• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Scott Linehan needs to go!

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well on over reaction Monday it past time to over react
Fire all of the coaches except Richards and Lal
Rod will retire I think or keep him as a consultant
Trade up for the kid from Oregon Dak is not the answer IMHO
Hire a innovative offensive head coach and not some retread but that’s for after the season
Today
Immediately dismiss Linehan bring in anybody it could not be any worse this team needs a almost complete turnover from Garrett on down.

You like the guy from Oregon? Talk about a heartbreaking loss. I’ve seen many football games in my lifetime. I saw the Oilers blow their lead to the Bills in the playoffs. I’ve seen Dallas blow plenty. Oregon on Saturday night may have trumped them all.

I like the West Virginia guy. The scouts aren’t as high on him right now as they are Herbert.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our offense seems to move best when

1. We go up tempo
2. Dak is involved in the running game
3. 10 is on the field

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And captain oblivious (jason Garret) said no changes on offense are needed. He is going down with the ship.Cowboys not planning major changes on offense
Yeah, but this is pretty accurate:

"I think it would be false for me to say this is about playcalling," Garrett said. "This is about everything we're doing offensively, we have to do better. We have to coach better. We have to play better. We have to run it better. We have to throw it better. We have to protect better. We have to do all the things good offenses do and we have to do all of those things better."

I've said it before. Until you allow an OC to fully implement his own Offense here, how is getting rid of him going to change much? Do any of you that think Linehan is the main problem think Garrett would do a better job calling plays? I'm all for change and wouldn't mind canning Linehan, but simply having a different guy pick amongst the same stale plays from the same obvious formations may not be any better. When Garrett was calling plays his time management and challenges were at an all time low. Want to go back to that? Who else is going to call the plays? We need to tinker with the play calling a little or overhaul the whole thing which isn't happening right now.

I think we need to game plan a little better and then communicate during the game better with coaches, players, heck call up some fans and ask their opinion cause most of what we are doing wrong is obvious. Plus get Linehan out of the box and back down on the field. He clearly has no feel for the game up there. Stop calling plays designed to get 3 yards on 3rd and 12. Dedicate to the run. Then use the play action. Use the play action. Then run a bunch more and Use the play action. Spread things out because the whole offense ran noticeably better in week 1 and 3 once we spread it out and that includes opening up the running game and allowing the OL to pull out in front better. Throw the ball down field more to open things up and be more aggressive in general. We seldom see guys working together like every other team does to create confusion - picks, outs in front of a deep cross, etc. A good example was when Sea put Woods in a position to pick one of the two receivers when they saw us in one deep. Either way it was going to be an issue and we were caught with our pants down. Use our speed and quickness better. Most importantly stop being so obvious in your formations and the plays you run out of them.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason Garrett's late game adjustment speach.

"Hey guys, were down a bunch of points with 6 minutes left in the game, I think we should play with some urgency and take a few risks."

Then he walks around clapping.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until you allow an OC to fully implement his own Offense here, how is getting rid of him going to change much? Do any of you that think Linehan is the main problem think Garrett would do a better job calling plays? I'm all for change and wouldn't mind canning Linehan, but simply having a different guy pick amongst the same stale plays from the same obvious formations may not be any better.

I think at this point with this personnel a change is necessary. This offense is in a rut, and no matter what we want to infer from the tea leaves, Scott Linehan is the designated play caller, so IMO he should be the first head to roll. It might be Garrett's offense or some permutation of it, but Linehan is calling the plays. Garrett certainly had his faults, but one thing is for sure, he challenged defenses and made them defend down field -- haven't seen this offense challenge defenses very much at all since Atlanta last year. I'd like to think that with all this experience that Garrett's clock management and other intangibles might have improved since then.

If nothing else, firing Linehan now gets the fall guy out of the way, so if/when the season goes completely off the rails there is no one to absorb the blow for Garrett at season's end. Have I mentioned I'd like to see the Cowboys hire a new coaching staff?

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason Garrett's late game adjustment speach.

"Hey guys, were down a bunch of points with 6 minutes left in the game, I think we should play with some urgency and take a few risks."

Then he walks around clapping.

And...

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but this is pretty accurate:

"I think it would be false for me to say this is about playcalling," Garrett said. "This is about everything we're doing offensively, we have to do better. We have to coach better. We have to play better. We have to run it better. We have to throw it better. We have to protect better. We have to do all the things good offenses do and we have to do all of those things better."

I've said it before. Until you allow an OC to fully implement his own Offense here, how is getting rid of him going to change much? Do any of you that think Linehan is the main problem think Garrett would do a better job calling plays? I'm all for change and wouldn't mind canning Linehan, but simply having a different guy pick amongst the same stale plays from the same obvious formations may not be any better. When Garrett was calling plays his time management and challenges were at an all time low. Want to go back to that? Who else is going to call the plays? We need to tinker with the play calling a little or overhaul the whole thing which isn't happening right now.

I think we need to game plan a little better and then communicate during the game better with coaches, players, heck call up some fans and ask their opinion cause most of what we are doing wrong is obvious. Plus get Linehan out of the box and back down on the field. He clearly has no feel for the game up there. Stop calling plays designed to get 3 yards on 3rd and 12. Dedicate to the run. Then use the play action. Use the play action. Then run a bunch more and Use the play action. Spread things out because the whole offense ran noticeably better in week 1 and 3 once we spread it out and that includes opening up the running game and allowing the OL to pull out in front better. Throw the ball down field more to open things up and be more aggressive in general. We seldom see guys working together like every other team does to create confusion - picks, outs in front of a deep cross, etc. A good example was when Sea put Woods in a position to pick one of the two receivers when they saw us in one deep. Either way it was going to be an issue and we were caught with our pants down. Use our speed and quickness better. Most importantly stop being so obvious in your formations and the plays you run out of them.

He should have also said, "We have to score more points then the other team".

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need to panic, Scott is working with what the GM has given him. Let him get his OL back, bring in a WR next year, and see if we have a TE on the roster this year.

I don't have an issue if Scott and JG were fired this morning, but that's not going to happen. Gotta give them both this year. Then let them go if something massive doesn't change and make Richard the new HC, since that is why he is here in teh first place. I'd much rather throw a truckload of cash at Lincoln Riley to come in, but he isn't going to leave OU to be our OC. I like Marinelli, so don't want him to go but that's the only other way to promote Richard.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big game Sunday. Assuming the line is Cowboys by 3.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need to panic, Scott is working with what the GM has given him. Let him get his OL back, bring in a WR next year, and see if we have a TE on the roster this year.

I don't have an issue if Scott and JG were fired this morning, but that's not going to happen. Gotta give them both this year. Then let them go if something massive doesn't change and make Richard the new HC, since that is why he is here in teh first place. I'd much rather throw a truckload of cash at Lincoln Riley to come in, but he isn't going to leave OU to be our OC. I like Marinelli, so don't want him to go but that's the only other way to promote Richard.

2 years ago 4 of the 5 OL were part of the best line in the NFL. I think Dak can easily be a above average QB, he has Zeke, and I think the WR corps are more than decent.
Sorry Ford, but the GM has giving Scott plenty of weapons, he just doesn't seem to know how to use them.

I'm at the point where I'd pack both their bags if they are fired.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

According to the Seahawk fans, it was kind of unanimous that Richard did not seem to be a good DC at all in Seattle. That doesn't mean he can't be better here and I'd like to see him as DC, but I'm not sure he is ready to be a HC.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the Seahawk fans, it was kind of unanimous that Richard did not seem to be a good DC at all in Seattle. That doesn't mean he can't be better here and I'd like to see him as DC, but I'm not sure he is ready to be a HC.

I've heard the same on other boards and from kin in the Northwest who I trust. Biggest complaint I hear from them is his "voice" in the room has a short life span. As you say - maybe he learned from the experience as many coaches do. And - as you say, I'm not completely ready to anoint him the next HC either. But as we also both know - Jerry is Jerry.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You like the guy from Oregon? Talk about a heartbreaking loss. I’ve seen many football games in my lifetime. I saw the Oilers blow their lead to the Bills in the playoffs. I’ve seen Dallas blow plenty. Oregon on Saturday night may have trumped them all.

I like the West Virginia guy. The scouts aren’t as high on him right now as they are Herbert.

Yea I like Hebert but not nearly as much as I liked Wentz I watched him 4 years at NDSU but that’s a moot point. I really hate seeing him on the Eagles.
I really wish we would have went after Bridgewater but all that would have caused right now is calls to bench Dak. Dak can be serviceable with the right team but he just is not the “guy” IMHO .
Garrett has got to go 10 years 1 playoff win with a stale playbook and lukewarm at best results is enough. I’m not rooting for losses but if the trend continues 5-11 is looking us square in the nose and I’m tired of Cowboy mediocrity over the last 20 years with a pop up of promise only to be stomped out by pure coaching idiocy at its finest.
This team has a lot of holes WR ,TE, LB ,S, DT and QB and a coaching staff that can properly use the personnel on the team. The defense is showing promise but the offense has went backward .
Rant over
JMHO

Sir Robin Of Camelot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other issue I keep seeing over the first 3 weeks (as well as late in the 2017 season) is how Dak's mechanics have gone to shit whenever pressure is brought up the middle. When he can set and throw... OK. When he rolls out of the pocket... actually his strength. But when he's in the pocket and pressure from either side appears, his feet start moving at which point it's anyone's guess how the ball will come out or where it ends up. In the past, that was obviously Wade Wilson's area to address.

Anyone feeling a warm fuzzy around Kellen Moore yet? Because I'm sure as hell not.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the past, that was obviously Wade Wilson's area to address.

Anyone feeling a warm fuzzy around Kellen Moore yet? Because I'm sure as hell not.[/QUOTE]

Kellen may prove to be a really good coach in the future but he is not a QB coach now. The Cowboys did kellen and themselves a disservice not starting Kellen at asst specials teams or asst QB coach.
The only warm feeling I’m getting is from the wet elephant piss the wind is blowing in from Garrett’s BS comments about the team and I’m not into that at all.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Want another strike against Scott Linehan? He is a big reason why Kellen Moore is QB coach. It's almost like nepotism between these two -- starting to wonder if there are some undisclosed familial ties (I kid). Linehan couldn't drag Moore through another season on the Cowboys roster, so hey why not let him be QB coach!

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I love lincoln, but he is not ready for the pros IMO. I think Richard will be our next HC.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I like Hebert but not nearly as much as I liked Wentz I watched him 4 years at NDSU but that’s a moot point. I really hate seeing him on the Eagles.
I really wish we would have went after Bridgewater but all that would have caused right now is calls to bench Dak. Dak can be serviceable with the right team but he just is not the “guy” IMHO .
Garrett has got to go 10 years 1 playoff win with a stale playbook and lukewarm at best results is enough. I’m not rooting for losses but if the trend continues 5-11 is looking us square in the nose and I’m tired of Cowboy mediocrity over the last 20 years with a pop up of promise only to be stomped out by pure coaching idiocy at its finest.
This team has a lot of holes WR ,TE, LB ,S, DT and QB and a coaching staff that can properly use the personnel on the team. The defense is showing promise but the offense has went backward .
Rant over
JMHO

I wanted Wentz as well and was sick when the Eagles took him. I just hope Dak gets better.