• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks trade for a safety

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
those 4-3 formations were crushing us

I might be in the minority regarding this, but I think staying in a base 4-3 was detrimental when facing a QB with the running ability of Lamar Jackson. He's just too damn fast to spy a linebacker against when he's possibly the fastest player on the field. If the Seahawks had ran more of a base nickel and spied a safety or nickel against him instead of a linebacker, they could've perhaps contained him a little bit better.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might be in the minority regarding this, but I think staying in a base 4-3 was detrimental when facing a QB with the running ability of Lamar Jackson. He's just too damn fast to spy a linebacker against when he's possibly the fastest player on the field. If the Seahawks had ran more of a base nickel and spied a safety or nickel against him instead of a linebacker, they could've perhaps contained him a little bit better.
yeah it got real old knowing that on a 3rd and long Lamar was just going to run, and seemed like he converted every time with ease. When your opponent can call his shot and you still can't stop him, you have a problem.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think one of the reasons I like the trade is that Diggs seems like a fan favorite and great in the locker room. After trading for Diggs and Clowney I'd be surprised if the Seahawks make another major trade considering how much they love their draft picks.

Sorry to hear that you guys are selling. That always sucks. Not relevant from a Seahawks perspective, but do you think the Lions will move Snacks? Great player and you guys landed him for pennies.

I am not sure the Lions are selling, from what I have seen Diggs does not get along with the coaches. Seems like they traded him trying to avoid drama, but the other players seem to side with Diggs. Things might turn real ugly for the Lions soon.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure the Lions are selling, from what I have seen Diggs does not get along with the coaches. Seems like they traded him trying to avoid drama, but the other players seem to side with Diggs. Things might turn real ugly for the Lions soon.

Interesting, I didn't know that. Could it be the position they were playing him at or something? I know he has bounced between corner and safety. Seems like his teammates absolutely love him so it would be strange that he would have issues with the coaches.

Appreciate your input btw.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah it got real old knowing that on a 3rd and long Lamar was just going to run, and seemed like he converted every time with ease. When your opponent can call his shot and you still can't stop him, you have a problem.

I will say that I was a doubter regarding Lamar Jackson but he is a damn freak. I do believe if the Seahawks had a better secondary they would play more in the nickel - which I think it part of the reason for this trade. Kendricks/Wagner/Wright are a great linebacker combination, but in today's NFL you need 5 DBs on the field most of the time.

Irrespective of the linebacker talent the Seahawks have, it doesn't make sense to run in a 4-3 when the offense has 3 WRs and a TE on the field.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting, I didn't know that. Could it be the position they were playing him at or something? I know he has bounced between corner and safety. Seems like his teammates absolutely love him so it would be strange that he would have issues with the coaches.

Appreciate your input btw.

I had no idea about it until after. In his parting remarks he thanked fans, teammates, and ownership. He also tweeted a gif of Kermit doing his yay dance....which Slay retweeted.

Jammer tweeted out a cryptic message about dishonesty about the coaches as well. I really hope you guys get the 2018 Diggs, I like him a lot.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say that I was a doubter regarding Lamar Jackson but he is a damn freak. I do believe if the Seahawks had a better secondary they would play more in the nickel - which I think it part of the reason for this trade. Kendricks/Wagner/Wright are a great linebacker combination, but in today's NFL you need 5 DBs on the field most of the time.

Irrespective of the linebacker talent the Seahawks have, it doesn't make sense to run in a 4-3 when the offense has 3 WRs and a TE on the field.
completely agree. There is a reason why our two losses are to the Saints and the Ravens. Those are prototypical offenses that abuse a 4-3 defense

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This right here! I saw to much 4-3 base with 3 WR on the field OMFG!

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had no idea about it until after. In his parting remarks he thanked fans, teammates, and ownership. He also tweeted a gif of Kermit doing his yay dance....which Slay retweeted.

Jammer tweeted out a cryptic message about dishonesty about the coaches as well. I really hope you guys get the 2018 Diggs, I like him a lot.

Was he playing mostly safety or nickel in 2018?

I also hope you guys hit a home run with the pick you guys got from us.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This right here! I saw to much 4-3 base with 3 WR on the field OMFG!

I think we have an excellent group of linebackers but you just cannot expect that they'll be able to defend the pass as well as a DB. Nowadays it's hard enough to match up a linebacker with an athletic TE, I don't understand the logic in trying to match up a linebacker with a slot WR. That's just an obvious mismatch.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will help the over all speed on the field also. This Defense has looked so slow out there and that's directly caused by running a base 4-3 so often.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rumors are Jones Jr could be traded to the Eagles...

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think you're in the minority there at all. That was my biggest concern going into Sunday and it came true. Wagner, Wright, and Kendricks are great, but Jackson's speed is on another level. They just weren't going to be able to catch up outside with shallow angles.

Watching video, I love the way Diggs plays. No one will even be Earl, but Diggs looks like that kind of player. Fast, low, and a hitter. I'm excited to see what he can do here.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will help the over all speed on the field also. This Defense has looked so slow out there and that's directly caused by running a base 4-3 so often.

That and I think Wagner and Wright has lost a step... They're still very good but they're on the decline imo...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looks like the ball hawk we are missing. I feel like our dbs have missed quite a few potential picks, maybe he will turn it around for us in that aspect.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you're in the minority there at all. That was my biggest concern going into Sunday and it came true. Wagner, Wright, and Kendricks are great, but Jackson's speed is on another level. They just weren't going to be able to catch up outside with shallow angles.

Watching video, I love the way Diggs plays. No one will even be Earl, but Diggs looks like that kind of player. Fast, low, and a hitter. I'm excited to see what he can do here.

Agreed regarding the game plan. I'm the first to say that Bobby Wagner is the best inside linebacker in football and extremely athletic, but I don't think there is a linebacker in football capable of effectively spying Lamar Jackson. Spying a DB wouldn't have solved all of our problems, but I think it would've been easier than having a trio of 240-260lb linebackers trying to catch up to a QB with 4.3 speed who can stop and start on a dime.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That and I think Wagner and Wright has lost a step... They're still very good but they're on the decline imo...

I actually thought I was the only one who felt this way. Wright hasn't been all that impressive and while Wagner has played well, I don't feel like he's impacting the game the way he was in the past. Wright I think is definitely on the decline, but I'm not all that worried about Wagner.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently the move has disrupted our locker room quite a bit and CB Darius Slay could be next.