• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks 2022 draft- news, prospects

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’d be fine, but think a pass rusher would be nicer.
Pass rusher is always good, but man, Stingley looks like a potential lock down guy … I think our pass rush has improved a bit already, secondary a little thin after losing Reed .. Lock down corners are so nice .. But I won’t cry if we get a potential dominant pass rusher, that’s important in today’s NFL … As long as we don’t get a QB !

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pass rusher is always good, but man, Stingley looks like a potential lock down guy … I think our pass rush has improved a bit already, secondary a little thin after losing Reed .. Lock down corners are so nice .. But I won’t cry if we get a potential dominant pass rusher, that’s important in today’s NFL … As long as we don’t get a QB !

I hate a CB or God forbid Kyle Hamilton with #9. Decent EDGE and OT talent should be there. Go get that. If there is NO EDGE or OT there, and NOBODY is willing to trade down, then take Gardner or Stingley.

I think Harold mentioned Jordan Davis which I didn't even think of which is why that worries me. I mean he looks to be an immediate top 5 run DT in the league, but it's a PASSING LEAGUE CARROLL. And the DT/DL especially if we go to a 3-4 is probably the strength of the defense at this point with Harris, Jefferson, Ford, and Woods. I mean Davis is fine, but NOT at #9 overall. Try like mid-late teens. Hell I'd rather have Lloyd at #9 which would be nearly as stupid but at least Lloyd can cover which none of our linebackers can do at the moment and why teams threw over the middle of the field CONSTANTLY last year and routinely torched us for easy gains.

Looking at all the mocks, at this point I'd rather Seattle just trade down. If Thibs, Walker, Hutchinson (lol), or one of the three OTs are there... fine. If none are there? Trade back.

Last edited:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate a CB or God forbid Kyle Hamilton with #9. Decent EDGE and OT talent should be there. Go get that. If there is NO EDGE or OT there, and NOBODY is willing to trade down, then take Gardner or Stingley.

I think Harold mentioned Jordan Davis which I didn't even think of which is why that worries me. I mean he looks to be an immediate top 5 run DT in the league, but it's a PASSING LEAGUE CARROLL. And the DT/DL especially if we go to a 3-4 is probably the strength of the defense at this point with Harris, Jefferson, Ford, and Woods. I mean Davis is fine, but NOT at #9 overall. Try like mid-late teens. Hell I'd rather have Lloyd at #9 which would be nearly as stupid but at least Lloyd can cover which none of our linebackers can do at the moment and why teams threw over the middle of the field CONSTANTLY last year and routinely torched us for easy gains.

Looking at all the mocks, at this point I'd rather Seattle just trade down. If Thibs, Walker, Hutchinson (lol), or one of the three OTs are there... fine. If none are there? Trade back. And a lot of people like Cross to Seattle but I'm not so sure I see that happening. He's been slipping a tad and he's not a great run blocker which Carroll wants to go back to. I also think Stone Foresythe should get a shot at LT.
I mentioned Jermaine Johnson ( not Jordan Davis) because I was looking at pass rushers.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mentioned Jermaine Johnson ( not Jordan Davis) because I was looking at pass rushers.

He probably meant me, I was talking about him yesterday.

The thing with Davis is he has the speed, a 4.78 40, to be a force as a Inside Rusher.

Lofty comparison probably but i think he could be our Aaron Donald.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Looking at all the mocks, at this point I'd rather Seattle just trade down. If Thibs, Walker, Hutchinson (lol), or one of the three OTs are there... fine. If none are there? Trade back.

Ah, Judge Fudge did and you just posted a mock with him at #9.

I should've phrased what I wrote above better. You just quoted a mock draft and Fudge just reported Seattle was doing due diligence. Neither of you said you want him at #9 or posted arguments to take him. I really haven't seen many people mentioning Seattle will be or should be taking him at #9.

And that's what scares me...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the ones talked about the most Hutchison, Walker or Thibodeaux. Jermaine Johnson would be nice also.
What about this guy ? Rumor is Seattle might take him if he’s available …

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Davis is a guy Seattle might take if he’s there..he’s a beast no doubt, run stuffing monster, will get pressure up the middle, Cortez Kennedy like …

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well taking A DT that early is usually considered a reach, but he does look like a nice player to have. Be a help on the DL but I still rather go with a pass rusher to get to the QB.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is a cool vid … Little pre draft hype, 2012 draft

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well knowing Pete and John I will bet a ton of money that the first pick will either be an OL or DL. We have big gaps at tackle and our best DL is Shelby Harris so changes will definitely be on the way.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
word on the street is they might reach bigly and take LT trevor penning out of northern iowa at 9.
I am expecting something stupid honestly, its just what they do.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
word on the street is they might reachbigly and take LT trevor penning out of northern iowa at 9.
I am expecting something stupid honestly, its just what they do.
Penning fits the mold of what they love in a OL. Guy is physical, mean, and plays with a lot of energy, big guy, very quick and fast, metrics are outstanding. He's great at run blocking, raw at pass blocking and likes to drive/throw folks to the ground. So I would not be at all surprise to see the Seahawks take him and he's regarded as a OT with a lot of high upside and a sure 1st round pick.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he very likely will NOT be the best player available at 9, and we dont NEED to trade down this draft.
just take BPA and call it a day.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he very likely will NOT be the best player available at 9, and we dont NEED to trade down this draft.
just take BPA and call it a day.
Well one of the 2 shutdown corner backs are likely available, but otherwise he could be BPA and OT>CB. Going to be a run on pass rushers ahead of their pick and likely some OT off the board also. Now the best RB,best WR, best DT, best safety would be still on the board but if a top OT is still available worth considering.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also seeing possible trade down to take penning, then trade up into round 1 to take ridder.
fully expecting to be disappointed

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also seeing possible trade down to take penning, then trade up into round 1 to take ridder.
fully expecting to be disappointed
Trading down for Penning would be fine, trading up for Ridder would be like a punch to the gut.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great rush defender... I would assume he'll be top 5 in the league in no time in THAT aspect. Also good at nose tackle. We have that in Al Woods right now but Woods is 35... so I get the appeal. The video brings up Suh which is amusing... but Suh was a GREAT pass rusher in College as well... Davis was not a threat in the pass rush.

That said, it's not a running league, it's a passing league. Seattle needs pass rush. Seattle was one of the worst defenses last year in yards allowed but we were actually one of the best teams in yards per carry against the run.

A run stuffing nose tackle at #9 overall? Uh, no. There's lots of EDGE talent in this draft where the talent set is pass rush (no surprise, that's what College players are focusing on now because they know that's the big bucks). Seattle needs to fix that first and foremost. As much as I don't want a corner at #9 at least that helps the pass defense. I'll be heavily annoyed if Seattle takes Davis unless they trade down and snag him late teens and snag an extra 2nd (this draft has lots of good talent in the 2nd round).

The DL is actually IMO probably the strength of the defense at the moment. Harris, Jefferson, Ford, Woods? That's solid. And maybe Collier will do SOMETHING this year with a new D coord and a contract year.

That said, our EDGE rushers aren't great (Nwosu and Taylor? Eh....) and if our plan is to go in with Barton/Brooks as the other two good f'ing lord.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great rush defender... I would assume he'll be top 5 in the league in no time in THAT aspect. Also good at nose tackle. We have that in Al Woods right now but Woods is 35... so I get the appeal. The video brings up Suh which is amusing... but Suh was a GREAT pass rusher in College as well... Davis was not a threat in the pass rush.

That said, it's not a running league, it's a passing league. Seattle needs pass rush. Seattle was one of the worst defenses last year in yards allowed but we were actually one of the best teams in yards per carry against the run.

A run stuffing nose tackle at #9 overall? Uh, no. There's lots of EDGE talent in this draft where the talent set is pass rush (no surprise, that's what College players are focusing on now because they know that's the big bucks). Seattle needs to fix that first and foremost. As much as I don't want a corner at #9 at least that helps the pass defense. I'll be heavily annoyed if Seattle takes Davis unless they trade down and snag him late teens and snag an extra 2nd (this draft has lots of good talent in the 2nd round).

The DL is actually IMO probably the strength of the defense at the moment. Harris, Jefferson, Ford, Woods? That's solid. And maybe Collier will do SOMETHING this year with a new D coord and a contract year.

That said, our EDGE rushers aren't great (Nwosu and Taylor? Eh....) and if our plan is to go in with Barton/Brooks as the other two good f'ing lord.

I like him as a prospect, could end up being a dominant DL for years, but definitely if he’s floating around day 2 he’s worth that pick… he’s ridiculous for his size speed wise, and could end up being a good pressure guy up the middle for years ..