• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks trade for a safety

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently the move has disrupted our locker room quite a bit and CB Darius Slay could be next.

It takes two to make it outta sight!

Red Rover Red Rover send Slay right over...

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently the move has disrupted our locker room quite a bit and CB Darius Slay could be next.

Don't know what Slay's contract situation looks like but since he's only 28 and coming off back to back Pro-Bowl seasons, I'd try to hold on to him if I were you guys.

I really am not trying to rub salt into the wound, but the fact that Diggs was so loved by his teammates makes the trade sweeter to me as a Seahawks fan.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you guys want to do this knowing that Ed Dickinson is returning in a week or two?

5 realistic deals we want to see before the NFL trade deadline

View attachment 220868

Would I love to have Austin Hooper? Yes.

Would I want to give a second round pick for a TE who will be a free agent this upcoming offseason? No.

The Seahawks would have to be committed to either placing the tag on him or working out an extension in order for it to be worth it. You also have to take into consideration that we'll have Dissly back next year. Another factor is the fact that the Jarran Reed, Jadeveon Clowney, Ziggy Ansah, Mychal Kendricks, Mike Iupati, Jarron Brown, Germain Ifedi, David Moore, George Fant and Luke Willson will all be free agents at the end of the season. That's 10 players who are either starters or significant contributors and I don't think the Seahawks should make a move like that when they'll have so many guys to replace/sign to contract extensions.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know what Slay's contract situation looks like but since he's only 28 and coming off back to back Pro-Bowl seasons, I'd try to hold on to him if I were you guys.

I really am not trying to rub salt into the wound, but the fact that Diggs was so loved by his teammates makes the trade sweeter to me as a Seahawks fan.

He has 1 year left. He actually held out earlier in the year. He just had a media session where he made it pretty clear a trade would be fine with him.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has 1 year left. He actually held out earlier in the year. He just had a media session where he made it pretty clear a trade would be fine with him.

Maybe it does make sense to trade him then if the price is right. He'd be a great piece for a contender, but I don't follow the Lions closely enough to know what the playoff window looks like for you guys. If the Lions don't believe they'll realistically contend in 2020, it might be better to move him now while his value is at its peak.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They can still be friends. Slay needs to focus on winning. You’d think the Lions locker room would be wiling to try anything at this point

I honestly didn’t even know Diggs was a captain. He’s a converted CB we took in the 6th round. He really isn’t a huge loss for us to be making this much media noise. We also took a bigger safety in the 3rd round this year who replaces him.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it does make sense to trade him then if the price is right. He'd be a great piece for a contender, but I don't follow the Lions closely enough to know what the playoff window looks like for you guys. If the Lions don't believe they'll realistically contend in 2020, it might be better to move him now while his value is at its peak.

BQ is a pretty terrible gm. The first few years got spent funneling picks and players to the Patriots. Now he seems to think he can also turn late picks into gems.....so far that is a clear no. He can't even find great players in round 1 or 2. He got a few solid starters. One awesome pick in the third round though!

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you guys want to do this knowing that Ed Dickinson is returning in a week or two?

5 realistic deals we want to see before the NFL trade deadline

View attachment 220868

Possibly to many holes on this team after the season. Lots of URFA that should/need to be resigned and Dissly will be back. Hooper is not a bad TE but Dickson is fine and will be back soon, Willson and Hollister need to step it up just a little and soon Fant will be able to play his TE spot once Brown is back. Hawks need these Draft picks they have to rebuild some talent on smaller contracts.

With Dissly coming back Next year this would be a 1 year rental most likely and thats a lot to give up ( 2nd rounder )for a 1/2 season guy. I do not see him making us a Playoff team, If we arn't one he wont make us one.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibly to many holes on this team after the season. Lots of URFA that should/need to be resigned and Dissly will be back. Hooper is not a bad TE but Dickson is fine and will be back soon, Willson and Hollister need to step it up just a little and soon Fant will be able to play his TE spot once Brown is back. Hawks need these Draft picks they have to rebuild some talent on smaller contracts.

With Dissly coming back Next year this would be a 1 year rental most likely and thats a lot to give up ( 2nd rounder )for a 1/2 season guy. I do not see him making us a Playoff team, If we arn't one he wont make us one.

If the Hawks want to make another big trade I'd prefer it was for a premier cornerback. That is the weakest spot on the team by far. We've been scoring and moving the ball just fine this year so I don't think another TE is a glaring need at the moment.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Hawks want to make another big trade I'd prefer it was for a premier cornerback. That is the weakest spot on the team by far. We've been scoring and moving the ball just fine this year so I don't think another TE is a glaring need at the moment.

i'm confused as to why you quoted my post? Sounds like we both agree that trading for a TE is just stupid.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BQ is a pretty terrible gm. The first few years got spent funneling picks and players to the Patriots. Now he seems to think he can also turn late picks into gems.....so far that is a clear no. He can't even find great players in round 1 or 2. He got a few solid starters. One awesome pick in the third round though!

Sort of random, but what are your thoughts on Darrell Bevell? Not many of us were big fans of him.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can still be friends. Slay needs to focus on winning. You’d think the Lions locker room would be wiling to try anything at this point

I honestly didn’t even know Diggs was a captain. He’s a converted CB we took in the 6th round. He really isn’t a huge loss for us to be making this much media noise. We also took a bigger safety in the 3rd round this year who replaces him.

I think most teams vote on the captain and despite Diggs not being even remotely close to the best player on the field, his teammates must've really loved him. Probably had more to do with leadership/camaraderie with his teammates than his performance on the field.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sort of random, but what are your thoughts on Darrell Bevell? Not many of us were big fans of him.

It think he needs a running game and the Lions dont have it. So hard to judge too much.

But they took a TE with a top 10 pick, he should get more than 3-4 targets.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When you look at the Lions offense and see the production they are getting i think they would be extremely happy with Bevell. The Hawks on the Offensive side of the ball are more talented than the Lions and it's really not that close but the Lions are scoring 24.8 PPG not bad for the lack of talent on that side of the ball. IF they had Megatron, Tate, and a top 5 RB that team would be a handful!

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the packers game that was stolen from the lions. bevell was making the usual terrible red zone calls like throwing a fade two or three times in a row, ends up kicking FGs instead of TDs.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like this team could use another receiver because the defense looks more like they need more time playing with one another but there have been good things with them. I would have given up a 2nd round pick for Diggs the WR from Minnesota but it seems like he is staying because of the run they are having

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Diggs, Blair and McDougald. The big Nickle is coming back!