• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Scottie says 95-96 Bulls would sweep 2015-2016 GSW

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like these comments are useless.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas took them the limit if I remember right.

Hell, that Mavs team would sweep the Warriors.
I remember Derek Harper dribbling out the clock in a tie game :L...best game we ever played, lost in OT. Gut punch

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't we have a thread already about how over-rated the Warriors are and garbage compared against all other championship teams? Did we need a second one?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't we have a thread already about how over-rated the Warriors are and garbage compared against all other championship teams? Did we need a second one?

Yes. The reminder is necessary and critical.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get why guys like Pippen even answer these questions. You're never going to play with them so why go as far to say you would sweep them?

If you say you think you're the better team I'm fine with that

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get why guys like Pippen even answer these questions. You're never going to play with them so why go as far to say you would sweep them?

If you say you think you're the better team I'm fine with that

Because someone has to put food on Skip Bayless's table.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In today's rules, the Warriors would have a legit chance to beat them in a 7 game series. Factoring in all the rule changes and defensive schemes that are allowable now, it would create opportunity for the Warriors that was not there back in the 90's.

What you are missing is that it would also mean opportunities for the Bulls, specifically MJ, that were not there in the 90's.

Imagine trying to stop Jordan with no handcheck available and when enforcing the no layup rule would be a flagrant foul.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you are missing is that it would also mean opportunities for the Bulls, specifically MJ, that were not there in the 90's.

Imagine trying to stop Jordan with no handcheck available and when enforcing the no layup rule would be a flagrant foul.

Oh, I'm not missing it. Yes the Bulls would be better offensively, but the rule changes give the Warriors a fighting chance. I've said before you're not stopping MJ, you're just hoping to throw different looks at him, which is allowable under the new rules. Alternatively, the Bulls defense would be altered just as much. Rodman wouldn't be allowed to get away with half the stuff he did. Pippen and Jordan wouldn't be able to hand-check either while guarding their man too. It works both ways.

People are just ignoring how the new rules would effect the Bulls, which it does, both good and bad.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point. I think we have to be careful about both

Troof. End of the day, old guys like me always think that things were better "back in the day" and young guys always think everything is better now.

When the young guys of today are old, they'll be the ones talking about how everything was better "back in the day" and there will be a new crop of young guys saying everything is better now.

The fact is, both are true. Some things were better back then and some things are better now.

Last edited:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you ever see that Sonics team? Or Orlando with young Shaq? How old are you dammit? :lou:

I am 37 and I watched every single game the Bulls played that year. Yes, I watched them and I am not naive enough to think they were better just because they played in the 90s.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I view these debates about the Warriors against previous generations, there is always one thing in common: modern day basketball is watered down.

That's why the Warriors are viewed as soft. Instead of saying how they are perfectly built to compete in today's NBA game, people keep saying "well they wouldn't have done that against ____".

And you know what you're probably right. Because they're not built to play against previous generations based on the rules. The Bad Boys pistons team would be a solid playoff team and nothing more under today's rules. They would get run out of the building against the top tier teams. Joe Dumars shot 48% from 3 that year. Impressive right? Well he took a grand total of 29 on the year. Isiah Thomas shot 27% from 3. They wouldn't be able to play their physical brand of basketball that made them World Champions. Does it mean they're better or worse than the Warriors? No, because you can't compare the two. The Pistons were built perfectly for that era of basketball.

Disregarding the changes in era's rules and allowable play is just lazy when you're comparing teams. The Warriors are perfectly built to today's NBA game.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I view these debates about the Warriors against previous generations, there is always one thing in common: modern day basketball is watered down.

That's why the Warriors are viewed as soft. Instead of saying how they are perfectly built to compete in today's NBA game, people keep saying "well they wouldn't have done that against ____".

And you know what you're probably right. Because they're not built to play against previous generations based on the rules. The Bad Boys pistons team would be a solid playoff team and nothing more under today's rules. They would get run out of the building against the top tier teams. Joe Dumars shot 48% from 3 that year. Impressive right? Well he took a grand total of 29 on the year. Isiah Thomas shot 27% from 3. They wouldn't be able to play their physical brand of basketball that made them World Champions. Does it mean they're better or worse than the Warriors? No, because you can't compare the two. The Pistons were built perfectly for that era of basketball.

Disregarding the changes in era's rules and allowable play is just lazy when you're comparing teams. The Warriors are perfectly built to today's NBA game.

And ultimately, it doesn't matter how the Warriors or any other team would play in a different era because they don't have to. They have to win in this era. The same holds true for teams from the past. They had to win in their era.

It's fun to debate how different teams and players might fare in different eras. But at the end of the day, all that matters is how they perform(ed) in the era they play(ed) in.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golden State has been exposed in the past few weeks. The Bulls would tear them up.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw the 88-89 Lakers and remember
He also said LBJ is better than MJ so we have to really take what he says with a grain of salt.

Haha. You mean Alonzo morning said, that Scottie said LBJ would kick MJ's butt.. All at MJ's 50th bday btw.

"You know, Scottie Pippen and I were just at Michael's 50th birthday party, hanging out for a week, and we were talking. I'm going to tell you what Scottie said," Mourning started. "I'm going to tell you what Scottie said."

What did Scottie say!?!?

"Scottie said that LeBron would've kicked MJ's ass," Mourning said.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am 37 and I watched every single game the Bulls played that year. Yes, I watched them and I am not naive enough to think they were better just because they played in the 90s.

I asked if you watched the Sonics that year, not the Bulls. Just because the Spurs have a record close to the Warriors, doesn't mean EITHER are in the SAME class as the Bulls. The Spurs and Warriors records are the cause of a watered down league. Let's look at the Spurs shall we?? 39 year old Tim Duncan, 38 year old Ginobli, David West is 35, Andre Miller 40 -- granted I like Leonard and Aldridge can play. Parker still has game, but they have some grandpas out there and I highly doubt they man handle the Sonics of '96. Comparing this somewhat ancient Spurs team to the Bulls is hilarious.

And where are the dominant centers that once roamed the paint in the NBA? The league todayt is less physical. More finesse. I would love to see what some of these teams would do against Olajuwon, Ewing, Shaq, The Admiral, Alonzo - hell even Ric Smits, Mutumbo, Brad Daughtery would up there with the best centers in the NBA today.

The centers in the NBA today have hardly any post moves. No technique what-so-ever.