• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Scottie says 95-96 Bulls would sweep 2015-2016 GSW

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Spurs could shutdown The Glove, Shawn Kemp, Sam Perkins, Hersey Hawkins, And The Detlef Shrimpffh?

OK

That offense was some serious west coast offense. And the The Glove would lock you down.

I think the problem here is you're dealing with absolutes. The Spurs don't have to shut down the Sonics, they just have to beat them. The Spurs run a great offense and even an all time great defender in Payton can only guard one person at a time.

The Spurs (and Warriors) are the sum of their moving parts. It's not just who would win a one on one matchup at every position. Basketball is not simplified that way.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing that pisses me off about this is that Pippen is just fueling the GSW to break the record now. It's a like a college LB coming out and saying his D will stop Fournette next week. It just motivates

I love it.

What I'm actually hoping Kerr does is he compiles a list of all the things that motivated them at the beginning of the season and makes them watch it again right now. The Warriors are dragging and playing sloppy and lethargic. They need their edge back.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a clutch, team-player like Tony Kukoc had said this, it would carry more weight.

Scottie Pippen never belonged in the top 50.

He may have been the worst teammate in the history of the NBA.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the problem here is you're dealing with absolutes. The Spurs don't have to shut down the Sonics, they just have to beat them. The Spurs run a great offense and even an all time great defender in Payton can only guard one person at a time.

The Spurs (and Warriors) are the sum of their moving parts. It's not just who would win a one on one matchup at every position. Basketball is not simplified that way.

First off, the Spurs win titles because Pop knows defense is what wins titles. The Spurs have been a solid defensive team for years and that's why they've been in position to win rings. If you know anything about that Sonics team - they could score at will. This in a league much more physical and Shawn Kemp was a athletic freak. Hawkins, Perkins could score. And then there's the Detlef Shrimpffh!

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, the Spurs win titles because Pop knows defense is what wins titles. The Spurs have been a solid defensive team for years and that's why they've been in position to win rings. If you know anything about that Sonics team - they could score at will. This in a league much more physical and Shawn Kemp was a athletic freak. Hawkins, Perkins could score. And then there's the Detlef Shrimpffh!

I watched the Sonics as much as I could and loved GP because he was from the Bay.

So your take now is basically every team from your glory era would beat every team of today. Is that just to build up more credibility to the greatness of the Bulls squad or simply because you just think everyone was better back then?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So your take now is basically every team from your glory era would beat every team of today. Is that just to build up more credibility to the greatness of the Bulls squad or simply because you just think everyone was better back then?

Its nostalgia bias... also known as Rosy Retrospection

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the Sonics as much as I could and loved GP because he was from the Bay.

Didn't say that.. You said The Spurs were better than ANY team the Bulls played in 1995-96.

:bullshit:

Do I really have to "build up credibility" for the Bulls squad? :lol: C'mon man! No one is discussing if GSW would even WIN the series. Everyone is talking about if they would win a game or 2. I said in today's type of game, GSW would win 1 game, maybe 2. But the Bulls were practically a perfect combination of offense and defense. In the 90's Steph Curry is laying on the ground and limping around.

Bulls are still the only team ever with 3 - 1st team all NBA defender. So if you can't score on someone.. :noidea:

Last edited:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golden State gets one possibly. The Warriors are a jump shooting team and that Bulls perimeter defense was great. I don't see the games being blowouts but I will take MJ to put them away in the end.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scottie Pippen never belonged in the top 50.

He may have been the worst teammate in the history of the NBA.
when he decided to go sit on the bench when he was denied the opportunity to take the last shot at the end of a hotly contested playoff game- he shouldve been banned from the hall of fame right then and there.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tight defense on Detlef here. The Worm baby

140eda9dfc1e730def16bc27e26efe49.jpg

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when he decided to go sit on the bench when he was denied the opportunity to take the last shot at the end of a hotly contested playoff game- he shouldve been banned from the hall of fame right then and there.

I think Kukoc hitting the shot, while Pippen was on the bench made that lesson quick and easy. Phil knew what he was doing. In some ways it was a bitch move, but understand how many times Pippen watched Jordan get to take that last shot. Jordan was playing AA baseball and Pipp wanted to finally take the shot. Pipp < Phil

Here you go Wiggy:

jordan-over-ehlo-o.gif

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kukoc hitting the shot, while Pippen was on the bench made that lesson quick and easy.

Here you go Wiggy:

View attachment 104837
i swear i must have seen that play at LEAST 1000 times.... :( was too young to actually have watched it and remembered it though.

"The Shot"

all though- as far as Cleveland heart break is concerned- i gotta think it ranks behind "The Drive" "The Fumble" "The Decision" and Jose Mesa blowing game 7 of the WS.......Love having his arm torn out of his socket while up by a ton in a 3-0 series also is not exactly an awe inspiring moment either.-- and if you REALLY know Cleveland sports- not sending Kenny Lofton around 3rd in 2007 is pretty bad as well.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't say that.. You said The Spurs were better than ANY team the Bulls played in 1995-96.

:bullshit:

Do I really have to "build up credibility" for the Bulls squad? :lol: C'mon man! No one is discussing if GSW would even WIN the series. Everyone is talking about if they would win a game or 2. I said in today's type of game, GSW would win 1 game, maybe 2. But the Bulls were practically a perfect combination of offense and defense. In the 90's Steph Curry is laying on the ground and limping around.

Bulls are still the only team ever with 3 - 1st team all NBA defender. So if you can't score on someone.. :noidea:

I said that.

Not a knock on the Bulls at all, but it is still true.

They had no control over how good their opposition was.