• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Steve Sarkisian has done wonders for USC

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm under the belief Kelly wouldn't succeed at a big time program. Chip Kelly would be an awful fit at both USC and Texas. Just my opinion.

Hopefully we will get to see soon enough
He needs the "You are disrespecting us, fuck you" mentality to any program he leads.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason Sark is on the hot seat is b/c he couldn't handle his liquor. Performance wise he as done just fine. Bowl win and 9 wins in the first season. This year a single bad loss (so far). Let's not forget they are still playing with 20 less scholly player then most teams.

While their talent at the top is among the best, any injury is felt that much harder to the team.

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason Sark is on the hot seat is b/c he couldn't handle his liquor. Performance wise he as done just fine. Bowl win and 9 wins in the first season. This year a single bad loss (so far). Let's not forget they are still playing with 20 less scholly player then most teams.

While their talent at the top is among the best, any injury is felt that much harder to the team.
You may not like Sark, and I for one think he is an arrogant ass, but you are right in that he is right on schedule. His best players are all freshmen and Sophomores. I think they will be a force next season.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He needs the "You are disrespecting us, fuck you" mentality to any program he leads.
Not only that but his philosophy just doesn't fit the USC and Texas scene. He'd be under too much pressure and a short leash because of the major changes he make to the programs.

Best example: Rich Rod is a superb coach at West Virginia and Arizona. But at Michigan he failed because he had such a different mindset and philosophy then everyone at that school. Not only was he battling unrealistic expectations but he was battling the old Michigan mentality. Bring a spread system to a traditionally pro style school didn't work out all that well.

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only that but his philosophy just doesn't fit the USC and Texas scene. He'd be under too much pressure and a short leash because of the major changes he make to the programs.

Best example: Rich Rod is a superb coach at West Virginia and Arizona. But at Michigan he failed because he had such a different mindset and philosophy then everyone at that school. Not only was he battling unrealistic expectations but he was battling the old Michigan mentality. Bring a spread system to a traditionally pro style school didn't work out all that well.
Great point. If he comes back to CFB, he needs to find the next Oregon; Duke maybe?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm under the belief Kelly wouldn't succeed at a big time program. Chip Kelly would be an awful fit at both USC and Texas. Just my opinion.

Hopefully we will get to see soon enough
I could see chip succeeding at USC they're already running a hybrid tempo offense. I believe that's part of chips reason for drafting agoholor in the first rd. I also believe the jinx from OD talking about chip pushes A Kelly led Trojan team to a natty. It's almost like its destiny