• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Matt Hennington and Baron Browning

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hennington and Browning are at tipping points in their careers and with their roles on the Broncos.

Browning - played a year off ball at ILB and last year moved over to Edge rusher OLB. With Chubb gone and Gregory on the other side it is up to Browning to be a credible threat on the edge. He has fantastic athleticism and a great first step - though he got in trouble trying to time the snap like Von Miller and got penalized for that. IMO, he needs to play better with his legs underneath him after the snap to better protect the edge and seal off the outside. Conditioning and coaching should help him with that. Browning will get his chance to breakout or bust out this year.

Hennington - Love this guy. He was a walk on recruit at Wisconsin and even became a starter while still in walk on status. Over 4 years he only missed two games at Wisconsin. Last year as a 6th round pick - Hennington was the only Bronco rookie to play in all 17 games. No one outworks this young man. Hennington now gets his shot as a starting DE opposite Zach Allen on the other side. With his work ethic and another year of pro conditioning - he might be ready to breakout.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My concern with Browning is his size and ability to hold up physically and injury wise. Otherwise I think he has shown the tools to make an impact.

Oppo for Hennington. Love his motor but does he have the tools to make an impact?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure who Matte Hennington is but we do have a Matt Henningsen on the roster.

Love Browning. He has proven to us he can be a beast. Like @Mountain Bronco said it just comes down to durability with him. The only thing stopping him from being a great pass rusher right now is staying healthy so that he can be consistent.

Same concern with MB on Henningsen... He works hard, he is an effort guy but does he have the tools to make an impact? My guess is he will never be a starter and that is fine because I think we knew that when we drafted him late. However, he could be the perfect fit to last in the NFL as a depth guy for awhile because of his work ethic/motor. To me he isn't a guy we really need to debate in terms of can he start for us? Because he likely never will but moreso does he have enough tools to survive in the NFL with his motor?

I really don't know what to think of Henningsen right now. Need to see more of him. The upside isn't big, IMO.... But he has the other things you like about a DL... McTelvin Agim was similar to him in terms of motor and he didn't last long. Time will tell. I'd rather take a guy like Henningsen in Round 6 as oppose to Rd 3. Agim had more upside but both really were known for high motor/effort guys coming out.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually did get it right. I said I didn't know who "Matte Hennington" was but we do have a "Matt Henningsen" on the roster.. I never said you called him Matte. ;)

I found a technical way around my typo.

Was waiting for you to say something after I re-read it and instead of editing it, figured I would have fun with it. :)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was interesting to me last year that Denver seemed to go to Henningsen more then Uwazurike.

I do think that Uwazurike will pass him up this year. More talent in the shed there.

Henningsen reminds me a bit of Mitch Unrein. Could last awhile based on reasons stated above but may never be a known player around the NFL.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Browning tore his MCL.. He should be fine for the start of the season but another injury for Browning.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like he had a meniscus that needed a clean up surgery and may be ready for the start of the season but there is some doubt. Those meniscus repairs can be tricky and timelines are hard with those. Hopefully he heals up for the season.