• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sando's 49er Camp Confidential.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Good piece, but wow, on Asomugha:

"He's had some good days out here and some days where you weren’t sure if he was going to still have it," Fangio said. "I think we're kind of in between with him right now. Hopefully, he'll be able to still have some gas left in his tank to go out there and play like he did prior to going to Philadelphia. So, I think the jury is still out there."

Fangio passed on an opportunity to blame Asomugha's struggles with the Eagles on the scheme Philadelphia was running.

"I think there's some of that, but Nnamdi is at this stage in his career where some guys start losing, their physical skills start to diminish. We just have to see if that’s entering into his picture, too, or not."

Fangio doesn't mince words, does he? As far as Nmandi, its amazing to see these guys at the cornerback position lose it so quickly. Seems like that's the position that fades earliest of all on the field, I suppose elite quickness is just so crucial and that's the first thing to go.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fangio doesn't mince words, does he? As far as Nmandi, its amazing to see these guys at the cornerback position lose it so quickly. Seems like that's the position that fades earliest of all on the field, I suppose elite quickness is just so crucial and that's the first thing to go.

At most positions it goes pretty quickly. The good things about CB is that at a certain age it is possible for them to make the move to FS and have a few more successful years.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how instincts made him catch it anyway.

Players off-limits to contact typically wear black jerseys so teammates know to avoid hitting them. Patton, a rookie fourth-round pick, was in another category. He was running pass routes as usual, but the coaching staff told him to let the quartebacks' passes sail past him. The team wants Patton to get reps without risking further injury to a finger. Patton caught one pass anyway. I saw him catch another ball with one hand. Patton was the only player wearing a blue jersey, making him particularly easy to spot.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kawakami had an interview with Fangio where he said he doesn't see himself as "a cheerleader." I think he's not going to be effusive in praising anybody.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite part was the following quote from Roman, I've always thought that Kaepernick's intelligence and game awareness gets shortchanged -- when I saw them here in Seattle the year before last he was Harbaugh's shadow on the sidelines the entire time:
Outsiders tempted to brand Kaepernick -- after 10 NFL starts -- as a one-read quarterback or a read-option quarterback aren't seeing what coordinator Greg Roman is seeing.

"He doesn't look at things in a rote fashion," Roman said. "He can see big picture. He understands the trickle-down. Say you give him a play, he is going to look at it in his mind versus all different coverages. All those little acetates are going to fall down at once in his mind, and then he understands the impact and 'hey, maybe we should put this guy in this spot, let him run this and let what's-his-name do this.' He is very interactive."