• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harold Varner III

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize few post here but I had to share what I just witnessed. Varner is one of the very few black golfers on tour. Aside from Tiger I think there is only 1 other.. Cameron Champ, who as has been mentioned here you would only know he's black if he told you.. not that that matters. Varner seems like a good guy and is often in the mix on the weekend but he has never won before.

Today he was tied for the lead after 11 at -10. He then proceeded to go +10 over the final 7 holes.. and that included a birdie. It also included a 4-putt, with the last 3 putts coming from inside 3'. I've never seen anything quite like it. He's never won, but he's never fallen apart quite that badly before either. It was painful to watch.

Also Scottie Scheffler is in a playoff going for his 5th win in 4 months, while becoming the least well-known, best golfer in the world that I can recall.

Janus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Varner is a good golfer, kinda like a Mark Wilson type or Charlie Hoffman, Got to give it to him, the man knows the competition is unreal and plays his heart out. Not everyone wins but it would be nice to see him lift a trophy.

It's real easy to go 10 over but real hard to go 10 under, he should be proud

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Varner is a good golfer, kinda like a Mark Wilson type or Charlie Hoffman, Got to give it to him, the man knows the competition is unreal and plays his heart out. Not everyone wins but it would be nice to see him lift a trophy.

It's real easy to go 10 over but real hard to go 10 under, he should be proud

Yea and like I said I see his name on the leader board often so he has the game. He's already banked > $2 million this season, with 3 top 6 finishes. But you're right.. the competition out there has never been tougher.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it will be just a 2nd for Scheffler this time... nobody to blame but himself, shooting+2 today, lucky just to make the playoff.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize few post here but I had to share what I just witnessed. Varner is one of the very few black golfers on tour. Aside from Tiger I think there is only 1 other.. Cameron Champ, who as has been mentioned here you would only know he's black if he told you.. not that that matters. Varner seems like a good guy and is often in the mix on the weekend but he has never won before.

Today he was tied for the lead after 11 at -10. He then proceeded to go +10 over the final 7 holes.. and that included a birdie. It also included a 4-putt, with the last 3 putts coming from inside 3'. I've never seen anything quite like it. He's never won, but he's never fallen apart quite that badly before either. It was painful to watch.

Also Scottie Scheffler is in a playoff going for his 5th win in 4 months, while becoming the least well-known, best golfer in the world that I can recall.
That was too bad. he's such a good guy. A good friend of my sister's. I always root for Varner.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They asked Scheffler if his three wins had increased his fame in the golf world when he was at the Masters and he said "No. When the driver picked me up to take me to the course at Augusta he said "good morning Xander"