• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks 2022 draft- news, prospects

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I’m hearing just rumors about us trading DK, would you guys be down for that if it’s a good return ? He’s gonna want HUGE dollars soon, and as much as I like him, I don’t think he’s elite as a pass catcher, physical freak for sure, I’d prefer he stay’s, but at the same time man, he’s gonna take up a big chunk of cap soon …

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I’m hearing just rumors about us trading DK, would you guys be down for that if it’s a good return ? He’s gonna want HUGE dollars soon, and as much as I like him, I don’t think he’s elite as a pass catcher, physical freak for sure, I’d prefer he stay’s, but at the same time man, he’s gonna take up a big chunk of cap soon …
I think they make every effort to resign him. If that doesn't appear possible ( either because he wants to test the market or just hates the QB situation) then try to trade him to team likely to end up with a top 5 pick next season, so Lions, Falcons, Jets, Jags, So next years first plus plus. The plus plus part could be negotiable/flexible, getting a top 5 pick in 2023 is not..

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In hearing Seattle is serious about drafting a corner with there top pick …. Ahmad ( Sauce) Gardner

I don't know if boogie has seen anything more "official", but the Seahawks have visited/interviewed him, and I've seen a few mocks that have going Gardner to Seattle.
Yeah I have heard some pick one of the two lock down corners in this draft for the Seahawks. Be breaking new ground for the Seahawks as they usually feel drafting a corner in round 1 is not necessary. One of the reason for picking a corner is that the top Tackles in the draft profile better at RT in the pros and Cross is under sized for the position and has poor metrics for speed and quickness, he's better at pass blocking as he's good at mirroring pass rushers, but the concern is at the pro level he will be meet pass rushers that can bull rush him or beat him with speed and his run blocking isn't impressive even in college. I'd rather see the Seahawks take a pass rusher then a corner though.

Won't happen.

Both of the New York Teams like him as well

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won't happen.

Both of the New York Teams like him as well

Yeah he might not make it to 9 … Draft always has some unpredictability though, be fun to watch, it’s been a while since we’ve had a top 10 pick!

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saints traded with the eagles and now have two firsts in the top 20, maybe for a qb trade up? I could see them trading up to pick before us if thats the case

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loving this Trevor Penning... We could trade down a few spots and still possibly land him... He would fit our physical presence running the ball to a "T"...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets just offered us our number 10 first round pick. back for DK … Seattle turned it down …

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets just offered us our number 10 first round pick. back for DK … Seattle turned it down …

That's good. He'll still have a ton of value after this season and fetch something similar with his age, assuming Seattle wants to trade him. Yes his production might drop a bit but every team will know that's because Wilson is gone. And, 10th overall? The 2022 class isn't THAT great. Lots of DL talent, some decent corner talent, but compared to the 2023 class it's just not as good. I mean late 2nd returning a top 10 pick... that's great value, but I'm willing to bet we can even get more for him in 2023's superior class.

But for a young QB coming into this team (whether that's Lock or we draft someone) it's a pretty good situation if we can draft an OT with #9 overall or Duane Brown comes back.

I mean pending health having weapons like Penny, Lockett, Metcalf, Fant, Eskridge.... that's a pretty good set of weapons. I know the OL needs some work but they got Blythe who should be an upgrade.... The guard situation is okay... and I think Stone Forsythe should get a shot, he was doing great in pass protection last year and that was one of his strengths out of College. He's got great hand size and decent arm length.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets would need to give Seattle more than what they got for Adams for DK.

Eh, I'd say on par. Adams was one of the highest ranked safeties in the league with the Jets and was very young as well. Yes we gave up two 1st rounders but those were BOTH expected to be LATE picks (and this years would've been if Wilson didn't get injured and came back still not 100%). Two late 1st round picks is about the same as #10.... and a future 1st round pick generally has value of a 2nd rounder (one round later).

I would think it'd be equal value or something equivalent to what Adams got (1st and 2nd this year is like a 1st and 1st next year - but again the Raiders are expected to be picking late). That said, since our roster is going to be CHEAP AS HELL in 2 years, just keep him. I assume we're drafting a QB at some point so now you're cheap there.... Everyone they signed is basically on a 2 year contract or can be cut at any point... Lockett's contract will go away....

Just re-sign Metcalf for $25M a year and call it a day. If someone offers some package like Wilson (just the picks), then pull the trigger as it's a no brainer. Wide receivers are generally not TOO hard to find in free agency. Good OTs, cheap/younger EDGE rushers and QB (all of which Seattle needs) are the hard ones to find. That's why I'll be annoyed if a decent OT or EDGE rusher is at #9 and we take a fuckin' CB.

Last edited:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, I'd say on par. Adams was one of the highest ranked safeties in the league with the Jets and was very young as well. Yes we gave up two 1st rounders but those were BOTH expected to be LATE picks (and this years would've been if Wilson didn't get injured and came back still not 100%). Two late 1st round picks is about the same as #10.... and a future 1st round pick generally has value of a 2nd rounder (one round later).

I would think it'd be equal value or something equivalent to what Adams got (1st and 2nd this year is like a 1st and 1st next year - but again the Raiders are expected to be picking late). That said, since our roster is going to be CHEAP AS HELL in 2 years, just keep him. I assume we're drafting a QB at some point so now you're cheap there.... Everyone they signed is basically on a 2 year contract or can be cut at any point... Lockett's contract will go away....

Just re-sign Metcalf for $25M a year and call it a day. If someone offers some package like Wilson (just the picks), then pull the trigger as it's a no brainer. Wide receivers are generally not TOO hard to find in free agency. Good OTs, cheap/younger EDGE rushers and QB (all of which Seattle needs) are the hard ones to find. That's why I'll be annoyed if a decent OT or EDGE rusher is at #9 and we take a fuckin' CB.

Adams has had 2 good years Metcalf has never had a bad one. lol

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adams has had 2 good years Metcalf has never had a bad one. lol

Well yes, but his 2 good years were on 3 total.... on a complete shit team whereas Metcalf had a HOF QB throwing his way. And Metcalf's rookie season was DECENT, but it wasn't earth shattering by any stretch. According to PFF DK and Jamal were very close to grades in their rookie years.

Jamal Adams was basically the best safety in the league the last 2 years with the Jets. DK Metcalf has been great, but nowhere close to the best receiver. The potential is there for sure... but still.

I mean in hindsight Jamal Adams has been terrible and I dunno why Seattle can't figure out how to use him like the Jets did where he thrived.... but yah, saying Metcalf should get more than Jamal Adams is something I disagree with.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well yes, but his 2 good years were on 3 total.... on a complete shit team whereas Metcalf had a HOF QB throwing his way. And Metcalf's rookie season was DECENT, but it wasn't earth shattering by any stretch. According to PFF DK and Jamal were very close to grades in their rookie years.

Jamal Adams was basically the best safety in the league the last 2 years with the Jets. DK Metcalf has been great, but nowhere close to the best receiver. The potential is there for sure... but still.

I mean in hindsight Jamal Adams has been terrible and I dunno why Seattle can't figure out how to use him like the Jets did where he thrived.... but yah, saying Metcalf should get more than Jamal Adams is something I disagree with.
Great summary of how I feel as well... It's obvious that Adams superstar talent was there, which is why he thrived on the Jets... Outside of his first year here, coaching staff didn't play to his strengths... It would be like trading Metcalf to the Jets and then the Jets moving him to the slot position - that's not where his strength lies... He wouldn't be as productive in the slot... I feel that's kind of what Seattle has done w/ J. Adams because he didn't just forget how to play over night... I blame the coaching staff for his lack of productivity last season... Coaches are supposed to put their players in a position to succeed - especially your top talent..

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam was used as a extra pass rusher for the Jets. It worked as long as teams offense weren't prepared for that, but once they planned for him to pass rush the defense was screwed as it leaves a big gap in the pass defense. So teams would be prepared one of several ways:
1) Having a TE or RB assigned to block him, thus being able to exploit the big hole in the secondary
2) Having a receiver ready for a quick pass and a route designed to have him open quickly, then hoping for YAC.

It's actually a unsound approach to use a safety to pass rush as it leaves the defense short handed in pass defense and only works if the safety can sack the QB. Seahawks tried compensating by dropping a DL into pass defense but that doesn't work to well either.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam was used as a extra pass rusher for the Jets. It worked as long as teams offense weren't prepared for that, but once they planned for him to pass rush the defense was screwed as it leaves a big gap in the pass defense. So teams would be prepared one of several ways:
1) Having a TE or RB assigned to block him, thus being able to exploit the big hole in the secondary
2) Having a receiver ready for a quick pass and a route designed to have him open quickly, then hoping for YAC.

It's actually a unsound approach to use a safety to pass rush as it leaves the defense short handed in pass defense and only works if the safety can sack the QB. Seahawks tried compensating by dropping a DL into pass defense but that doesn't work to well either.

Targeted about the same # of times if not more.... and with Seattle he got much worse in rating allowed. The Jets and Seattle were blitzing him about the same amount, but CLEARLY the Jets defense was better designed to allow him to cover better as well. I think it got to a point where Seattle went full derp and had guys like Al Woods running down field to cover, while Wagner/Brooks were some of the worst rated pass defending linebackers in the league... while Seattle attempted to play all their corners 10 yards off everyone while teams had WIIIIIIDE the fuck options over the middle on a ton of downs.

I'm convinced Seattle is using him poorly. I guess it doesn't help he's now getting injured, but he's about 30-40% worse in Seattle's system.

YearAgeTmPosNo.GGSIntTgtCmpCmp%YdsYds/CmpYds/TgtTDRatDADOTAirYACBltzHrryQBKDSkPrssCombMTklMTkl%

Games
Pass CoveragePass RushTackles
2018*23NYJSS3316161603355.0%40512.36.8174.79.823517069243.510115129.4%
2019*+24NYJSS3314141382155.3%1878.94.9275.26.61295890366.5167545.1%
2020*25SEASS3312120453577.8%41111.79.10104.76.8224187981069.5268399.8%
202126SEASS3312122513058.8%40313.47.9493.88.217622744510.068777.4%

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might be in the minority but I'd be willing to trade Metcalf. We have three possible outcomes with Metcalf.

Outcome 1: You trade him and get multiple first round picks along with some picks in later rounds.
Outcome 2: You don't trade him, and give him a massive extension that will eat up an absurd amount of cap space for a WR.
Outcome 3: You don't trade him, and he prices himself out of what we can realistically pay and he tests the free agency market and we get nothing.

Lets not forget that Metcalf plays in an offense that wants to run the ball and doesn't have a halfway decent QB to get him the ball. Trade him to the Jets for our first round pick back (#10), a 2023 first round pick (likely to also be in the top-10) and a 2023 second round pick.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might be in the minority but I'd be willing to trade Metcalf. We have three possible outcomes with Metcalf.

Outcome 1: You trade him and get multiple first round picks along with some picks in later rounds.
Outcome 2: You don't trade him, and give him a massive extension that will eat up an absurd amount of cap space for a WR.
Outcome 3: You don't trade him, and he prices himself out of what we can realistically pay and he tests the free agency market and we get nothing.

Lets not forget that Metcalf plays in an offense that wants to run the ball and doesn't have a halfway decent QB to get him the ball. Trade him to the Jets for our first round pick back (#10), a 2023 first round pick (likely to also be in the top-10) and a 2023 second round pick.
I'd be on board for that sort of value, but it doesn't sound like teams are offering that sort of value. It's been said that the Jets were going to offer the 2022 10th pick straight up for Metcalf and I'd hang up on them if that what they had in mind.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#10 overall is like a late 1st and 1st next year (from a team EXPECTED to be drafting late) at worse. That's what Adams and Hill pretty much got.

Couple things to consider:
1) DKs ceiling is higher because he's YOUNGER BUT there's a little more an unproven commodity there (all three had HOF QBs throwing to them).
2) Pete is not blowing up the team and at this point is on the hot seat, he wants to be competitive and Metcalf helps that.
3) 2022 draft class is not really THAT great. 2023 is loaded.

Point being, according to trade value charts, #10 is equivalent to TWO late round 1st picks THIS year, or a later 1st this year, and easily a later 1st next - yes you still have to find the trade partner... so that's something to factor. Regardless, that's FAR higher value than what Adams/Hill got.

If Seattle turned down the Jets' offer, I would expect resigning DK longer term. Does that work? Well basically everyone Seattle resigned is on 2 year contracts at this point... and the QB of the future is going to be cheap AF unless Drew Lock turns into the next Aaron Rodgers overnight (not going to happen IMO - hence why I think we're still targeting a QB in the 2nd frame). So at that point... what's the harm? Well basically NOTHING unless Metcalf gets disgruntled. Because everyone is going to be so fucking cheap on the roster it wont matter.

Basically IMO this is a 2 year plan to blow the ever living piss out and going all in, in 2024. And that INCLUDES signing Metcalf. Yes it's a run first team.... but Metcalf drew a TON of double coverage last year towards the second half, and if Wilson actually knew how to throw to WIDE THE FUCK OPEN RBs/TEs, I'm sure things would've been different.

@seahawksfan234 so all things considered? Would I be willing to trade Metcalf for #10 overall this draft? Eh, not a fan of the 2022 draft, but sure. The value is there. And it's a MASSIVE return on what we took him as, playing with a HOF QB. Some still argue about the Adams trade, but those were expected to be LATE 1st round picks (and the current year was). VERY different.

Last edited: