• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks To "Close The Barn Door Two Years After The Cow Got Out"...

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's nice to know that certain posters still have us in their thoughts even after our season is over

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand. The Patriots don't have a QB of the future, and it hurts.
Garappolo has a better chance of putting up better numbers than Tranny. Thus like you and the other posters, it doesn't matter who QBs the Pats they will continue to win because they will either; cheat, have tge best WRs, TE, Kicker, coach, system... you get the picture. Best bet for Miami to win a division. Follow Seattle's lead and move division/conf.

seafandoghawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the author is reporting water is wet?

If my last name was Carroll, I would be embarrassed.

Am I missing something?
Through his first four years, Wilson has studied defenses from the perspective of the offense. Now he's going to sit down with Carroll through the off-season and study defenses from the defense's perspective.

Think of it as studying defenses with an offensive coordinator vs. studying defenses with a defensive coordinator. The offensive coordinator obviously is looking how to attack defenses. Defensive coordinators are looking at how to attack, disrupt, and limit offenses. Apparently they're not identical educations, and Carroll wants Wilson to know both perspectives rather than just the offensive perspective.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much ado about nothing. It's obvious Russell Wilson is a fine QB, but he's still young and has things he can learn. He's only going to get better.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I told you RW didn't have the heart or determination to get er done. Glad to see that coach Carroll is stepping up to the plate.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I told you RW didn't have the heart or determination to get er done. Glad to see that coach Carroll is stepping up to the plate.
IDK kind of sounds like you could be talking about Romo, he hasn't got it done yet and the clock is ticking.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's soft and I've never liked him. I was more a Quincy Carter guy. That guy could straight ball.

Too bad he couldn't make a read progression to save his fvcking life.

Got to actually watch Quincy play in person once.

Good to see any shred of credibility you might have had is now gone.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We're you close enough to smell his greatness?

(If the answer is"no". Then lie to me so I think you're cool.)

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like a fart in the wind, it went over your pointed head.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks 'to school' Russell Wilson on NFL defenses

Damn. Kind of obvious. Why do they announce this stuff?

Pete Carroll wants to ensure the growth continues for his Pro Bowl quarterback, so will test Wilson on defense this offseason.
"Russell and I talked about this last night," Carroll said this week, via ESPN.com. "I think this is really the right time to really turn his focus and broaden his awareness of what is going on in the game overall. And so he and I will spend a lot of time this offseason introducing him to the perspective of what it's like to look at the defense from the defensive side of the ball. I want him to learn and understand what is going on schematically, rotation-wise, fits-wise even more than he knows now."
Carroll said the plan is for safety Earl Thomas to do the inverse and study offense more this offseason.
"We are going to school, and it will be a tremendous offseason for those guys," Carroll said. "And they are ready for that."
Wilson noted Monday that he needs improve the mental part of his game.
"I think the first step is the knowledge," Wilson said Monday. "You want to continue to grow intellectually and master that part of it. Continue to work on that craft. I think that when you really mentally grasp the game of football, the game really, really slows down. And that's what was able to happen this year especially."
When compared to future Hall of Famers like Tom Brady and Peyton Manning, Wilson knows he can make improvements in pre-snap reads and understanding what defenses are trying to disguise.

Added Carroll: "There's a difference in looking at it for what the offense needs to know and from what the defense is doing. I want them to understand the other side in even greater depth. ... You can only take in so much. We wouldn't want to water down the process by trying to do too much, but I think it's time now."
When the Seahawks get done with their summer schooling, they could be even more dangerous, which is a petrifying thought for the rest of the NFL.

"We're still young. We're still really, really young," Wilson said. "That's a scary thing."

why is this newsworthy??

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams' offense may suck donkey balls... But the Rams D-line is ALL UP in Russell's head!!

:heh:

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's smart from a PR perspective. You will always have media and public dissecting every little thing you do, and potentially distorting the message in order to garner more clicks.

To some people, this is pretty much "whatever, good QB's work hard to improve every year." But to others, it's "whooOOOOO! Trouble in paradise! Carroll basically said RW sucked this year, needs to get his act together!"

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand. The Patriots don't have a QB of the future, and it hurts.

I don't want to get all up in the middle of this QB studying film circle jerk, but I'll take Jimmy G on the Rams right now. lol

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carroll basically said RW sucked this year, needs to get his act together!"

you can sometimes be a pretty funny poster. Can't tell if this isnt' one of those times, or your deadpan is just that good.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To some people, this is pretty much "whatever, good QB's work hard to improve every year." But to others, it's "whooOOOOO! Trouble in paradise! Carroll basically said RW sucked this year, needs to get his act together!"

That 2nd group of folks will always find some reason to complain.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can sometimes be a pretty funny poster. Can't tell if this isnt' one of those times, or your deadpan is just that good.
Nah, wasn't trying to be funny...I was saying you are going to get people who will twist it into that type of a statement