• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawk QB Dilemma?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aiden seems to be panning out but the other 2 are meh. Kayvon Is decent. Travon is having a busty first year.
Not a lot of stars out 7 DL in the first, maybe one? The point being DL bust in the first as often as QBs and if you pass on a QB (who ends up being decent to good to very good) and DL you drafted ends up being a D that would set you back a bunch also. A fact over looked by those eager for an answer to a porous run defense.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a lot of stars out 7 DL in the first, maybe one? The point being DL bust in the first as often as QBs and if you pass on a QB (who ends up being decent to good to very good) and DL you drafted ends up being a D that would set you back a bunch also. A fact over looked by those eager for an answer to a porous run defense.
A little early to be declaring these guys busts.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd definitely go qb.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think its apples-to-apples comparing a high pick QB bust to a DL. Drafting a QB that high locks you into that guy at the most important position in sports for multiple years and hamstrings you from correcting it, if you were wrong, with the continued high draft picks you will get. As we've discussed on the Hawks board, you can still get value out of "busted" other positions where they are helping your team.

EDIT: All of that to say, just drafting the "highest-rated" QB that high because you have that high draft pick can be incredibly damaging to your future success. They should only be taking one of these guys if they actually evaluate him as "the answer".

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Stroud and I like Young as a prospect. They are the guys I would use a first on. That’s it. I don’t like Levis as I mentioned earlier. Guys like Jayden Daniels or Spencer Rattler are guys I’d take a 3rd or 4th round flyer on.
I want QB, Jake Haener with one of the Seahawks 2nd round picks if he's available...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think its apples-to-apples comparing a high pick QB bust to a DL. Drafting a QB that high locks you into that guy at the most important position in sports for multiple years and hamstrings you from correcting it, if you were wrong, with the continued high draft picks you will get. As we've discussed on the Hawks board, you can still get value out of "busted" other positions where they are helping your team.
Cardinals got a second for Rosen. Teams often are slow to move on a QB, but doesn't have to be that way, that's a choice.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cardinals got a second for Rosen. Teams often are slow to move on a QB, but doesn't have to be that way, that's a choice.
And a new coaching staff... that seems an odd "success out of failure" story to tout....

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And a new coaching staff... that seems an odd "success out of failure" story to tout....
I not touting it as a success story, simply demonstrating that teams do not have to be locked into a QB who is a top 5 pick that is a bust, they can get value if they move him before the bust label is cemented firmly. Heck the Jets I think got a second for Darnold. It's a problem when teams hold onto a QB they feel is a bust because "it would look bad", otherwise they can trade him to recoup some value.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want a true nose tackle that would be unmovable in the middle Siaki Ika in the third would do nicely no need to use a top 5 pick for that.
I want to trade down with our top pick to picks #8, 9 or 10... Then we can pick up another high pick and take Ika... I feel Haener will be the best QB of this years class... Not sold on Young or Stroud... Not too excited about a Ohio St QB nor another 2.0 version of K. Murray

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to trade down with our top pick to picks #8, 9 or 10... Then we can pick up another high pick and take Ika... I feel Haener will be the best QB of this years class... Not sold on Young or Stroud... Not too excited about a Ohio St QB nor another 2.0 version of K. Murray
A shame Penix did not enter the draft, he would be great. Stroud would be OK, no to under sized Young, but I like Anthony Richardson for his upside but understand why others don't share my thoughts on him, with only one season starting he needs seasoning and he has made some mistakes that has turn folks off of him but feel his ceiling is really high just needs some coaching which the Seahawks would give him. Pete's work with Wilson and Geno has been really good and I'd love to see him mold Richardson into a great QB.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A shame Penix did not enter the draft, he would be great. Stroud would be OK, no to under sized Young, but I like Anthony Richardson for his upside but understand why others don't share my thoughts on him, with only one season starting he needs seasoning and he has made some mistakes that has turn folks off of him but feel his ceiling is really high just needs some coaching which the Seahawks would give him. Pete's work with Wilson and Geno has been really good and I'd love to see him mold Richardson into a great QB.
Richardson for me is a value selection. Mid 2nd? I could see it. The stuff that holds me back is why wasn’t he able to leave no doubt and win that Florida job last year? I think Seattle is in a great spot to pick the guy in that Richardson tier and pay Geno for 3 years structured with them having the ability to move on for a cheap cap hit in the third year and get the guy on their board they highlight as the QB they project to be the best. That could be Richardson.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will also say I kind of like the UCLA QB. He’s been through the wars and he came out on the other side. He’s a really solid skill set to work with as a developmental QB.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looked good against the Husky's.
His career has been a roller coaster. That stuff eats the weak but what doesn’t kill ya makes ya stronger. (I’ve run out of cliches)

I don’t think he’s ready now. Chip Kelly’s offense is over simplified and he needs time to adjust to NFL offenses. If he’s still there in round 4-5, I want the Eagles to think about taking him to back up Hurts.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can SB or bust and Geno at QB even be in the same plan?
Im basing that on my belief Carroll is retiring when his contract is up. Drafting a QB high and ignoring huge needs on the defense wouldnt make sense to me

Unless of course he plans on coaching until he is 80

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im basing that on my belief Carroll is retiring when his contract is up. Drafting a QB high and ignoring huge needs on the defense wouldnt make sense to me

Unless of course he plans on coaching until he is 80
but I dont think Pete is the GM. The GM still has to worry about his job.
or is Pete the GM?