• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks Land Pryor via trade.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think guys like him need to realize they could have a successful and very good career if they choose to switch positions. If he ends up being a great tight end, just like Tebow could have been, they would have a massive fan base. Look at Tony Gonzalez, Gronk, and Jimmy Graham. They earn good money and are cornerstones of the offense.

That list might just be down to Graham now with Gonzalez retiring and Gronkowski getting hurt and missing big chunks of time over the past couple of years.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think guys like him need to realize they could have a successful and very good career if they choose to switch positions. If he ends up being a great tight end, just like Tebow could have been, they would have a massive fan base. Look at Tony Gonzalez, Gronk, and Jimmy Graham. They earn good money and are cornerstones of the offense.

The transition must be tough though. You've been playing QB for your whole life, now you have to alter your skillset to blocking and catching at a professional level?

I think his chances of becoming a great QB are better than his chances of becoming a great TE.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read that they might use him as a corner-back or a receiver…. The possibility is there for other positions because of his athleticism… Very interesting to see how this play's out…

QB is the most protected position in the league and he got significantly banged up there. I have a hard time seeing any realistic shot of him moving elsewhere.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The transition must be tough though. You've been playing QB for your whole life, now you have to alter your skillset to blocking and catching at a professional level?

I think his chances of becoming a great QB are better than his chances of becoming a great TE.

That's a great point. If a position change is in order for Pryor, it'll take time for him just to get used to playing the new position and even more time to get good at it. He'll likely have to put more work into learning that new position than he ever would have had to put into improving as a quarterback. Luckily for him, if that new position is receiver or tight end or even fullback, he'll have Wilson working with him and Wilson won't let him slack off or put less than his full effort into whichever position he's playing.

As far as which position he's likely to move to if he does move, I do think it's more likely to be somewhere on the offense than on the defense. I know that corner is a position that has been thrown around as a possibility since the news broke, but I think he'd have an easier time transitioning to the receiver/tight end or fullback position than he would have transitioning to corner or safety or even linebacker.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB is the most protected position in the league and he got significantly banged up there. I have a hard time seeing any realistic shot of him moving elsewhere.

I agree. I think this is just the Seahawks creating competition for the backup QB position. His playing style suits the offensive schemes this team runs well. He's a freak of athletic nature. But even he couldn't handle "Operation Run for your Life" aka being a Raiders QB. Maybe his athleticism could be utilized on some trick plays, etc... but I can't see this as a move to transition him to a WR role. Nope. He'll compete to be the Seahawks 2014 backup QB. That will be his primary task.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he beats out Jackson. Durability could be a concern but I have to think if they gave up even a low pick for him that that won't disqualify him from the role.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he beats out Jackson. Durability could be a concern but I have to think if they gave up even a low pick for him that that won't disqualify him from the role.

His injury in 2013 was a sprained MCL. So it wasn't a tear. He should be fine, unless their is more to it than we know about. He's a massive upgrade to Jackson when it comes to athleticism. Jackson is well liked on this team, but still, the Seahawks are about competition at all spots, even the backup QB position. Everything is a quest to get the most bang for your buck with this roster.

I think the Raiders plan to take Bortles or Carr in the draft and they simply wanted to get this done before draft day. Schaub is not going to be their longterm answer.

DonyellFreak

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about using him in a punt and/or kick returner role?
I don't know about using Harvin there on a consistent basis and with Tate gone our other options are hardly dynamic (Turbin is more of a straight forward into the pile type). Maybe Pryor could provide some value there?