• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sark gets drunk, drops F-bomb @ USC Donor Event

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sark's problems with the sweet nectar have been known in UW circles for some time. This isn't some new thing cause he's going through a divorce. He's been a lush for a long time.

Multiple high-ranking USC sources tell us ... ever since reports surfaced about the USC head football coach slurring and cussing at a major USC function Saturday night, the powers that be at SC have been getting complaints from the people who back the program.

One high-ranking USC source tells us ... "I've been getting a flurry of phone calls this morning from people who want him out. They feel he's an embarrassment to the program and the community."

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, so here's the skinny from around here on this event.

It seems it was fairly well known in closed circles that Sark had similar issues here on more than one occasion. He overindulged and made an ass out of himself at a few smaller functions here. The difference is even the reporters saying today that they knew about it, didn't report about it. They were 'off the record' events and they took their promises to not report what they saw seriously. They still aren't giving many details other than to say this isn't new.

Petros Papadakis is reporting that several big name boosters and alum are calling for Sark to be fired and some are concerned that could happen. At the least they are calling for a suspension.

Given those two, if I was Hayden I would probably suspend Sark immediately until after the first two games provided he attends some kind of alcoholic recovery facility and shows in earnest his intention to not have that happen again.

Sark is going through a divorce and has a lot of pressure on him with this job. If he does have as much of a drinking problem as people are eluding to now, it's probably only a matter of time before he does something else dumb if he doesn't get help.

No, I don't think anything he said/did should end up with him being fired. Even a suspension would really depend on how much Hayden has lost support of his boosters.
Yeah, that Softy/Petros interview was interesting.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I wonder where donkey is going to find support on gamedays for his Glum routine now.

Glum_Liliputian.png

SeeYouNT

Вы хотели бы некоторые Путина?
Hoopla Cash
$ 291.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@SeeYouNT yeo says hey what's up

Right on.

Things are going alright...enjoying time with the family. I'm getting geared up for for the upcoming season and hoping that VA can get it done offensively and that Pellum can improve his defense from last year. How are things going?

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right on.

Things are going alright...enjoying time with the family. I'm getting geared up for for the upcoming season and hoping that VA can get it done offensively and that Pellum can improve his defense from last year. How are things going?
You have Twitter?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the daily news:
According to sources who did not wish to be identified within the athletic dept. administration, Sarkisian drank alcohol in the USC locker room after games last season at the Coliseum and on the road.

Former USC coach Lane Kiffin also consumed alcohol after games but interim coach Ed Orgeron said he banned it from the locker room when he took over in 2013. Sarkisian brought back alcohol last season and several sources said there was a culture of drinking that existed.

This is believed to be a carryover from his days at the University of Washington, where he served as head coach from 2009-2013.

“There were always beers and stuff around,” said a former Washington athletic department employee who asked not to be identified.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sark needs help.

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, so here's the skinny from around here on this event.

It seems it was fairly well known in closed circles that Sark had similar issues here on more than one occasion. He overindulged and made an ass out of himself at a few smaller functions here. The difference is even the reporters saying today that they knew about it, didn't report about it. They were 'off the record' events and they took their promises to not report what they saw seriously. They still aren't giving many details other than to say this isn't new.

Petros Papadakis is reporting that several big name boosters and alum are calling for Sark to be fired and some are concerned that could happen. At the least they are calling for a suspension.

Given those two, if I was Hayden I would probably suspend Sark immediately until after the first two games provided he attends some kind of alcoholic recovery facility and shows in earnest his intention to not have that happen again.

Sark is going through a divorce and has a lot of pressure on him with this job. If he does have as much of a drinking problem as people are eluding to now, it's probably only a matter of time before he does something else dumb if he doesn't get help.

No, I don't think anything he said/did should end up with him being fired. Even a suspension would really depend on how much Hayden has lost support of his boosters.

Here is an eyewitness statement of what he saw with Sark:

I was there, sitting at table 177, with my wife and boys, age 13 and 17. The 13 year old knew right away that Sark had been drinking because he was slurring his speech pretty bad.
We have been going to Salute to Troy since 2000. The way that it goes(for most of the years) is this. To set the stage: The stage is on the north straight-away of the track. a couple of hundred tables are set-up on the field, 12 chairs per table. The south, west and east sides have tents with food and drinks, unlimited BBQ and other foods, including desserts. The food is pretty good. The Song Girls are at the back of the stage, the band is in the Loker Stadium stands behind them. The President gives a little speech, the AD gives a little speech, then the Head coach comes up and gives a little speech.
It was during this speech that Sark said some other Pac-12 teams sucked and then at the end of his speech, he dropped his F-bomb. The suck quote got some chuckles, but the F-bomb definitely got a lot of gasps. You have to know that their are a lot of families with kids there, as well as the bigger donors.
The head coach then introduces the first position coach, usually start with defense. The head coach goes just off stage, usually on the stairs. The position coach gives a little speech, then an off-stage announcer introduces each player from that group alphabetically. A picture of the group is taken when all are up on stage. They walk off, the band plays and Song Girls dance. Usually the head coach has waited until the song is over before he comes back on stage. Sark was standing at the podium while the Song Girls were still dancing. (i thought this was pretty rude.)
After the third position coach was introduced by Sark, I could see that Sark was at the bottom of the stairs being talked to by someone (I could not tell by whom). We are a good 40 yards away. After this talking to, Sark did not come back on stage. The off-stage announcer introduced the rest of the position coaches on defense, then continued with the offense.
Usually the Head coach will then wrap it up, then the whole team comes on-stage while the band plays. However, Sark was not seen again. Cody Kessler and the QBs were still on stage. Cody gave a little speech with the whole team on stage. then TMB played while fireworks were shot off.
Sark being drunk was definitely the talk of everyone afterwards. We talked to several of our friends while we were walking out.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're banning alcohol in the USC locker room this year. Sark will be going through withdrawal on the sidelines.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No ban on the sidelines?

Flask time.
You too busy on game days to swing by for a few beers, shot or two, and a meal at the boy scout lot?

If not you sir are welcome. Leave ya plenty of time to be back home for the game.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the words of the great Mitch Hedburg "alcoholism is a diseas, but it's the only disease you can get yelled at for having."

Last edited: