• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Scott Linehan needs to go!

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys have two of the highest paid premier lineman, used a high pick on another, yet can’t find a way to protect the QB. A top 5 pick, whether he deserved it or not, put himself in position to be suspended 6 games, and hasn’t been the same since. Have arguably one of the worst play callers in football. Have one of the most outdated schemes in football. Released their franchise WR unexpectedly. Was blindsided and lost their HOF TE. Did hardly anything to replace that franchise WR or HOF TE. Yet the brunt of the criticism is on the 4th round starting QB because he isn’t playing like Aaron Rodgers.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our offense seems to move best when

1. We go up tempo
2. Dak is involved in the running game
3. 10 is on the field
This is true, but this offense remains stuck in the 1990s. 8-9 men in the box on first and second down? Let’s run right at it like it’s 1993!

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams fan here agrees Linehan is not good. That said Dak needs some playmakers at WR and TE along with the Oline needs to block.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On two third down plays, nobody accounted for Bobby Wagner, a top 3 LB. Hey, I’m no coach, but I know if I’m facing the Seahawks, I’m making sure I’m running play designs away from Wagner and making sure Wagner is accounted for on every running play. This is where we miss Frederick. He smarter than our dumb coaches and way smarter than Looney.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People think I’m crazy when I say Dak is one of the only positives on the offense. This isn’t to say he’s played well, just that he’s a positive, not a negative. The film does not lie. Looney and Conor are killing plays and drives. Tyron is killing plays and drives but I’m not worried about him. Martin has been the one consistent lineman. Lael been decent. The coaches aren’t properly utilizing Tavon. The coaches aren’t designing plays to exploit mismatches. Rod Smith been iced out. I may have been a little unfair to the WR core. The play designs absolutely suck.

Our TEs are really bad though. Not one of them can create any separation at this point. There were several plays where I wanted to cry because I miss Witten and know he would create separation on those routes. I miss James Hanna too. Hanna retirement might have been even more detrimental than Witten’s because I think he would have been a decent TE1 compared to what we have.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen enough, Scott Linehan AND Kellen Moore need to go. I have no delusions Garrett's job is under any threat so I will settle for second best. If Linehan is not fired after this week then it's just not going to happen in-season and we are stuck with this sorry ass offensive coaching staff. Said it last year and I will say it again, this organization is squandering great talent with piss poor coaching.

Apathy towards the organization is starting to set in for me.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if they get rid of Linehan whoever comes in will still be running Garrett's offense. This is the same offense Garrett was running when he was OC.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if they get rid of Linehan whoever comes in will still be running Garrett's offense. This is the same offense Garrett was running when he was OC.

Even if a new OC is running Garrett's offense it should still be a change of pace. Linehan has developed habits over his time here, to the extent that even us fans have a pretty good idea what play call is coming based on the down, distance and formation -- imagine what NFL scouts with their resources and available analytics have been able to find?

Can we please stop giving Linehan a pass here? Yes, this is Garrett's offense, but it is Linehan calling the plays, and the play calling has been stale going back to last season. A new OC, even if he is calling Garrett's offense can mix things up, and who knows, maybe getting a different voice on the offensive side of the ball might just be a good thing.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just dont see how we still have lineahan or Garrett. I just dont. JJ watches the games, he has to see how they suck balls.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if a new OC is running Garrett's offense it should still be a change of pace. Linehan has developed habits over his time here, to the extent that even us fans have a pretty good idea what play call is coming based on the down, distance and formation -- imagine what NFL scouts with their resources and available analytics have been able to find?

Can we please stop giving Linehan a pass here? Yes, this is Garrett's offense, but it is Linehan calling the plays, and the play calling has been stale going back to last season. A new OC, even if he is calling Garrett's offense can mix things up, and who knows, maybe getting a different voice on the offensive side of the ball might just be a good thing.
& that is before they break the huddle!!!

The TD drive they had like 3 misdirection plays that put the over aggressive Texans defense in the wrong spot. I was thinking holy shit they are learning how to play call. Then after that they were as predictable AF! That is what I get for hoping.