• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Scottie says 95-96 Bulls would sweep 2015-2016 GSW

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the time Steph stands their posturing and gloating about making a three, the Lakers run a flawless fast break and laugh their ass off at a jump shooter thinking he's the shit.

No one, I mean NO ONE can stand before the '87/88 Showtime Lakers.

My first NBA game was at the old forum watching the 88-89 Lakers - I was in 8th grade. Never forget pregame being on the floor and Rambis looked like a dinosaur he was so tall. They played the Hawks that day and lost and this is when Lakers hardly lost at home. Dominique and Spud were tough that day.

I highly respect that Lakers team, but I'm not sure who guards Jordan. I remember the original dream team practices and heard Jordan and Magic went at it physically. Would have been a helluva matchup, but honestly Pippen was better suited to guard Magic. Magic is his prime was pretty nasty with some serious court vision.

But give me great defense > great offense. In any sport. Especially when that great defense had a seriously good offense as well.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you are missing is that it would also mean opportunities for the Bulls, specifically MJ, that were not there in the 90's.

Imagine trying to stop Jordan with no handcheck available and when enforcing the no layup rule would be a flagrant foul.

You mean he wouldn't have to do this anymore?

1402931352-1243519715_m.png

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw the 88-89 Lakers and remember

Haha. You mean Alonzo morning said, that Scottie said LBJ would kick MJ's butt.. All at MJ's 50th bday btw.

"You know, Scottie Pippen and I were just at Michael's 50th birthday party, hanging out for a week, and we were talking. I'm going to tell you what Scottie said," Mourning started. "I'm going to tell you what Scottie said."

What did Scottie say!?!?

"Scottie said that LeBron would've kicked MJ's ass," Mourning said.
No, that's not the comment I was referring to. Scottie did go on record and say it himself. Here's a link to the conversation.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, that's not the comment I was referring to. Scottie did go on record and say it himself. Here's a link to the conversation.

That's a funny interview. Skip and Stephen A reaction is hilarious. I think Scottie was drunk or got his feelings hurt that day. When he said, "Lebron gets his entire team involved." I sense some sensitivity issues there with him not being "the man".

That said, Lebron has the whole package, but he doesn't have the Will MJ had. MJ was very gifted athlete as well, Lebron is just a bit taller and thicker than MJ.

Clutch shots? What about those Scottie? :tsk:

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a funny interview. Skip and Stephen A reaction is hilarious. I think Scottie was drunk or got his feelings hurt that day. When he said, "Lebron gets his entire team involved." I sense some sensitivity issues there with him not being "the man".

That said, Lebron has the whole package, but he doesn't have the Will MJ had. MJ was very gifted athlete as well, Lebron is just a bit taller and thicker than MJ.

Clutch shots? What about those Scottie? :tsk:
LOL yea they were cracking up to say the least. And I think Scottie is still butt hurt about the comments made about him when he played without MJ.

But I couldn't agree more about MJ's will to win. I think there are really only two active players that come close-if not match it. Kobe & Russell Westbrook.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but he doesn't have the Will MJ had.

Heard an interview with Steve Kerr where he talked about MJ's will to win. He said that the season they set the regular season wins record happened because MJ decided they were going to get it and that's how it was going to be...period. No discussion, no "wouldn't that be cool," just MJ deciding and driving the team to it.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard an interview with Steve Kerr where he talked about MJ's will to win. He said that the season they set the regular season wins record happened because MJ decided they were going to get it and so that's how it was going to be...period. No discussion, no "wouldn't that be cool," just MJ deciding and driving the team to it.

Sometimes I think the Will to win is actually more of refusing to lose.

But how Scottie could say that is crazy after he witnessed every single one of those clutch shots Jordan took and games won for the Bulls. yeah Scottie didn't really ever get that shot, but he was huge on defense - hell everywhere but there. Obviously Scottie wanted a few of those shots. lol

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GS was losing to the cavs with HC, and love and Irving weren't even playing...he has a good point

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why they keep bringing this up. Do you think there's any way in hell that Kukoc/Pippen/Jordan/Rodman (not even mentioning the other guys on the roster) under today's salary cap?

This team would be a powerhouse in today's league:

1992-93 Cleveland Cavaliers

That doesn't mean that today's teams suck. The rules are different now.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes I think the Will to win is actually more of refusing to lose.

But how Scottie could say that is crazy after he witnessed every single one of those clutch shots Jordan took and games won for the Bulls. yeah Scottie didn't really ever get that shot, but he was huge on defense - hell everywhere but there. Obviously Scottie wanted a few of those shots. lol

I honestly not all that surprised Scottie would say that.

Jordan was absolutely ruthless. As tough as he was to play against, he could be even harder on teammates. His standards were impossibly high. Although I am sure Scottie is greatful for everything His Bulls teams accomplished, there also has to be some resentment from a player who was always second fiddle. There was legitimate debate back in '96-'97 over whether Jordan or Pippen was the best player on the team. Yet, historically speaking, Pippen gets somewhat underrated because he was not an elite scorer.

Pippen also would be naturally inclined to favor LeBron, because LeBron's style is closer to his own. Pippen was a great player who felt he did not get his due while he was playing. I think his LeBron comments were an indirect way of saying that his own contributions were every bit as valuable as Mike's.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why they keep bringing this up. Do you think there's any way in hell that Kukoc/Pippen/Jordan/Rodman (not even mentioning the other guys on the roster) under today's salary cap?

This team would be a powerhouse in today's league:

1992-93 Cleveland Cavaliers

That doesn't mean that today's teams suck. The rules are different now.

I can dig that. I go back to what I said earlier on here. The game HAS changed a lot. Look at today's centers compared to Olajawon, Ewing, Alonzo, The Admiral, Shaq.. Even Ric Smits, Brad Daughtery, The Chief.. Those guys that took up the paint were forces. Today you have Deandre Jordan, Howard.. These guys have post presensce on D, but no real post skills on offense. No post moves at all. That right there shows you how much the game has changed.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So does this mean they would sweep the spurs of this year too?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose if I wanted to be vicious and mean, my response would be that since I have seen reports that Scottie Pippen lost all of his money and is now bankrupt - why would any one value his opinion as a loser that is too stupid to invest his money wisely?

But I won't say that since I'm a nice guy:whistle:

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They might win the series but I think it wouldn't be a sweep.