• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks players need to learn some class

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously I'm a huge Seahawks fan and before coming to sportshoopla posted on CBS since 2006 so I'm not trying to hate on the team.

I just cannot stand when Golden Tate acts like complete gutter trash when he scores a touchdown. Seriously, it is a reflection on the entire Seahawks organization. I don't want everyone picturing Golden Tate taunting opposing players as he goes into the endzone for a touchdown, or Marshawn Lynch nearly stopping at the goal line as he goes into the endzone. These guys need to act like professionals, Golden Tate made an incredible catch and run but completely ruined it by waving at the Rams DBs. I mean come on dude, you made a great play but you're not Randy Moss and you make the entire team look bad when you do that.

Pete Carroll needs to clean this stuff up, it is a poor reflection on the organization and makes everyone look bad.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously I'm a huge Seahawks fan and before coming to sportshoopla posted on CBS since 2006 so I'm not trying to hate on the team.

I just cannot stand when Golden Tate acts like complete gutter trash when he scores a touchdown. Seriously, it is a reflection on the entire Seahawks organization. I don't want everyone picturing Golden Tate taunting opposing players as he goes into the endzone for a touchdown, or Marshawn Lynch nearly stopping at the goal line as he goes into the endzone. These guys need to act like professionals, Golden Tate made an incredible catch and run but completely ruined it by waving at the Rams DBs. I mean come on dude, you made a great play but you're not Randy Moss and you make the entire team look bad when you do that.

Pete Carroll needs to clean this stuff up, it is a poor reflection on the organization and makes everyone look bad.

Carroll did go to Tate right after Tate sat down,i am sure it was a heat of the moment thing.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taunting is a bullshit penalty, though.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it was a hell of a play. He bailed Russell Wilson out of a bad pick, too.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really a big fan of his antics the last couple of games. 2 weeks ago during the AZ game on the should've been non-called punt return and tonight's taunting was ridiculous. You're in the NFL, act like you've been there before.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carroll did go to Tate right after Tate sat down,i am sure it was a heat of the moment thing.

Carroll went up to Tate right after the score and you can tell Tate practically ignored him.

Tate obviously does not care.

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tate apologized on "the 5th quarter" on King5 and said he needs to act like he has been there, so at least he did own up to it, but it was terrible sportsmanship at the time and he should have known better.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta add my 2 cents. They learn it from their head coach. Pete carroll is a arrogant prick who celebrates on the sidelines like he just won the SB with every victory. I will never forget his celebration last year in that Green Bay situation. Dude was jumping up and down all over the field.

Now, I will say, I love PC in the NFL because I love that emotion...but don't kid yourselves, Pete is a dick.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta add my 2 cents. They learn it from their head coach. Pete carroll is a arrogant prick who celebrates on the sidelines like he just won the SB with every victory. I will never forget his celebration last year in that Green Bay situation. Dude was jumping up and down all over the field.

Now, I will say, I love PC in the NFL because I love that emotion...but don't kid yourselves, Pete is a dick.

I agree he is a dick and as much as Seahawks fans talk about Harbaugh and his antics Pete is just as bad, But last year against the Packers you got to look at the context. Home monday night you throw up the ball which shouldnt have been called a catch and some how you come out winning the game Im sure all coaches and players would kinda lose their cool in that situation.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is a difference between showing emotion on your sideline and taunting other players in the middle of a play, right in their face.

Regardless of what you thought about the Green Bay catch/no catch Carroll obviously believed Tate caught the ball.

Now if you're the head coach and you believe your player just caught a hail mary pass on the last play of the game to win it on monday night football, I think it makes sense to celebrate like that.

You can think Pete is a dick but I don't think his sideline celebrations make him one. Not like he is in the face of opposing players.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's flat out bullshit. I don't see Baldwin, Wilson, Rice or Miller doing the same thing. Tate has always been like this... even in college.

Pete is a dick because he is passionate?

Last edited by a moderator:

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tate apologized on "the 5th quarter" on King5 and said he needs to act like he has been there, so at least he did own up to it, but it was terrible sportsmanship at the time and he should have known better.

Good of him to apologize.

That being said I take it with a grain of salt. It likely won't be the last time he does something completely classless after a big play.

I mean if you're going to celebrate, at least wait until the play is over...

Reminds me of when Leon Washington started celebrating on a punt return and got tripped up and fell down at the 1 yard line.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd be worried about Chip Kelly and your Eagles. An Offensive guru whose Eagles haven't scored a TD in 2 straight games against the Cowboys or Giants. :laugh3:

Oregon looks better without Chip and the Eagles look worse with Chip. Heck, even Mikey douche bag Miss finally agreed that the Eagles are one of the worst NFL teams.

PC shows college emotion on the sidelines and opposing fans have a hard time dealing with his passion. I get it.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taunting is a bullshit penalty, though.

No it's really not. I'm not getting on a Seahawk player, I hate taunting, period. If a 49er player did it, I would be just as critical. I don't like it and think it's classless. To me , you look way better when you score and drop the ball like it ain't shit. No big deal, I just scored, whoopty do.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree he is a dick and as much as Seahawks fans talk about Harbaugh and his antics Pete is just as bad, But last year against the Packers you got to look at the context. Home monday night you throw up the ball which shouldnt have been called a catch and some how you come out winning the game Im sure all coaches and players would kinda lose their cool in that situation.

How is PC just as bad? He got excited because the Hawks won on the last play of the game?

That qualifies as just as bad as a poor sport Harbaugh who wouldn't even shake his own brother's hand after the SB + a laundry list of other dick moves.

PC is a cool guy that's passionate about the game. He lives vicariously through his players. That's obvious but comparing him to Harblow? :L

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it's really not. I'm not getting on a Seahawk player, I hate taunting, period. If a 49er player did it, I would be just as critical. I don't like it and think it's classless. To me , you look way better when you score and drop the ball like it ain't shit. No big deal, I just scored, whoopty do.

Completely agree. Who looks more like a bad ass; Tate taunting as he catches a 80 yd TD or Calvin Johnson catching his 3rd TD of the game and giving the ball to the ref.........

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys did catch my last sentence where I said like Pete in the NFL and his emotions, right?

But the dude does have this arrogance about him that makes him come off as a dick sometimes. Yes, sometimes that emotions and passion comes off the wrong way to people but that is only because of the type of person Pete is...arrogant.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed.

And I have a natural tendency to disagree with 49ers fans.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys did catch my last sentence where I said like Pete in the NFL and his emotions, right?

But the dude does have this arrogance about him that makes him come off as a dick sometimes. Yes, sometimes that emotions and passion comes off the wrong way to people but that is only because of the type of person Pete is...arrogant.

The emotion and passion only pisses people off when he is winning.