• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Scott Frost was upset with B1G schedule, wanted to play Indiana more.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My comments have nothing to do with Michigan. My comments are about Nebraska. I'm still incredibly disappointed about how we started the season and terrified about what OSU will do to us.

If you're going to make a tribute thread about another team, then Michigan is certainly in play.

One half of a NC in 70+ years. That's Michigan football.

I wouldn't trade my fan card for $10 million.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. But given the resources of the two; it's hard not to be impressed by Iowa consistently winning over the past 20 years. It's the Michigan State/Michigan argument. Michigan has dramatically more resources, but look at what Dantonio was able to do. It's why he could have a terrible season every 2-3 years, sandwiched in with a great season and MSU fans are going to build a statue for the guy some day.

But the point of my original comment was that Nebraska is going to have to find another way to win because it's unlikely that they'll be able to do it like they did 25 years ago.

We shall see with time I guess. I'm not sure people truly grasp what a turd sandwich Mike Riley handed Scott Frost. Even Nebraska fans are coming to terms with the realization that it was so bad that this won't get turned around even in 2-3 years.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frost is just over halfway into year two. He didn't make the (4-8) seasons. He inherited them.
Which would be a decent argument if you saw some improvement this year. And based on your own standards, even if he won 10 games this year or next year; that wouldn't be good enough. He has a ways to go to even get back to Pelini levels of respectability. But my original point was that Nebraska has to recruit a whole lot better to do that and that until there's a dramatic shift in that, I think the ceiling at Nebraska is about what Pelini was doing.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what you're saying is that Iowa had a schedule just like Nebraska's this year, but instead of winning 4-6 games...they won 12...and that defeats my comment that Iowa has figured out how to succeed with midwest talent? No, Iowa is never winning a national title but they do good for what htey have access to.

They also had a 17 year head coach in place.

Not one that inherited (4-8) and is only 1.5 seasons into it.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're going to make a tribute thread about another team, then Michigan is certainly in play.

One half of a NC in 70+ years. That's Michigan football.

I wouldn't trade my fan card for $10 million.
I didn't make this thread? I made a comment. And my comment was ultimately not a "look at Nebraska and LOL" comment, it was more to dissect what I think is wrong with the program, how football has changed and they need to adapt. Those changes are also why we haven't lived up to expectations in the last two decades.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Nebraska Tribute Thread.

That's how pathetic Michigan fans are.

"We beat Notre Dame. I think I'll start a Nebraska tribute thread". LOL

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We shall see with time I guess. I'm not sure people truly grasp what a turd sandwich Mike Riley handed Scott Frost. Even Nebraska fans are coming to terms with the realization that it was so bad that this won't get turned around even in 2-3 years.
I'm not sure why it's THAT bad though. Frost was working with a team that had a 4 year recruiting cycle that averaged in the top 25. On paper, Nebraska has the most talent in the west. If Nebraska hired Urban, do you think it would be this bad in year 2? And I say that only using Urban as an example of an ultra-elite coach.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Nebraska Tribute Thread.

That's how pathetic Michigan fans are.

"We beat Notre Dame. I think I'll start a Nebraska tribute thread". LOL
I hate to break this to you, but a Notre Dame/Indiana fan started this thread.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure why it's THAT bad though. Frost was working with a team that had a 4 year recruiting cycle that averaged in the top 25. On paper, Nebraska has the most talent in the west. If Nebraska hired Urban, do you think it would be this bad in year 2? And I say that only using Urban as an example of an ultra-elite coach.

I think something can be said for it being just as much a mental hurdle as it is physical, although Riley's S&C program was a joke.

It's hard to buy into a coach and his program and trust and believe them when they say it's going to work when clearly the records say it's not working. For sure happened under Riley and that goes for Frost too. Frost needs to win in order to truly establish a culture, buy-in and to boost recruiting.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which would be a decent argument if you saw some improvement this year. And based on your own standards, even if he won 10 games this year or next year; that wouldn't be good enough. He has a ways to go to even get back to Pelini levels of respectability. But my original point was that Nebraska has to recruit a whole lot better to do that and that until there's a dramatic shift in that, I think the ceiling at Nebraska is about what Pelini was doing.

"Pelini levels" are only "respectable" at Iowa, Michigan, Missouri, Auburn, etc..

Pelini is not a good coach, you flaming idiot. If he were, he'd have another high level P5 job. If he were, he'd have Youngstown St playing for the FCS NC's every year.
He's just as mediocre at Youngstown St as he was at Nebraska.

He has a far better local talent pool in Ohio than North Dakota St, South Dakota St, Northern Iowa, Southern Illinois, etc..However, he finds a way to lose to them.

Do your fucking homework for once instead of running your cock holster.

Nebraska is low hanging fruit to make yourself feel better about Harbaugh and Michigan football.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't make this thread? I made a comment. And my comment was ultimately not a "look at Nebraska and LOL" comment, it was more to dissect what I think is wrong with the program, how football has changed and they need to adapt. Those changes are also why we haven't lived up to expectations in the last two decades.

My bad.

So a Domer made a Nebraska Tribute Thread to make himself feel better about getting curb stomped by Harbaugh.

You piled on to make yourself feel better about Harbaugh and Michigan football.

Anybody other than Alabama, Clemson, and Ohio St piling on in this thread are only doing so to make themselves feel better about their own team's mediocrity.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The vast majority of those players are no longer on the team. Many followed Riley to Oregon St.
How are they doing there?

Frost has pretty much flipped the entire roster. The remaining Riley players are slackers and a cancer in the locker room.

Nebraska's starters are pretty much made up of freshman, redshirt freshmen, and sophomores and they're tired of the junior's/senior's that put in very little effort. There are ongoing fights in the locker room between the younger and older classes. The young guys are beginning to call the junior's and senior's out.

The youngin's are going to take time to develop.

IIRC Harbaugh inherited a ton of NFL talent.

Last edited:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to break this to you, but a Notre Dame/Indiana fan started this thread.

Yeah.

And you piled on to make yourself feel better about Harbaugh/Michigan's mediocrity.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even in our shit seasons people like to post about us.
anigif_enhanced-buzz-13261-1387235403-6.gif

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Notre Dame, Indiana, Michigan, and Auburn, feels good tribute thread.

LMAO!!!!

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Pelini levels" are only "respectable" at Iowa, Michigan, Missouri, Auburn, etc..

Pelini is not a good coach, you flaming idiot. If he were, he'd have another high level P5 job. If he were, he'd have Youngstown St playing for the FCS NC's every year.
He's just as mediocre at Youngstown St as he was at Nebraska.

He has a far better local talent pool in Ohio than North Dakota St, South Dakota St, Northern Iowa, Southern Illinois, etc..However, he finds a way to lose to them.

Do your fucking homework for once instead of running your cock holster.

Nebraska is low hanging fruit to make yourself feel better about Harbaugh and Michigan football.
Pelini did play for an FCS national championship at Youngstown state in 2016, just 3 years ago. I don't think that he's Nick Saban, but I also think that he did good at Nebraska, given succeeding at Nebraska is harder than some other places.

In all of this, the point was not to make fun of Nebraska. I could do that without thinking Pelini was a decent coach for the program.

The thing about winning 8-ish games a year, like an Iowa, is that you're occasionally going to have a shot at something bigger. And I think Pelini gave Nebraska a good shot at those chances once and a while. Firing him has basically eliminated all possibility of Nebraska competing for anything any time soon. And even if Pelini hadn't followed through often on those shots, having a shot at something is fun as a fan; it makes watching interesting. Being a sub 6 win team is painful (speaking from experience).

So it's just my belief that having a coach who wins 10 games a year is pretty good and you'll then get shots at bigger things. And unless you have one of the 3 coaches/program who can get you 11+ wins a year, it's a pretty good standard to be at.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pelini did play for an FCS national championship at Youngstown state in 2016, just 3 years ago. I don't think that he's Nick Saban, but I also think that he did good at Nebraska, given succeeding at Nebraska is harder than some other places.

In all of this, the point was not to make fun of Nebraska. I could do that without thinking Pelini was a decent coach for the program.

The thing about winning 8-ish games a year, like an Iowa, is that you're occasionally going to have a shot at something bigger. And I think Pelini gave Nebraska a good shot at those chances once and a while. Firing him has basically eliminated all possibility of Nebraska competing for anything any time soon. And even if Pelini hadn't followed through often on those shots, having a shot at something is fun as a fan; it makes watching interesting. Being a sub 6 win team is painful (speaking from experience).

So it's just my belief that having a coach who wins 10 games a year is pretty good and you'll then get shots at bigger things. And unless you have one of the 3 coaches/program who can get you 11+ wins a year, it's a pretty good standard to be at.

Not his players, dumbfuck.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fair enough, but when you do get those occasional shots at something bigger you can't get blown out by 39 points on national tv in the conference championship game.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding Nebraska's loss to Indiana.

Nebraska had 514 yds of Total Offense. Indiana had 455.

When putting up 500 Yards of Total Offense.......

Nebraska: From 2000-2017 was 39-3. They won 93% of their games.

All FBS Teams: From 2018 to Now are 496-92. They've won 84% of their games.

UCF: From 2016 -2017 were 9-0. They won 100% of their games.

Nebraska: Since Frost has been here is 4-4. They've won 50% of their games.

Frost inherited a team that is lazy, lacks a football culture, and are mind-fucked. They can't get out of their own way when it comes to penalties and turnovers.