• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks Land Pryor via trade.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a pretty good move on Seattle's part. Many options to go with, but the one I could see Pryor running effectively could be him in the backfield run a play action and RW hits Pryor on a 5 yd out and let his speed take over. This could work out.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta Love JS/PC. 7th Rnd pick for a very athletic, fast guy who can also play QB. There will probably not be anyone available that late in the draft with his skillset.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think pryor will open the up the playbook for trick plays. I can imagine terrelle pryor being used for his sprinter speed like how cam newton and kapernick does when they have the ball going up field. definitely see some more wild cat plays coming

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems as though we were in a bidding war with SF for Pryor though? This move confuses me

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised at this move and not sure what the Seahawks have in mind here. I don't see him beating out TJ, but who knows. Maybe just a move to block the 49ers, who also were looking to sign him.

DonyellFreak

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Renton, Wash. - The Seattle Seahawks have acquired quarterback Terrelle Pryor from the Oakland Raiders in exchange for a 2014 seventh-round draft pick, the team announced this afternoon.

“Terrelle is an incredibly explosive athlete and we’re excited for him to come in and compete,” said John Schneider, Seahawks executive vice president of football operations and general manager.

Seahawks Trade for Quarterback Terrelle Pryor

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
T Peezy!

I love the move. He's a solid #3 qb with a possible potential to convert to a WR. The guy is 6'6 and runs a 4.38 40 time.

It's a no risk potential reward type of deal. We'll see what Pete and John have planned for him.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This move doesn't make any sense at all. I'm not saying its good or bad, but why would we want Pryor? The guy wasn't even good enough for the Raiders. I don't want him on my team. Making him a Wide Receiver? Why not go out and trade for an actual WR? I don't know, giving anything at all for Pryor just kind of bums me out.

DonyellFreak

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This move doesn't make any sense at all. I'm not saying its good or bad, but why would we want Pryor? The guy wasn't even good enough for the Raiders. I don't want him on my team. Making him a Wide Receiver? Why not go out and trade for an actual WR? I don't know, giving anything at all for Pryor just kind of bums me out.

:lol:

The last tradable pick in the draft for a freakish athlete is the type of move that helped this team just win a championship. Whether he pans out or not I love that they added talent to the roster.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:

The last tradable pick in the draft for a freakish athlete is the type of move that helped this team just win a championship. Whether he pans out or not I love that they added talent to the roster.

Eh we'll see. I give Pryor a 10% if not less then that chance to succeed and make the roster, but in the meantime he provides competition at the QB position and helps our personnel train against some freak athletic ability and expose weaknesses on D. I'll take that for a 7th rounder. Seattle with their roster isn't putting a 7th rounder on the team (starting) anyway.

For the record, I doubt he would've made San Fran's roster either. Just sounds like an opportunity for Seattle to snatch him up and use him in PS/camp until the season is close to starting.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if tzorn doesn't want him, there's a good chance he'll do something good for the Seahawks. If memory serves, he didn't want Wilson starting at QB and that turned out okay.

If it works, it's another brilliant move for Schneider and Carroll. If it doesn't, it was just a 7th round pick who wasn't guaranteed to make the team anyway.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks 7th Round picks are SB MVPs, so maybe tzorn has a point!

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read that they might use him as a corner-back or a receiver…. The possibility is there for other positions because of his athleticism… Very interesting to see how this play's out…

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read that they might use him as a corner-back or a receiver…. The possibility is there for other positions because of his athleticism… Very interesting to see how this play's out…

Some folks are saying he only wanted to be a QB (like Tebow) but we'll see how it plays out. Oakland he actually had somewhat of a chance of starting where Seattle he doesn't. Maybe he'll be more willing to give a position change a try here.

Either way Tarvaris is getting up there in age (like 32?) so maybe we just have Pryor work hard and he's our future backup signing for $750K-1M every year if he progresses.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if tzorn doesn't want him, there's a good chance he'll do something good for the Seahawks. If memory serves, he didn't want Wilson starting at QB and that turned out okay.

:lol: Your right there. I think the only guy I was right about was Irvin. Admit it, he stinks.

If it works, it's another brilliant move for Schneider and Carroll. If it doesn't, it was just a 7th round pick who wasn't guaranteed to make the team anyway.

True. Its just a confusing pickup if nothing else. We did SF a favor by picking him up. I'm considering this as Pryors first move before his inevitable trip to the Canadian leagues. Sad thing is, he'll be making more then Wilson. Lol.

Ksfnslayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just as if Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, etc. gets hurt they are all in trouble. Not even every team has a solid starting QB, let alone the backups of those teams. This is a moot point because it goes without saying for all 32 teams. Just saying'.

The Rams adapted very well last year with Clemons...in fact he may have been better.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is very interesting, it might not be a bad idea to try Pryor out at other positions. Michael Robinson was a QB at Penn St and he turned out to be an excellent FB. Richard Sherman was a WR converted to DB and look at him now. At 6'6 with his speed, he does fit right in PC/JS scheme as a DB, but this will only work if Pryor is up for a position change which I think would be good for him and a fresh start to his career.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was more talking about if Pryor is the backup.....Not really Jackson
With Pete as HC it would be great if TP beat out TJ. As good as most Hawk fans are with TJ as our backup, it would improve the team if he got beat out in a fair battle in TC.

depraved

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,130.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think guys like him need to realize they could have a successful and very good career if they choose to switch positions. If he ends up being a great tight end, just like Tebow could have been, they would have a massive fan base. Look at Tony Gonzalez, Gronk, and Jimmy Graham. They earn good money and are cornerstones of the offense.