• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Scottie says 95-96 Bulls would sweep 2015-2016 GSW

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i swear i must have seen that play at LEAST 1000 times.... :( was too young to actually have watched it and remembered it though.

"The Shot"

all though- as far as Cleveland heart break is concerned- i gotta think it ranks behind "The Drive" "The Fumble" "The Decision" and Jose Mesa blowing game 7 of the WS.......Love having his arm torn out of his socket while up by a ton in a 3-0 series also is not exactly an awe inspiring moment either.-- and if you REALLY know Cleveland sports- not sending Kenny Lofton around 3rd in 2007 is pretty bad as well.

Agreed. Jose Mesa and Bron decision were worse. No idea why Ehlo was even on MJ during that play. Jeeez where's the help??!!

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Jose Mesa and Bron decision were worse. No idea why Ehlo was even on MJ during that play. Jeeez where's the help??!!
i wanna say the Cavs PROBBALY still had harper at that point too..not sure though- like i said- i was pretty young at that time.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the problem here is you're dealing with absolutes. The Spurs don't have to shut down the Sonics, they just have to beat them. The Spurs run a great offense and even an all time great defender in Payton can only guard one person at a time.

The Spurs (and Warriors) are the sum of their moving parts. It's not just who would win a one on one matchup at every position. Basketball is not simplified that way.

This is spot on.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think so too.

I also think the Bad Boyz, the '86 Celtics and the '87 Showtime Lakers devastate them with sweeps.

2ad16dcaeac4cd89734dfe8a7fb40ac02aa9c11add9283ea737f3a81ca18c819.jpg

80's were good years of bball now.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said that.

Not a knock on the Bulls at all, but it is still true.

They had no control over how good their opposition was.

Did you ever see that Sonics team? Or Orlando with young Shaq? How old are you dammit? :lou:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks more like Rodman is about to check Detlef's prostate.

That's what the Worm did! He got Kemp thrown out of game 2 or 3 in the 96 finals. Got ALL UNDER HIS SKIN AND KEMP"S JIMMIES GOT RUSTLED

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodman is definitely in the "can't fucking stand that guy, unless he's on my team" HOF.

Hell he's probably the president and founder.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodman is definitely in the "can't fucking stand that guy, unless he's on my team" HOF.

Hell he's probably the president and founder.

There was a big white dude that got thrown out of game 6 in 96 I think too. Threw some punches at the Worm. He drove everyone nuts, but the dude would guard The Mailman, Shaq, Shawn Kemp... Those were heavy weights especially back then. And he'd still get 15 boards a night.

I miss seeing him on the sideline riding a bike to stay warm

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have NBA TV, they show the Sonics Bulls '96 series every now and then. Good shit

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 104839

80's were good years of bball now.
yah....i am bummed i missed some of those teams--- from everything i have read- the 86 Celtics, 87 Lakers teams are among the very very best of all time- at a time when the sport was really getting a lot of traction after struggling for much of the 70's....

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GSW 7-3 in their last 10.. hmmm 2 games left with San Antonio too.

If I was Kerr, I'd tell them to get in playoff mode now or else the starters sit and rest.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah....i am bummed i missed some of those teams--- from everything i have read- the 86 Celtics, 87 Lakers teams are among the very very best of all time- at a time when the sport was really getting a lot of traction after struggling for much of the 70's....

early 80s Celtics Lakers games were what I started watching before I was 10. Those were some wars and I didn't even know what I was watching

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think so too.

I also think the Bad Boyz, the '86 Celtics and the '87 Showtime Lakers devastate them with sweeps.
The Showtime Lakers would blow them off the planet 4 times in a row .Total mismatches, no matter the style, today's rules or back then. Obviously, the Warriors are built for today's game, so use today's rules. No hand checking....who is stopping Magic without(or even with) a hand check in the open court? Half court, Magic walks it down, who the Hell is stopping him in the post, Steph? Thompson? LMAO. Magic beats them by himself. Who on the Warriors stops Worthy with today's rules? And let's be honest....with today's rules, against the Warriors Big's, KAJ could average 40/20 in a series, easy. On the other end? Coop guards Steph, Thompson shoots over Magic, shot blockers everywhere, it's a massacre .

Bad Boys....then, Pistons sweep, now, Warriors sweep

Bulls? Another total match-up nightmare for the Warriors. Again, play today's rules for the Warriors...no hand checking, MJ scores every freaking time, it's shooting fish in a barrel for him . The Bulls 3 point shooters get even more WIDE open looks , MJ couldn't be stopped by double teams in the days you could mug him. Now? Good grief. And defensively, MJ, Pippin, and Rodman were so long and athletic, they could perimeter defend the W's and really tie up their offense. Just a mismatch

Celtics...see Showtime Lakers

Last edited:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Showtime Lakers would blow them off the planet 4 times in a row .Total mismatches, no matter the style, today's rules or back then. Obviously, the Warriors are built for today's game, so use today's rules. No hand checking....who is stopping Magic without(or even with) a hand check in the open court? Half court, Magic walks it down, who the Hell is stopping him in the post, Steph? Thompson? LMAO. Magic beats them by himself. Who on the Warriors stops Worthy with today's rules? And let's be honest....with today's rules, against the Warriors Big's, KAJ could average 40/20 in a series, easy. On the other end? Coop guards Steph, Thompson shoots over Magic, shot blockers everywhere, it's a massacre .

Bad Boys....then, Pistons sweep, now, Warriors sweep

Bulls? Another total match-up nightmare for the Warriors. Again, play today's rules for the Warriors...no hand checking, MJ scores every freaking time, it's shooting fish in a barrel for him . The Bulls 3 point shooters get even more WIDE open looks , MJ couldn't be stopped by double teams in the days you could mug him. Now? Good grief. And defensively, MJ, Pippin, and Rodman were so long and athletic, they could perimeter defend the W's and really tie up their offense. Just a mismatch

Celtics...see Showtime Lakers

By the time Steph stands their posturing and gloating about making a three, the Lakers run a flawless fast break and laugh their ass off at a jump shooter thinking he's the shit.

No one, I mean NO ONE can stand before the '87/88 Showtime Lakers.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't expect anything less from Scottie. I think GSW would win 1 tho.

:bounce:

He also said LBJ is better than MJ so we have to really take what he says with a grain of salt.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the time Steph stands their posturing and gloating about making a three, the Lakers run a flawless fast break and laugh their ass off at a jump shooter thinking he's the shit.

No one, I mean NO ONE can stand before the '87/88 Showtime Lakers.
No one. MJ Bulls included. Best team ever. The 72 wins...good grief, look at the teams the Lakers played night in, night out...the Celtics, the Pistons, the Rockets....take even my 86-87 Dallas Mavs. I'd take them to win the NBA championship this year without hesitation....and they didn't win squat, title wise. That team had Mark Aguirre, Ro Blackman, Derek Harper, Roy Tarpley, Sam Perkins, Detlef Schrempf, James Donaldson, Brad Davis....are you kidding me? Still not enough

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one. MJ Bulls included. Best team ever. The 72 wins...good grief, look at the teams the Lakers played night in, night out...the Celtics, the Pistons, the Rockets....take even my 86-87 Dallas Mavs. I'd take them to win the NBA championship this year without hesitation....and they didn't win squat, title wise. That team had Mark Aguirre, Ro Blackman, Derek Harper, Roy Tarpley, Sam Perkins, Detlef Schrempf, James Donaldson, Brad Davis....are you kidding me? Still not enough

Dallas took them the limit if I remember right.

Hell, that Mavs team would sweep the Warriors.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also said LBJ is better than MJ so we have to really take what he says with a grain of salt.

He's also a violent womanizer.