• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Scott Brooks Fired

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Larry Brown is a good coach, but isn't there an age factor? In addition he has a long history of not staying in one place. He doesn't play well with upper management. I am not convinced that any of the coaches mentioned can do any better than what Brooks has done.
Brown is 74, only 6 years older than Coack K. If age isn't a factor with him coaching at SMU I don't know why it would be with the pros. In Detroit his issue with management was that he was talking to the Knicks about coaching there. And, yes, he has moved around a lot, but as I mentioned do you care if he leaves after just a few years since that is all you have as a window to win?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brown is 74, only 6 years older than Coack K. If age isn't a factor with him coaching at SMU I don't know why it would be with the pros. In Detroit his issue with management was that he was talking to the Knicks about coaching there. And, yes, he has moved around a lot, but as I mentioned do you care if he leaves after just a few years since that is all you have as a window to win?
Well I am a Lakers fan, so I am hoping that OKC falls face down in the mud:lol:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But yes - I do think 74 is too old for a head coach in a 82 game season. I think the NBA needs to quit recycling old farts and give some younger men a chance to develop - or women

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we can all agree that Harden is never going to win any defensive player of the year awards, but you're exaggerating about his lack of defense in OKC.

As for him wanting out, as wildturkey said, he wanted to be paid. Just because you think he received a fair offer, doesn't mean he believed it was a fair offer. Do you really think that if OKC paid him what he wanted (or negotiated something close) that he would be in Houston right now?

OKC's management messed that up by trading him before they had to. Why not keep him for one more season, tell him "if you want more, earn it" and see what he does?

They had several options re: what to do with Harden and they chose what was arguably the worst one.

Agree to disagree I guess. The Thunder did get Steven Adams and some draft picks out of the Harden deal. Had they played it out they would not have gotten more and once Westbrook goes down it's over anyway that next year.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree to disagree I guess. The Thunder did get Steven Adams and some draft picks out of the Harden deal. Had they played it out they would not have gotten more and once Westbrook goes down it's over anyway that next year.

Steven Adams and some draft picks don't equal an MVP candidate which is what Harden is. I just think that OKC's management gave up too easily and it has cost them.

I don't think OKC's front office is as bad as some here have suggested, but I think they made a mistake in how they handled Harden. Front offices make mistakes sometimes. It happens.

Heck, as great as many of the Lakers moves have been over the 43+ years that I've followed them, they've made plenty of mistakes. I mean, they once signed Benoit Benjamin. :L

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steven Adams and some draft picks don't equal an MVP candidate which is what Harden is. I just think that OKC's management gave up too easily and it has cost them.

I don't think OKC's front office is as bad as some here have suggested, but I think they made a mistake in how they handled Harden. Front offices make mistakes sometimes. It happens.

Heck, as great as many of the Lakers moves have been over the 43+ years that I've followed them, they've made plenty of mistakes. I mean, they once signed Benoit Benjamin. :L

Not to mention Smush Parker, Luke Walton and Kwame Brown:L

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's starting to look like it.