• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks players need to learn some class

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone on the radio just had a good point:

How is stuff like that different from sack dances?

I get being upset about it. It drew a big penalty that led to 3 points and that is unacceptable.

It's just weird how some brash acts are totally fine with everyone and some are labeled completely as disgusting acts.

Those sack dances generally don't draw a penalty because they're not directed at the opponent. They're done facing the crowd or at least away from the play and aren't directed at anyone on the other side. I don't like the sack dances or the first down pointing or anything like that either, but as long as we don't get flagged for it, I can live with it.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those sack dances generally don't draw a penalty because they're not directed at the opponent. They're done facing the crowd or at least away from the play and aren't directed at anyone on the other side. I don't like the sack dances or the first down pointing or anything like that either, but as long as we don't get flagged for it, I can live with it.

I agree, the only thing I care is about flags.

I just dont see much difference in the bravado represented by the two different acts.

The only reason that Tate was wrong was because it drew a flag and he should have known that it would The act itself was completely harmless and almost understandable if Jenkins was being a punk like last week.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just dont see much difference in the bravado represented by the two different acts.

The only reason that Tate was wrong was because it drew a flag and he should have known that it would The act itself was completely harmless and almost understandable if Jenkins was being a punk like last week.

I disagree that the act was harmless, because it drew a flag. The sack dances and first down pointings are harmless because they're not directed towards the opponent, so they don't draw flags, but this drew a flag, so it can't be harmless. The act here was pointing at an opponent and making the "keep talking" gesture specifically towards him. It doesn't matter if he had a good reason to be showing up the opponent, he knew that doing so would draw a penalty and did it anyway.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Jenkins was being a punk, then Tate needs to rise above it and show he's the better player. I agree the act is harmless but he needs to realize that something like this could have costed the Seahawks a victory. Look at some of the dumb stuff around the NFL that has costed teams wins. I'm glad he apologized and I hope he learns from this and moves forward being a smarter player.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sack dances are a celebration for a good individual performance. I have no problem with them because sacks are hard to get and its not as if these DEs get to do too many TD celebrations. The first down pointing though is a little stupid. "Oh boy, I got us a touchdown, celebration time!" The only team that should be celebrating first downs is Jacksonville.

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sack dances are a celebration for a good individual performance. I have no problem with them because sacks are hard to get and its not as if these DEs get to do too many TD celebrations. The first down pointing though is a little stupid. "Oh boy, I got us a touchdown, celebration time!" The only team that should be celebrating first downs is Jacksonville.

I don't think I would have been upset to see a first down celebration on Monday night, since we barely made any of them! :lol:

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously.

It was a bone headed move but it's really not that big of a deal. Settle down everyone.

You're right..in this isolated instance it was not that big a deal. But Tate is this way all the time. Remember Freddie Mitchell from the Eagles? It was like every first down was a game winning TD for the guy. Tate is Freddie Mitchell the 2nd.

When is the last time you saw Calvin Johnson taunt? AJ Green? Even Dez Bryant? Maybe I am old school. I am not a fan of celebrating doing nothing. Like a d lineman making a tackle at the line of scrimmage then running 10 yards down field and celebrating. Scoring a TD, and INT, Sack.. ok go for it, but on routine plays that is a joke.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe but without Tate making a hell of an adjustment it was still getting intercepted. Him falling down wasn't enough. Tate had to still win that ball.

If Tate doesn't make the catch, it falls harmlessly to the ground. Watch the replay again. Jenkins is falling down and the ball is over his head. He wasn't intercepting it... he wasn't even gonna touch it. Tate basically caught a pass without a defender.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously I'm a huge Seahawks fan and before coming to sportshoopla posted on CBS since 2006 so I'm not trying to hate on the team.

I just cannot stand when Golden Tate acts like complete gutter trash when he scores a touchdown. Seriously, it is a reflection on the entire Seahawks organization. I don't want everyone picturing Golden Tate taunting opposing players as he goes into the endzone for a touchdown, or Marshawn Lynch nearly stopping at the goal line as he goes into the endzone. These guys need to act like professionals, Golden Tate made an incredible catch and run but completely ruined it by waving at the Rams DBs. I mean come on dude, you made a great play but you're not Randy Moss and you make the entire team look bad when you do that.

Pete Carroll needs to clean this stuff up, it is a poor reflection on the organization and makes everyone look bad.

I agree that all of what you mention is BS and makes us look bad to the rest of the country.

Problem is we have to accept the bad with the good when it comes to Carroll. He has built one of the best teams in the country in a very short period of time. His style is working very well, however his friendly and upbeat persona is not only producing a great place for his team to learn to excel, it is also leaving the team with lots of discipline problems.

I guess to me you have to ask yourself if you want a team you can respect that is 3rd best in your division or a team that kicks ass and has a viable chance to go somewhere, but also has PED issues, lots of very stupid penalties every week, showboating and dumb stuff on the field, and a reputation of being trash talking low class players?

I'm not sure you can have both the winning and the rest of what you want with this specific staff.

If we were still middle of the road and having the same issues I'd say fire Carroll and find someone who can restore our reputation. Winning makes accepting the other stuff you hate a whole lot more palatable.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Tate doesn't make the catch, it falls harmlessly to the ground. Watch the replay again. Jenkins is falling down and the ball is over his head. He wasn't intercepting it... he wasn't even gonna touch it. Tate basically caught a pass without a defender.

I watched again and it was higher than I thought, but I still think he was in position to make a grab if Tate didn't take it away. Either way the throw was awful.