• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks draft candidates

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to CBS these are the guys we should be looking at:

Five players who should be on the Seattle Seahawks' draft radar:
Player, school (overall rating, position rating)
WR Allen Robinson, Penn State (34, 7): Receivers often take longer than most other positions to acclimate to the NFL and the Seahawks remain strong enough at the position to not expect too much from a rookie. During his tenure with the USC Trojans, Carroll frequently supplemented playmaking flankers and slot receivers with a monster split-end. The 6-foot-3, 220 pound Robinson is pro-ready, based on his growth in former Nittany Lions head coach Bill O'Brien's attack and boasts the size, leaping ability and catch radius to be a unique weapon in the red zone.
DE Demarcus Lawrence, Boise State (56, 6): The Seahawks released former starting LEO defensive end Chris Clemons and have Cliff Avril signed for just one more year. Lawrence, who led the Mountain West with 20.5 tackles for loss and 10.5 sacks in 2013, is a gifted pass rusher just scratching the surface of his potential. The 6-foot-3, 251 pounder is earning some first-round buzz and might even be in play for Seattle at No. 32 overall if the Seahawks plan to keep 2012 first round pick Bruce Irvin at linebacker.
OT JaWuan James, Tennessee (53, 8): Seattle received quality play from seventh round offensive tackle Michael Bowie a year ago and may feel confident that he'll take over for Giacomini. James, a four-year starter with the size (6-foot-6, 311) and athleticism to fit in nicely in Tom Cable's scheme, would make a lot of sense if still on the board with the final pick of the second round.
DE Josh Mauro, Stanford (133, 13): By re-signing Tony McDaniel, the Seahawks may have their replacement for Bryant at the five-technique position already on the roster. McDaniel has the size and strength to handle the double-teams that come with this role but the Seahawks may be looking for reinforcements, as well as the grit and toughness Bryant demonstrated in Seattle. At 6-foot-6, 280 pounds, Mauro isn't quite as big as McDaniel or Bryant but he's strong, tough and versatile after lining up virtually all over Stanford's three-man front.
OG Brandon Thomas, Clemson (225, 12): Thomas looked like a potential top 50 selection based on three quality seasons starting for the Tigers and a very impressive week of practice at the Senior Bowl but his draft stock took a massive hit when he tragically tore his ACL during a workout. The Seahawks showed a willingness to gamble on players with injury concerns a year ago, essentially giving "redshirt" seasons to former Alabama defensive tackle Jesse Williams and LSU cornerback Tharold Simon as they recovered from serious leg injuries of their own. With a deep enough roster to do the same in 2014, the Seahawks could turn Thomas' misfortune into yet another day three discovery.

2014 NFL Draft: Seattle Seahawks Spotlight - CBSSports.com

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a watcher of College football because it just isn't a big deal here in Canada. At least not to me. Therefore I don't know any of these guys. So I'll rely on my American Seahawk fans to give me their opinion on this.

One thing I do think is that I'd rather see the team sign Sydney Rice again to a smallish deal and then use that first pick on DE or OLine.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been RAVING about allen robinson talking about how much this man can ball. If he is available we should look at taking him.

now Ill be my own devils advocate this team is built on defense so if were gonna go with a player to add to the D-Line or O-Line I would be fine with that. You dont need an all pro reciever to go to the superbowl and win. Infact other than the colts that had a nasty WR corp was the 2000 rams every team for the most part had a great defense

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The media consensus so far seems to be that we'll go after a receiver with the 32nd pick, so based on their track record of having no clue what the Seahawks are going to do, it'll probably be a defensive lineman or something.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my "target" list right now:

Kyle Van Noy, OLB BYU - Exceptionally gifted, he was the heart and soul (and best playmaker) on a very good BYU defense despite offenses gameplanning specifically for him. He's very intellegent and reads plays very well. Some people love him, some don't. Seen him go as high as 6th on some mocks, and left out of the first in others.

Ra'Shede Hageman, DT Minnesota - Another guy that people can't seem to agree on (as high as #2 and off others), but he's got huge upside. The Hawks could get him to be depth at DT, or use his versatility to have him move to Bryant's vacated spot.

David Yankey, OG Stanford - He's lost a lot of steam, at least on this board, but I still think the Hawks need at least a new starter at OG, if not at tackle as well.

Kareem Martin, DE North Carolina - The Seahawks are always needing depth on the DL, especially with those pass rushers. Keeping players fresh is what makes it possible for the Hawks to get pressure so frequently. He's a little raw, but he's a top notch talent.

Kelvin Benjamin/Allen Robinson/Mike Evans. I would be ok with any of them, but I'm not as sold that the Hawks need to go WR in the first round. The only difference between the WRs this season and what they had last year is that Tate is being replaced by Harvin, and the guys who were further down the depth chart have more experience and grew a great deal.

Really, at 32, it's as much about who's still there as it is about who you like and what you need. One thing is for sure, I don't see Pete challenging everyone to question his genius and drafting Chris Boswell at #32. But, since I've said that, I guess Hauschka will need to prepare for some competition in traing camp.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calling my shot. Timmy Jernigan. DT FSU.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There should be a way to put in some V-Cash in a pool to see which one of us Seahawks fans picks the first round correctly.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There should be a way to put in some V-Cash in a pool to see which one of us Seahawks fans picks the first round correctly.

Could be fun.

(could you explain to me vcash? Ive seen it mentioned before and i see i have 500) (also I just googled SportsHoopla and vcash and didn't get any "this is what vcash is" lol)

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
v-cash is used to post "friendly" bets throught the v-bookie tab near the top of the page. By using the tab, you will be given different events to bet on.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
v-cash is used to post "friendly" bets throught the v-bookie tab near the top of the page. By using the tab, you will be given different events to bet on.

Thanks!

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
As much as Seattle needs offensive linemen, the one guy I absolutely do not want to see in Seattle is Ohio State linebacker Ryan Shazier. If I had to pick 4 guys I think had the best chance of being in the hall of fame one day out of this draft, Shazier would be one of 'em.