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the game, I'm drinking the 'Russ has evolved to where he's seeing the game at a higher level' koolaid. We see the next progression in his professional development tomorrow. 34 - 10.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wont be surprised if we march down the field on the 1st possession and score a TD.
But if we don't, I wouldn't look at it as a huge cause for concern. The style of this team is a 4 quarter attack. More Ali than Tyson. Accumulate punishment over the course of the battle so by the end, all those shots add up to make a defeated opponent. I think it's a big reason why this team has been so good at finishing games over the last 4 years. The pounding early in the game softens them up to make the same approach that much more effective later on.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness, there's a WIDE range of what 'high ankle sprains' encompass. I did mine 20 years back playing floor hockey. Folded the ankle over all the way to the floor. Doctor said after that it would have healed faster if I'd just broken it. I was on crutches for over a month.

Then there's milder ones where there's no ligament damage.

All in between are under the same description.

After reading this, I will not attempt to play floor hockey.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My game preview.

Positives:

Russell Wilson -
Everyone outside Seattle looks at last year as being the year Wilson proved he's a quality passer - but Hawks fans know exactly how good he has been for years. He is everything that you want in a QB, and if he comes out to start this season the way he ended last year - it's gonna be a huge season.

Tyler Lockett -
Lockett showed last year that he was going to be a force to deal with when he plays at WR. Miami doesn't appear to have the DBs to cover him - especially when they have to also account for Baldwin and Kearse, and possibly Graham. Lockett could have a big game today.

Christine Michael -
No one in Seattle questions that Michael is a different RB than he was his first go round. I don't think he has as much upside as Rawls, but he's much more capable to handle the load until PC thinks Rawls is ready for 20+ touches.

Negatives:

Ndamukong Suh -
Everybody knows what kind of beast this guy is, and despite having a "down" season last year (61 tackles, 6 sacks, 5 pd), Suh is still one of the best DTs in the league. He'll provide a great test for this new OL, and help prepare them for future matchups against guys like Donald.

Ryan Tannehill -
He doesn't get the respect that a perennial 4000 yard passer would normally get. He doesn't throw a lot of picks, and he's athletic enough to run if you lose sight of him in your defense. LOB is one of the toughest defensive backfields he'll face, but he is 1-0 with 250 yards against the LOB.

Jordan Cameron -
Seattle lost sight of defending TEs last year, and though he's a couple years removed from his 80/917/7 season in Cleveland, if the defense loses their assignment against him - he could hurt the Hawks pretty bad.

Matchups:

Jarvis Landry vs. Jeremy Lane -
With Sherman on one side and Lane on the other, look for Miami to try to keep Landry away from Sherman as much as possible. Lane will be tested, early and often. Landry got an average of 10 targets a game last year, and expect them to try and find a positive matchup that will allow him to have an impact on their gameplan.

Byron Maxwell vs. Doug Baldwin -
Maxwell is another defender on the Miami defense who had a down year last year, and he has to prove that last year was an anomaly and not that he was a product of the Seattle system. He's also the best CB they have (even at last year's performance level) and as such, if Miami is going to be successful, he's gonna have to cover whoever his assignment is, which is gonna be hard - especially when it's Baldwin, a guy who will feast on the opportunity to toast a former LOB.

Miami DL vs. Seattle OL -
If name recognition won games - Miami's DL will completely dominate the line of scrimmage today. But, with all that name recognition also comes older players (Wake and Williams) who are definitely not the players they used to be. If the inexperienced Seattle line can keep Suh and company off Wilson (and give Michael and Rawls running room) it's gonna be a long day in Miami.

Overview:

On paper, Seattle is better on offense, defense and special teams. Fortunately, they play these games. I look for the Seahawks defense to send a message early, and the Miami run game will be stymied - which will make Tannehill be the one to beat them. A capable QB, but if they can do that, it'll force the Dolphins offense to play right toward their strength. The Hawks offense will try to maul their running game right through the Miami defense, setting up big plays in the passing game. If Seattle plays to it's potential - and not down to their opponents - the game will be an easy Seahawks win. But we all know, Seattle plays down to their opponents a lot - especially early in the season! Go Hawks!

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keenan Allen down - clutching his knee. That's not a good sign for San Diego fans

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love opening day of football! Go Hawks all day all the time :yahoo:

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's play some football, boys!

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck those clowns. On 9/11 15 years after it happened? Disgusting.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 WR screens to start the game. Interesting. Moving the chains.

As I type this, incomplete on first pass that isn't a screen.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR screen working. Going to open something up deep.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take care of the ball..

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
come on lockett. Gotta do better than that.