• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks players need to learn some class

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it's really not. I'm not getting on a Seahawk player, I hate taunting, period. If a 49er player did it, I would be just as critical. I don't like it and think it's classless. To me , you look way better when you score and drop the ball like it ain't shit. No big deal, I just scored, whoopty do.

I agree. PC should show Tate highlights of Barry Sanders. Score a TD, hand the ball to the ref, go off the field and have a Gatorade.

Tate made the TD too close for comfort. Waving, strutting near the sidelines, one hand on the ball and a defender not that far back.

I like a Billy White Shoes Johnson celebration but Tate was acting like a punk there.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys did catch my last sentence where I said like Pete in the NFL and his emotions, right?

But the dude does have this arrogance about him that makes him come off as a dick sometimes. Yes, sometimes that emotions and passion comes off the wrong way to people but that is only because of the type of person Pete is...arrogant.

I don't know, I just disagree. I never really understood the dislike towards Pete Carroll, even going back to his college days and I'm someone who calls people out on that shit. I don't really see arrogance from him.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate the show boating. as for Pete.... He kind of acts like I do, a typical Seahawkls fan. Seahawks make a winning play,he's as excited as I am.. Never understood why posters feel like he should show no emotion.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is PC just as bad? He got excited because the Hawks won on the last play of the game?

That qualifies as just as bad as a poor sport Harbaugh who wouldn't even shake his own brother's hand after the SB + a laundry list of other dick moves.

PC is a cool guy that's passionate about the game. He lives vicariously through his players. That's obvious but comparing him to Harblow? :L

Yeah but your knocking Harbaugh for his intenseness which is really just his competitive fire which is the exact thing Pete Carroll is doing just opposite end of the spectrum. He lets his passion out and that is why he celebrates like he won the lotto after every good play.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys did catch my last sentence where I said like Pete in the NFL and his emotions, right?

But the dude does have this arrogance about him that makes him come off as a dick sometimes. Yes, sometimes that emotions and passion comes off the wrong way to people but that is only because of the type of person Pete is...arrogant.

You have an obvious problem with confident men. You're intimidated, huh? Seriously, why get uptight over a coach who is having fun and living vicariously through the men he is trying to edify and reach the pinnacle of his profession? :L

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle is like the bad boy pistons that's how you guys play. Thats your swagger.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Tate wasn't the only receiver on the team right now that could make a play, I think he would have gotten more than a talking-to there. I don't like stupid, avoidable penalties and I really don't like them in a close game. Also, as Ospreys pointed out... when you taunt like that, you leave yourself open to making a mistake and not even scoring the touchdown. I get that people want to jump on the whole classlessness of it and I agree that it was, but there are many aspects of that penalty that can hurt worse than just making yourself and your team look classless.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but your knocking Harbaugh for his intenseness which is really just his competitive fire which is the exact thing Pete Carroll is doing just opposite end of the spectrum. He lets his passion out and that is why he celebrates like he won the lotto after every good play.

C'mon, he didn't have the class to go congratulate his brother post SB nor talk to him for sometime afterwards?

Really? You chalk that up to intenseness? Really? That's called a poor sport in my house and isn't tolerated.

You can have competitive fire and not act like an 8 yo. I guess ice hockey teaches you how to be a good sport. Kill each other on the ice but have the dignity to shake hands post-game, look your opponent in the eye with a "good game" handshake.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know, I just disagree. I never really understood the dislike towards Pete Carroll, even going back to his college days and I'm someone who calls people out on that shit. I don't really see arrogance from him.

:agree: I also have never seen anything from Carroll that should bring out this reaction from people. I've seen a lot of games and interview (even at USC) and I just don't see it. It's more like people want to see it than it actually being there.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree he is a dick and as much as Seahawks fans talk about Harbaugh and his antics Pete is just as bad, But last year against the Packers you got to look at the context. Home monday night you throw up the ball which shouldnt have been called a catch and some how you come out winning the game Im sure all coaches and players would kinda lose their cool in that situation.

Pete's just one of us. Get out of here with your "I hate Pete" he's a dough bag crap. Pete just wants a Seahawks win. Same as the fans, we like seeing him happy, when things go our way. Don't even get me started on Harbaugh.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon, he didn't have the class to go congratulate his brother post SB nor talk to him for sometime afterwards?

Really? You chalk that up to intenseness? Really? That's called a poor sport in my house and isn't tolerated.

You can have competitive fire and not act like an 8 yo. I guess ice hockey teaches you how to be a good sport. Kill each other on the ice but have the dignity to shake hands post-game, look your opponent in the eye with a "good game" handshake.

Maybe I dont know because I dont have a brother... But if I did and he beat me at stuff I wouldnt be too happy either. Im not going to lie there are times that he seems like a spoiled child that is overreacting because he doesnt get his way. Same as PC acts like a egotistical prick. Maybe its just part of being a Head Coach.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree: People don't like the way he chews gum, for "pete's" sake. People don't like his energy level. People don't like his passion for his players. When you hear his interviews, he's a standup guy. He grew up as the underdog. He was like the Rudy of his football team. No talent but all heart. I have always had a respect for Pete's dream and goal to be involved in football when his aptitude was a salesman.

If you people would peel one layer of the Carroll onion back, you'd have a bit more admiration from where he started to where he is now.

Harblow on the other hand road the coattails of his Father and was a silver spoon punk from jumpstreet. Amazing John didn't turn out like Jim.

EducAsian69

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People need to just chill out. I will happily take the good with the bad when it comes to Golden Tate. Whether you like it or not, Tate is our best play maker at the receiver position, until Harvin comes back at least. The taunt tonight was a bit much, but Tate always seems to make that one crucial play each game to give us that momentum boost that we need. It was a great catch and play tonight, and he got caught up in the moment. He should probably cut down on these ridiculous taunts, but as long as we are winning then I don't mind letting him have his fun. Let's not be so up-tight.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People need to just chill out. I will happily take the good with the bad when it comes to Golden Tate. Whether you like it or not, Tate is our best play maker at the receiver position, until Harvin comes back at least. The taunt tonight was a bit much, but Tate always seems to make that one crucial play each game to give us that momentum boost that we need. It was a great catch and play tonight, and he got caught up in the moment. He should probably cut down on these ridiculous taunts, but as long as we are winning then I don't mind letting him have his fun. Let's not be so up-tight.

For me it had more to do with our inept offense, I was just yelling at him to get in the f'n endzone.

We get one big play for a TD and Tate causes us 15yds in a close game... against a good team that will kill us.

p.s. that was an insane catch by Tate....

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like I said before, the problems I have with it are that he could have lost the ball because he was too busy yapping at Jenkins and, in a close game, you can't give your opponent any free opportunities to hurt you. A 15-yard penalty on a kick-off with a kick returner capable of taking one the distance is a horrible penalty and it was completely unnecessary. I love the good that we get from Tate, but I could do without the bad. He's been in the league for a few years now... he should know that that crap doesn't fly with the officials and it hurts the team.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PC is not a dick.

If anything he is a cocky asshole with arrogance oozing out of his pores and he most likely went over to Tate and said, you the man but don't get us penalties.

His coaching style is 100% positive reinforcement, he does not chastise his players.

EducAsian69

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said before, the problems I have with it are that he could have lost the ball because he was too busy yapping at Jenkins and, in a close game, you can't give your opponent any free opportunities to hurt you. A 15-yard penalty on a kick-off with a kick returner capable of taking one the distance is a horrible penalty and it was completely unnecessary. I love the good that we get from Tate, but I could do without the bad. He's been in the league for a few years now... he should know that that crap doesn't fly with the officials and it hurts the team.

Yes, I completely agree. Tate's taunt would have gotten a lot more negative attention had we lost this game. But, as long as we keep on winning, I don't mind his taunting too much. It may take an incidence where Tate costs us a game by a taunting penalty for him to finally cut that crap out, but until that happens, let's just hope that doesn't happen.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PC is not a dick.

If anything he is a cocky asshole with arrogance oozing out of his pores and he most likely went over to Tate and said, you the man but don't get us penalties.

His coaching style is 100% positive reinforcement, he does not chastise his players.

Still hurting from that 50 point whooping USC put on you guys all those years back, huh?

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I completely agree. Tate's taunt would have gotten a lot more negative attention had we lost this game. But, as long as we keep on winning, I don't mind his taunting too much. It may take an incidence where Tate costs us a game by a taunting penalty for him to finally cut that crap out, but until that happens, let's just hope that doesn't happen.

Well he should have learned from when Rice was called for taunting doing his ball spin at the feet of an opponent, but hopefully this will teach him not to do it the same way that that penalty on Rice got him to stop doing his ball spin near an opposing player.