• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Scott Frost was upset with B1G schedule, wanted to play Indiana more.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is that working out for the football team??

Quite well.

They have conference security and money they'd never have in the Big 12.

No matter how bad the football team sucks, they'll have better conference security and make better money than every Big 12 member not named tejas.

The Big 10 will NEVER fall apart. Members of the Big 12 wake up every morning wondering what back room deals are going on to undermine them.

With no TV package, the Big 12 is the white trash of the P5 conferences.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They haven't had a pulse since they fired Pelini

I think what Frost is proving is how hard it is to win at Nebraska in today's game. It's hard to recruit players to Nebraska. 3 top 100 players in the last 4 recruiting cycles isn't great. And they're competing with teams like Iowa and Wisconsin, who've spent the last two decades perfecting winning with midwestern recruits. I think they'd be doing even worse in the B12, where those offenses would be shredding them right now.

If Iowa consistently going 8-5 is "perfecting winning" then consider me Miles Davis

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They haven't had a pulse since they fired Pelini

I think what Frost is proving is how hard it is to win at Nebraska in today's game. It's hard to recruit players to Nebraska. 3 top 100 players in the last 4 recruiting cycles isn't great. And they're competing with teams like Iowa and Wisconsin, who've spent the last two decades perfecting winning with midwestern recruits. I think they'd be doing even worse in the B12, where those offenses would be shredding them right now.

So? How's Pelini doing at Youngstown St?

Right now Harbaugh = Pelini (without the division titles)

Nebraska still sells out every home game and have the longest sell out streak in CFB.

The rest of your post is trash. It won't take much to get back to Harbaugh, Ferentz, Pelini levels.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The left because Texas was taking all the money.

They left because tejas, chokelahoma, Okie Jr, Texas Tech, and Texas A&M were all in a back room making deals to bolt to the PAC 10.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw this picture the other day and the first thing that hit me was Nebraska's current players aren't in near as good of shape as these players from 35 years ago.

In today's football they supposedly have a better strength and conditioning program, better weight room, and better nutritional training table.

What current Nebraska players lack is motivation and a culture. It's taking time to wash the Mike Riley softness out of the locker room.

BTW.... Nebraska was mostly home grown kids during it's glory years.

If you don't have the coaching of Alabama, Clemson, Ohio St, you aren't winning national titles anyway. You'll win your 9 and 10 games a la Bo Pelini.

Translation: Good for you. You suck too.

32506942_1937402686270810_7799057944019992576_n.jpg

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So? How's Pelini doing at Youngstown St?

Right now Harbaugh = Pelini (without the division titles)

Nebraska still sells out every home game and have the longest sell out streak in CFB.

The rest of your post is trash. It won't take much to get back to Harbaugh, Ferentz, Pelini levels.
Nebraska has had 4 coaches since 2004. Pelini is the only one with a 10 win season, and he had 3 of them. I don't think it will be as easy as you think. Your savior coach had a losing season to start, and it looks like it will be a 6-6 kind of year at best this year. I still think you're undervaluing what Pelini was able to do at Nebraska.

It's funny to me that your only argument against my points is to try and insult Harbaugh.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Iowa consistently going 8-5 is "perfecting winning" then consider me Miles Davis
Iowa went 12-2 just 4 years ago and has two 11+ win seasons in the last 10 years. Given the talent that comes into Iowa, that's pretty darn good.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska has had 4 coaches since 2004. Pelini is the only one with a 10 win season, and he had 3 of them. I don't think it will be as easy as you think. Your savior coach had a losing season to start, and it looks like it will be a 6-6 kind of year at best this year. I still think you're undervaluing what Pelini was able to do at Nebraska.

It's funny to me that your only argument against my points is to try and insult Harbaugh.

Callahan and Mike Riley?

:stephena:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If I'm "undervaluing" what Pelini did at Nebraska, you're overvaluing what Harbaugh will do at Michigan.

Funny how your mouth is suddenly running because he got a win over Notre Dame.

He's back to Saban levels, right?

TheReal_NU

This space intentionally left blank
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm "undervaluing" what Pelini did at Nebraska, you're overvaluing what Harbaugh will do at Michigan.

Saban never went to the Super Bowl.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My comments have nothing to do with Michigan. My comments are about Nebraska. I'm still incredibly disappointed about how we started the season and terrified about what OSU will do to us.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite well.

They have conference security and money they'd never have in the Big 12.

No matter how bad the football team sucks, they'll have better conference security and make better money than every Big 12 member not named tejas.

The Big 10 will NEVER fall apart. Members of the Big 12 wake up every morning wondering what back room deals are going on to undermine them.

With no TV package, the Big 12 is the white trash of the P5 conferences.
I don’t know man compared to the PAC the Big 12 looks pretty good. Take away Clemson and it’s a pickem with the ACC (assuming we aren’t bringing b-ball into the equation).

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa went 12-2 just 4 years ago and has two 11+ win seasons in the last 10 years. Given the talent that comes into Iowa, that's pretty darn good.

Let me help you since you are apparently too stupid or lazy to do your own homework.

Iowa's 2015 (12-2) schedule.....

Illinois State, Iowa State, Pitt, North Texas, Wisconsin, Illinois, Northwestern, Maryland, Indiana, Minnesota, Purdue, Nebraska.
Big CCG: Michigan St (L)
Rose Bowl: Stanford (L) (16-45)

Regular season opponents from the East.....Maryland and Indiana.

That completely undermines the premise of this entire stupid thread.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep. And sandwiched in between those 11 win seasons:

8-5
7-6
4-8
8-5
7-6

Followed by

8-5
8-5
9-4

Even with those two 11 win seasons their average record over the past 10 seasons is 8.2-4.8. Let's just call it 8-5.

Quite honestly, I couldn't care less. What's funny to me is that Iowa would legitimately call 8-5 "perfecting winning" while Nebraska considers it a fireable offense

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me help you since you are apparently too stupid or lazy to do your own homework.

Iowa's 2015 (12-2) schedule.....

Illinois State, Iowa State, Pitt, North Texas, Wisconsin, Illinois, Northwestern, Maryland, Indiana, Minnesota, Purdue, Nebraska.
Big CCG: Michigan St (L)
Rose Bowl: Stanford (L) (16-45)

Regular season opponents from the East.....Maryland and Indiana.

That completely undermines the premise of this entire stupid thread.
So what you're saying is that Iowa had a schedule just like Nebraska's this year, but instead of winning 4-6 games...they won 12...and that defeats my comment that Iowa has figured out how to succeed with midwest talent? No, Iowa is never winning a national title but they do good for what htey have access to.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. And sandwiched in between those 11 win seasons:

8-5
7-6
4-8
8-5
7-6

Followed by

8-5
8-5
9-4

Even with those two 11 win seasons their average record over the past 10 seasons is 8.2-4.8. Let's just call it 8-5.

Quite honestly, I couldn't care less. What's funny to me is that Iowa would legitimately call 8-5 "perfecting winning" while Nebraska considers it a fireable offense
Sure. But given the resources of the two; it's hard not to be impressed by Iowa consistently winning over the past 20 years. It's the Michigan State/Michigan argument. Michigan has dramatically more resources, but look at what Dantonio was able to do. It's why he could have a terrible season every 2-3 years, sandwiched in with a great season and MSU fans are going to build a statue for the guy some day.

But the point of my original comment was that Nebraska is going to have to find another way to win because it's unlikely that they'll be able to do it like they did 25 years ago.