• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawk DBs

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen other Seattle games where one of the ways the opposing offense counters the physical nature of Sherman and Browner is to run bunch formations on one side, it seems to really screw them up if there's other receivers in the area and they are focusing on their holds and takedowns of their man to man assignment. I wonder if when we get Crabtree and Manningham back this might be more of an option for the 49ers to do?

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they probably have the best secondary in the league.... But I couldn't believe how much contact they were allowing between sherman and boldin... and I mean by both of them. It was like a cage match on every snap.

xJuicex

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently you can tackle the WR before he even takes off on his route, well at least yesterday anyways.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they probably have the best secondary in the league.... But I couldn't believe how much contact they were allowing between sherman and boldin... and I mean by both of them. It was like a cage match on every snap.

They did get physical... First 5 yards you can hit the receiver legally but I think Boldin got caught up in it too much and was engaging all the time... It's tough for a DB though because it could be a run play so you engage initially thinking the receiver might be a blocker on that play... so I'm glad they allow contact at the very least with all the dam defensive rules making it so hard to play defense...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently you can tackle the WR before he even takes off on his route, well at least yesterday anyways.

Boldin was initiating contact on allot of those play's... It wasn't all Sherman... Bolding was running straight into him so Sherman had no choice but to get physical and play it like a running play initially....

hawkfan1073

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you should cry a little more about it? Just admit that Seattle's defense made the 9ers look like a JV high school football team out there. Hey, Maybe you guys can play your games during halftime of our next home games like most high schools.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did get physical... First 5 yards you can hit the receiver legally but I think Boldin got caught up in it too much and was engaging all the time... It's tough for a DB though because it could be a run play so you engage initially thinking the receiver might be a blocker on that play... so I'm glad they allow contact at the very least with all the dam defensive rules making it so hard to play defense...

That is a huge part of Shermans game. Getting the receiver pissed so they focus more on getting him back or going after him than playing their game. Boldin got caught up in that for sure. Finnagin is the same way.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thats what they do they hit you get as close to taking a penalty as they can get with out taking one and then wait for you to retaliate.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I was calling for 2 TE sets al game.

By the way, things could've been better if Bruce Miller could catch the ball. They seemed to ignore him. The Niners need to get him some serious rep's in practice. Heck, let him practice with the WRs like Vernon did. The guy needs to be able to catch the ball.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen other Seattle games where one of the ways the opposing offense counters the physical nature of Sherman and Browner is to run bunch formations on one side, it seems to really screw them up if there's other receivers in the area and they are focusing on their holds and takedowns of their man to man assignment. I wonder if when we get Crabtree and Manningham back this might be more of an option for the 49ers to do?

Is their secondary that good or are our receivers simply that bad? They tried nothing at all to free up Boldin. They just left him out there to get embarrassed by Sherman.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Maybe you should cry a little more about it? Just admit that Seattle's defense made the 9ers look like a JV high school football team out there. Hey, Maybe you guys can play your games during halftime of our next home games like most high schools.

The fucking seahawk trolls here is getting ridiculous. This is our damn board. We dont need your 2 cents shit here.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fucking seahawk trolls here is getting ridiculous. This is our damn board. We dont need your 2 cents shit here.

You did the right thing, then the wrong thing. It's been handled. relax, you have great mods and people here to help.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the WR hits the DB past the 5 yards the DB can hit back. That's a rule not often talked about by know-nothing game analysts.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not just the Seahawk DBs who are physical, the Seahawk O Linemen are as well. They busted up the Niner D Line bad. They put Williams out for the season and knocked McDonald out for the game and maybe more.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not just the Seahawk DBs who are physical, the Seahawk O Linemen are as well. They busted up the Niner D Line bad. They put Williams out for the season and knocked McDonald out for the game and maybe more.

Williams was hurt on a cut block. Wouldnt call that physical play

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, on a cut block that Brian Pioli earlier today called "despicable".

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When Kaep gets outside the tackle box you can
mug the receivers.

Aren't ya'll sick of this flag football game
we have to watch? Defenses can't play
ball anymore.

If Baalke goes out and drafts big corners, trust me,
you won't be whining.

You will condone the behavior. :suds: