• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Scott Frost was upset with B1G schedule, wanted to play Indiana more.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not his players, dumbfuck.
So a coach doesn't get credit for something that happened in year 2 because it wasn't his players? At what point does a coach get credit or take blame for the season? Does Urban get credit for a national title in 2014? Were those "his" players? That seems kinda silly.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which would be a decent argument if you saw some improvement this year. And based on your own standards, even if he won 10 games this year or next year; that wouldn't be good enough. He has a ways to go to even get back to Pelini levels of respectability. But my original point was that Nebraska has to recruit a whole lot better to do that and that until there's a dramatic shift in that, I think the ceiling at Nebraska is about what Pelini was doing.

"I think the ceiling at Nebraska is about what Pelini was doing"

Are you seriously suggesting that a program with the history of the Huskers will never return to what they were? Now that's a bit of a stretch isn't it?

"I think"

^^^^^^

That's really when you start getting yourself in trouble.

Take off the custom meeeechegan homer goggles. The only thing you're doing right now is trashing a program that's in 100% rebuild mode so you can feel just a little bit better about your team.

But here's the real difference between Huskers fans & some of you meeeechegan fans. Pay close attention to this. I've never seen a single Nebraska fan overly pimp their team up in the nonstop fashion some UofM fans do.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Maze&Blew hard-on for Bo Pelini is hilarious.

The reason why.........

Jim Harbaugh = Bo Pelini (without the division titles)

How is Youngstown St doing now that they are a 100% Bo Pelini team? Right back to mediocrity.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a coach doesn't get credit for something that happened in year 2 because it wasn't his players? At what point does a coach get credit or take blame for the season? Does Urban get credit for a national title in 2014? Were those "his" players? That seems kinda silly.

Why isn't Bo pelini being offered a job at a major CFB program.

Why wasn't he on the Tennessee, Florida, USC, WVU, etc lists?

Surly you have an answer for us, oh mediocrity lover.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bo pelini is now Urban Meyer?

LMFAO!!!

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a reminder my dewdz.
ec9f55fa9e51bc99e9a64747a3b65b21.jpg

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A coach can’t be blamed for anything that happens while waiting for the team to be 100% their players.

-Michigan Fans 2011-2019

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is such a fucking stupid story and thread. I'd gladly play Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State and PSU more often, especially at home. Those games and atmospheres are incredible.

Sorry, world for saying that we'd like to play a team in our conference more than twice in a 9 year span. We'll try not to make such outlandish and offensive comments in the future.
A&M will play Georgia for the first time in late November in Athens! They've been in the same conference since the 2012 season. Not sure when Georgia is scheduled to play in Kyle Field...if ever.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A&M will play Georgia for the first time in late November in Athens! They've been in the same conference since the 2012 season. Not sure when Georgia is scheduled to play in Kyle Field...if ever.

Ssssssshh. Hopefully Georgia fans aren't as sensitive as Indiana fans and won't get butt hurt by what you just said.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I think the ceiling at Nebraska is about what Pelini was doing"

Are you seriously suggesting that a program with the history of the Huskers will never return to what they were? Now that's a bit of a stretch isn't it?

"I think"

^^^^^^

That's really when you start getting yourself in trouble.

Take off the custom meeeechegan homer goggles. The only thing you're doing right now is trashing a program that's in 100% rebuild mode so you can feel just a little bit better about your team.

But here's the real difference between Huskers fans & some of you meeeechegan fans. Pay close attention to this. I've never seen a single Nebraska fan overly pimp their team up in the nonstop fashion some UofM fans do.

I think it will be hard. Football is different now. The landscape is different; even for Michigan. When Detroit was booming in the 60's and 70's, there was tons of talent in the state of Michigan. A lot of those people moved south in the 80's and 90's and it's now harder for us to find in-state talent (there also weren't the NCAA limits on players like we have now). I think it would be hard for Michigan to be what we were, and it certainly applies to Nebraska as well. Also, look at the conference now vs. then. It used to be the big two and the little 8. But with all the teams they've added and Mich, PSU, OSU and MSU in the same division; it would be damn hard to be that again.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo pelini is now Urban Meyer?

LMFAO!!!
That's not what I said at all. I said Urban won a national title with kids recruited by Luke Fickle and Jim Tressel. Does that not count as his? If successes are his, then failures are Frost's. There's obviously some consideration to what he was given but I don't think the situation is as bad as you make it seem. Nebraska is still one of the most talented programs in the B10 on paper.

And I admittedly say this hypocritically (as @7Samurai13 pointed out) because it's the same excuse we used for RR and Hoke when they sucked "wait until we get our guys in here!".

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not what I said at all. I said Urban won a national title with kids recruited by Luke Fickle and Jim Tressel. Does that not count as his? If successes are his, then failures are Frost's. There's obviously some consideration to what he was given but I don't think the situation is as bad as you make it seem. Nebraska is still one of the most talented programs in the B10 on paper.

And I admittedly say this hypocritically (as @7Samurai13 pointed out) because it's the same excuse we used for RR and Hoke when they sucked "wait until we get our guys in here!".
That’s quite amusing that Nebraska didn’t have a bad situation and had plenty of talent but Michigan was decimated and had no talent to be found on the roster.

Nebraska’s previous three recruiting classes were #23 and fifth in the conference, #26 and fifth in the conference and #30 and fourth in the conference. But Michigan had two top 10 classes that had 0 talent per Michigan fans.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s quite amusing that Nebraska didn’t have a bad situation and had plenty of talent but Michigan was decimated and had no talent to be found on the roster.

Nebraska’s previous three recruiting classes were #23 and fifth in the conference, #26 and fifth in the conference and #30 and fourth in the conference. But Michigan had two top 10 classes that had 0 talent per Michigan fans.
I prefaced the comment that it was hypocritical because I did the very same thing. I'll admit I don't know Nebraska's situation and if those classes stuck around. I know that was a big problem for us, but it shouldn't have caused our QB issues (which is what I was using it to try and justify). Live and learn I guess. That was bad coaching. But as a fan, you want the problems to be anything else because if it's the coach, your hope for the next few years goes out the window.

We're also talking about dramatically different finishes here. 4 wins and now another 4-6 win season likely. That's beyond just needing a few years to develop.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I prefaced the comment that it was hypocritical because I did the very same thing. I'll admit I don't know Nebraska's situation and if those classes stuck around. I know that was a big problem for us, but it shouldn't have caused our QB issues (which is what I was using it to try and justify). Live and learn I guess. That was bad coaching. But as a fan, you want the problems to be anything else because if it's the coach, your hope for the next few years goes out the window.

We're also talking about dramatically different finishes here. 4 wins and now another 4-6 win season likely. That's beyond just needing a few years to develop.
Michigan has a much better base than Nebraska had and only an idiot would argue otherwise. Michigan had, what, 15 Players drafted that season? The most in college football. Nebraska did not have that.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan has a much better base than Nebraska had and only an idiot would argue otherwise. Michigan had, what, 15 Players drafted that season? The most in college football. Nebraska did not have that.
Oh sure. I'm not saying Nebraska is nearly as talented on paper as Michigan was when Harbaugh took over. I'm simply saying they are more talented, in many cases significantly more so, than Akron, Troy, Indiana, Minnesota, Colorado....all teams they've lost to in the last couple years. In the Western division and with the schedule Nebraska has, talent isn't an excuse to win less than 7 games. They have had enough talent on that team to win 7-9 games both years with the schedule they had.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh sure. I'm not saying Nebraska is nearly as talented on paper as Michigan was when Harbaugh took over. I'm simply saying they are more talented, in many cases significantly more so, than Akron, Troy, Indiana, Minnesota, Colorado....all teams they've lost to in the last couple years. In the Western division and with the schedule Nebraska has, talent isn't an excuse to win less than 7 games. They have had enough talent on that team to win 7-9 games both years with the schedule they had.

The last couple of years? You have a short memory don't you? It was only 2 years ago that JH went 0-5 vs. teams that finished the regular season above .500.

You know his bowl record. You know his record vs. ranked teams. You know he's the only coach in UofM history to start 0-4 vs. Ohio State. And you know Hiz Boyz gave up an all time worst 62 in Columbus last year. If his named wasn't Harbaugh he would have been fired after that bowl game ass kicking from Florida last year.

But you just go ahead & focus on what the Huskers haven't done the last couple of years while ignorning the glaring shortcomings of your team & coach. Homers will always homer. Even when it's completely irrational.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Something like 33 out of 87 scholarship recruits since the 2015 class are no longer at NU. 38% of your roster never panned out or left the program under Riley and then Frost.

"Three positions were hit hardest. Two are on offense.

Seven wide receivers either exhausted eligibility, left or didn’t show up. One of them, Morgan, is one of the most decorated receivers in school history. The other six combined for 15 career catches, all of which belonged to Lindsey" (who transferred to Oregon State last year).

-From OWH

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last couple of years? You have a short memory don't you? It was only 2 years ago that JH went 0-5 vs. teams that finished the regular season above .500.

You know his bowl record. You know his record vs. ranked teams. You know he's the only coach in UofM history to start 0-4 vs. Ohio State. And you know Hiz Boyz gave up an all time worst 62 in Columbus last year. If his named wasn't Harbaugh he would have been fired after that bowl game ass kicking from Florida last year.

But you just go ahead & focus on what the Huskers haven't done the last couple of years while ignorning the glaring shortcomings of your team & coach. Homers will always homer. Even when it's completely irrational.
No matter how much you hope it was true, what I'm saying isn't invalidated by what Michigan has done or what I've said about Michigan in the past. And Harbaugh's worst year is still going to be at least a couple wins more than Frost's best at Nebraska. So, what's your point?

Though I shouldn't even entertain your worthless arguments to divert this topic back to Harbaugh over and over. I should know better by now. The fact is, what Frost has done (or hasn't done) stands on it's own. Harbaugh has nothing to do with it. And if you think Harbaugh should be fired, then you should also be on my side that Frost has done even worse at Nebraska than Harbaugh at Michigan.

Last edited:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it will be hard. Football is different now. The landscape is different; even for Michigan. When Detroit was booming in the 60's and 70's, there was tons of talent in the state of Michigan. A lot of those people moved south in the 80's and 90's and it's now harder for us to find in-state talent (there also weren't the NCAA limits on players like we have now). I think it would be hard for Michigan to be what we were, and it certainly applies to Nebraska as well. Also, look at the conference now vs. then. It used to be the big two and the little 8. But with all the teams they've added and Mich, PSU, OSU and MSU in the same division; it would be damn hard to be that again.

How many natty's did Michigan play for in the 60's and 70's?

Got news for ya, Bo Schembeckler was Bo Pelini too.

Another reason you think so highly of Pelini.