• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official fuck you Sark thread

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I told you guys that time heals all wounds and that I'd reserve my opinions of how good/bad this was for us until after we hired our new coach.

I'm sure some of you still are pissed at Sark's lies on the way out, but today's announcement had to take a big part of that sting away.

I'm betting that very few people will boo him when he returns with USC in '15. History is going to remember him as the coach that carried the team out of the dark ages and restocked the shelves while we upgraded our facilities and prepared for our next big coach.

He wasn't the greatest HC in our schools history, but he darn sure wasn't the worst. He left the program in better shape than when he came and at least left it attractive enough for us to land our next big coach.

Thank you for that Sark. I'd like to say good luck to you, but I can't. You are the enemy now.

I will personally remember him as the guy who appeared to love it here at Washington, seemed like a really good guy with a lot of integrity but who lied and deceived the fans and his own players, then showed his true colors.

He did us wrong. I am now happy he left because Petersen is a big step up from Sark, but I will always remember him as a fraud and a liar.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, still pissed at the way he did it. I was never really sad to see him go. Still say fuck him. But shit yes I'm glad he left. You could have asked me at any point over the past 5 years if I'd trade Sark for Petersen and I'd say yes every time. I just don't like Sark the person now...

I think him coming out in October and saying. " he wanted to be here longer then James, and to win more titles then James" that's the part that will always be a lie to me, deep down he knew the shot of him returning to SC wasn't out of the picture, you dont tell a fanbase stuff like that then.

As to Wiz's comment that he wont get booed when he returns, Petersen hire to me will subdue those boo's a little since its a huge upgrade at the HC spot, but that doesn't change my feelings for the man, personally I wouldn't mind the Dawgs sticking it to SC everytime they play them, message needs to be sent....

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey USC. Enjoy getting excited with his recruiting and all his robotic lip service, while stomaching his constant underachieving with that talent and penalty riddled seasons. Get ready for lots of road losses. Get ready for an endless barrage of cheap marketing catchphrases like "Expect to Win".

Most overpaid offensive coordinator in NCAA history the past 5 years, because he's not a head coach.

He's all yours USC. Buh Bye Sark.

arigoldgtfo.gif

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I was listening to softy on my way home and heard Lambo talking about Sark and our new HC. Can't tell that he is a bit bitter and pissed off about how Sark left can you? :laugh3:

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will personally remember him as the guy who appeared to love it here at Washington, seemed like a really good guy with a lot of integrity but who lied and deceived the fans and his own players, then showed his true colors.

He did us wrong. I am now happy he left because Petersen is a big step up from Sark, but I will always remember him as a fraud and a liar.

A bit harsh of a review aint it SHF? He left your ship a better place to sail on minus the quick exit, but thats the coaching ranks is all.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bit harsh of a review aint it SHF? He left your ship a better place to sail on minus the quick exit, but thats the coaching ranks is all.

Who knows how history will remember him. For now many of our clan are still in the freshness of the anger. Some will never get over it, some will eventually admit we were a better team after he left than when he came and so he deserves his credit. Maybe he wasn't the best HC in our history, but I'd take what he left us over Willingham any day of the week.

He did leave a lot of talent on this team for our new coach and I can still be thankful for that as we as disappointed in how he left.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows how history will remember him. For now many of our clan are still in the freshness of the anger. Some will never get over it, some will eventually admit we were a better team after he left than when he came and so he deserves his credit. Maybe he wasn't the best HC in our history, but I'd take what he left us over Willingham any day of the week.

He did leave a lot of talent on this team for our new coach and I can still be thankful for that as we as disappointed in how he left.

For me I just this year started to embrace Sark as the coach. I never hated on him because thats just pointless. I was opposed to his hiring in the first place though and I'm reminded of some of the reasons.

I knew when/if USC ever came calling he would be gone. I don't like setting ourselves up for an obvious stepping stone.

I took a lot of shit over at UWDawgpound when Wilcoxs name was hot and heavy for the UW job. I opposed it not only for the reasons Anthony gave in his outline, but because he is a duck. Silly? Sure. But he's young and if he had success at UW as a HC I could see Oregon going after him and putting us right back in the situation we just emerged from.

Could you imagine the fallout of that scenario? It would go down as the greatest coup in the annals of history of this rivalry.

Sark was a bandaid. He stopped the bleeding and that was helpful. But he didn't do anything worthy of tooting his horn.

I honestly don't think he will last long at USC.

He'll wind up as a career OC someplace eventually. Which imo is about all he is qualified for.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with Wallace. I hate how he left but he did leave the program in a much better position than when he got here. Petersen wouldn't have taken this job when Sark did, so we can thank Sark for that....

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the job he did restoring the program was overrated. When the Huskies went 0-12, they had the talent of a 5 win team already on the roster IMO. In 2007 the team had won 4 games. It is a pretty big drop and I believe the 0-12 season was a strong indication of how terrible of a coach Tyrone Willingham was than how Sark "restored the program"

My memory of Sark will be of the guy who appeared to be passionate about being at UW, a really cool guy every time I met him, a great QBs coach and a good offensive mind. But that will be outweighed by his terrible losses on the road, his inability to beat Oregon, the massive amount of penalties and the fact that he ditched us, showing the little about of integrity he has.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the job he did restoring the program was overrated. When the Huskies went 0-12, they had the talent of a 5 win team already on the roster IMO.

Yep. That 0-12 team has 10 players on current NFL rosters today.

The talent was there.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the job he did restoring the program was overrated. When the Huskies went 0-12, they had the talent of a 5 win team already on the roster IMO. In 2007 the team had won 4 games. It is a pretty big drop and I believe the 0-12 season was a strong indication of how terrible of a coach Tyrone Willingham was than how Sark "restored the program"

My memory of Sark will be of the guy who appeared to be passionate about being at UW, a really cool guy every time I met him, a great QBs coach and a good offensive mind. But that will be outweighed by his terrible losses on the road, his inability to beat Oregon, the massive amount of penalties and the fact that he ditched us, showing the little about of integrity he has.

I agree that Sark was overrated, but he got us back to being respectable. However his time here was going to be coming to a end , he wasn't good enough to get the Huskies over the hump. I would have been concerned going forward with Sark and he saved us from that. I think he'll do better at USC then he would of here.

No hard feeling from me, it all worked out for the best....for everyone. That doesn't happen to often.

I really looking forward to next season now...aren't we all?