• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks 2022 draft- news, prospects

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like they are expecting lock to be the starter.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like they are expecting lock to be the starter.

I'm both of these Gifs after that...

Oh Hell No Reaction GIF

And

Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting today Wilson said he didn't want to be traded, but Allen, Carroll, Schneider all said he did.

Yeah, but Pete and John basically also said the writing was on the wall that Russ wasn't going to sign another contract here, so he essentially forced their hand. You have to then get as much as you can for the guy before you know he's gonna walk on his own. I don't buy Wilson's "I didn't ask to be traded" after we've already had the leaked teams he'd go to along with what was said today. He may not have used those words in the last couple weeks, but he wanted to be somewhere else.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m baffled on why we released Dunlap, we cut him, resign him for less just to cut him again ? When he wasn’t dropping back into pass coverage from Ken Nortons stupid defense, he got like 6-7 sacks in the last 4 games! I’m baffled by this move honesty and Dunlap should be furious !

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m baffled on why we released Dunlap, we cut him, resign him for less just to cut him again ? When he wasn’t dropping back into pass coverage from Ken Nortons stupid defense, he got like 6-7 sacks in the last 4 games! I’m baffled by this move honesty and Dunlap should be furious !

The Hawks are in rebuild, Dunlap is a older player in decline. Sucks yes but I think he is fine with it. He can sign with whoever he wants, Go chase a ring!

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hawks are in rebuild, Dunlap is a older player in decline. Sucks yes but I think he is fine with it. He can sign with whoever he wants, Go chase a ring!
I can understand the rebuild part, but to resign then just dump him was a little crazy… Maybe after letting go of Wilson they just said screw it ..

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand the rebuild part, but to resign then just dump him was a little crazy… Maybe after letting go of Wilson they just said screw it ..
Or maybe after they let go of Wilson he said Screw it. lol Remember he came here to be part of a contender.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I've fully embraced the idea of us rebuilding and quite honestly I'm actually excited about it. We'll have so much cap space in 2023 to spend on big name free agents now that we don't have Wilson's contract on the books.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I been looking at a lot of sites and seems like a OT is a likely choice for the 1.09. Cross and Penning are mentioned. I've also heard some concern that while decent to good it been said by some that neither is a impact type at the position. I have quit trying to evaluate OL myself as I found I don't have a knack for it, but this is concerning. Penning supposedly has the better metrics of the two as Cross metrics are meh supposedly. I do take that argument with a grain of salt as the one evaluator that was most adamant about these two being over rated has been all in on the Seahawks drafting defense with the first two rounds. He did like Abraham Lucas as a OT but not in round one.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I been looking at a lot of sites and seems like a OT is a likely choice for the 1.09. Cross and Penning are mentioned. I've also heard some concern that while decent to good it been said by some that neither is a impact type at the position. I have quit trying to evaluate OL myself as I found I don't have a knack for it, but this is concerning. Penning supposedly has the better metrics of the two as Cross metrics are meh supposedly. I do take that argument with a grain of salt as the one evaluator that was most adamant about these two being over rated has been all in on the Seahawks drafting defense with the first two rounds. He did like Abraham Lucas as a OT but not in round one.
I'm like you in that I have no idea on Oline evaluation, Harold. I honestly don't trust all the metrics or the grading system either though. There are just too many variables to consider and until these guys get into a game against superior defensive guys, we really don't know how they will do. Lots of guys grade out well in college but they don't face the likes of the Aaron Donald's of the world or the T.J. Watts' or Nick Bosa's etc. etc. All I know is what I see and the Hawks need to get guys out there and coach them up because what we have had under Pete has not been good. And in this division, it can't be ignored or patchwork. They have to start addressing it or the Seahawks just continue down the same path.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

hmmmmm

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In hearing Seattle is serious about drafting a corner with there top pick …. Ahmad ( Sauce) Gardner

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In hearing Seattle is serious about drafting a corner with there top pick …. Ahmad ( Sauce) Gardner

Yeah I have heard some pick one of the two lock down corners in this draft for the Seahawks. Be breaking new ground for the Seahawks as they usually feel drafting a corner in round 1 is not necessary. One of the reason for picking a corner is that the top Tackles in the draft profile better at RT in the pros and Cross is under sized for the position and has poor metrics for speed and quickness, he's better at pass blocking as he's good at mirroring pass rushers, but the concern is at the pro level he will be meet pass rushers that can bull rush him or beat him with speed and his run blocking isn't impressive even in college. I'd rather see the Seahawks take a pass rusher then a corner though.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
where are you hearing this?
Yeah I have heard some pick one of the two lock down corners in this draft for the Seahawks. Be breaking new ground for the Seahawks as they usually feel drafting a corner in round 1 is not necessary. One of the reason for picking a corner is that the top Tackles in the draft profile better at RT in the pros and Cross is under sized for the position and has poor metrics for speed and quickness, he's better at pass blocking as he's good at mirroring pass rushers, but the concern is at the pro level he will be meet pass rushers that can bull rush him or beat him with speed and his run blocking isn't impressive even in college. I'd rather see the Seahawks take a pass rusher then a corner though.
If evan neal fell to 9 I would take him in a heart beat

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
where are you hearing this?

If evan neal fell to 9 I would take him in a heart beat
Well he's not falling to the Seahawks as he'll be the first OL off the board. He played RT/ LG up until last season, massive size ( 6'7 350lbs) who a strong run blocker which sounds a lot like a natural at RT. He was a LG his first year at Bama.

Last edited:

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We could use a potential lockdown corner though, we’re a little thin there now especially after losing Reed.. I wouldn’t be unhappy with a pass rusher either though…

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter if it's LT/DE/CB, just draft the BA at 9.

Reactions: MrS