• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

San Fran do you feel you are getting screwed on the schedule?

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I come in peace. <waves white flag>

If I were you guys I'd be mega pissed off over the NFL scheduling your game for a 10am Pacific start on Sunday. If Seattle was in the wild card spot it would be us instead of you. So why would the NFL schedule a game in that early morning time slot when there are only two games that whole day?? How hard would it be to move it to an afternoon game so that it is more fair for both teams? I mean the league and sports writers everywhere acknowledge that traveling west to east and playing early is not easy so why make a west coast team do it in the playoffs? It seems like more evidence that the NFL will never give two shits about west coast teams and their travel problems. I'd be pissed if I were you guys.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If I were you guys I'd be mega pissed off over the NFL scheduling your game for a 10am Pacific start on Sunday. If Seattle was in the wild card spot it would be us instead of you. So why would the NFL schedule a game in that early morning time slot when there are only two games that whole day?? How hard would it be to move it to an afternoon game so that it is more fair for both teams? I mean the league and sports writers everywhere acknowledge that traveling west to east and playing early is not easy so why make a west coast team do it in the playoffs? It seems like more evidence that the NFL will never give two shits about west coast teams and their travel problems. I'd be pissed if I were you guys.

It does suck that we have to play on the East Coast with a 10 am start but I understand why though. If the NFL gave the NFC the late game on Sunday again the AFC teams would bitch that it wasn't fair. I'm just glad we don't have a short week and play on Saturday afternoon. This is the playoffs may the best team win no excuses!

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't speak for anyone else, I'm not too concerned TBH....

First, we put ourselves in this position... it was either the #1/2 seed or 5th for us and the path put us at 5th, we play with the cards that are dealt to us.

I didn't expect a late start at all considering there was a west coast home game to be played and usually those are the late ones(btw, I'm SHOCKED thats not a primetime matchup) however they're putting seattle the early game on saturday and thats bush IMO...

This weekend, the NFC got the late ones and now the upcoming one is for the AFC... Saints/Seahawks is def. primetime and while the SF/CAR is a defensive death match, I understand that Brady or Peyton is reserve for the late night viewing...

All in all, it sucks but this is our path and nothing left to do but play to win.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Without knowing how the scheduling works I won't complain much but I don't know why they didn't just flip the games and have the IND/NE matchup first followed by the NO/SEA matchup on Saturday and have SD/DEN as the 10am followed by SF/CAR on Sunday.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nope. We made our bed and now we gotta lie in it. We lost two games we had no business losing. I'm confident that they can win in Carolina and, though you may not want to hear it, I think New Orleans has a decent shot at Seattle up there.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without knowing how the scheduling works I won't complain much but I don't know why they didn't just flip the games and have the IND/NE matchup first followed by the NO/SEA matchup on Saturday and have SD/DEN as the 10am followed by SF/CAR on Sunday.

Because the NFC where the late games this past Sunday. What should have happened was the NFC be early games due to weather concerns and the AFC be the late games. The reason why that didn't happen IMO is that the NFC games where much more compelling then the AFC games. And the NFL knew next week they would have Manning and Brady playing so they made the schedule the way it is. Also I believe with the way the schedule it is set the NFL is hoping for a Patriots vs Broncos and 49ers vs Seahawks Championship game

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. We made our bed and now we gotta lie in it. We lost two games we had no business losing. I'm confident that they can win in Carolina and, though you may not want to hear it, I think New Orleans has a decent shot at Seattle up there.

I'm not suggesting they flip the AFC/NFC games. I'm just saying they could move both games back by a couple hours. Hell, even one more hour would be better and it wouldn't change all that much to the ticket holders.

As for New Orleans having a shot. Ya, of course they do. Honestly every team left scares me now. There are no gimme games for anyone from this point out.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im ok with it. The guys will be ready to play.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not thrilled with it, but I certainly prefer it to playing on Saturday. We have done well in early starts under Harbaugh. The team just has to go in ready to play from the whistle.

Toolrulzz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does the NFL do if the championship games are SF-SEA and NE-DEN? I think Niners and Seahawks would be a better, more intense game but I think they put Manning and Brady on in prime time and don't think twice about it.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What doesn't kill us will only make us stronger. We just beat Green Bay in Lambeau in near below 0 conditions. If we go on the road this weekend and knock off the Panthers with such an early start time whoever we play in the NFC Championship game should be worried.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's stupid that they predetermine what teams play on what day and time before even knowing who is playing who. I would have been pissed if we were given the short week because of it.

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does the NFL do if the championship games are SF-SEA and NE-DEN? I think Niners and Seahawks would be a better, more intense game but I think they put Manning and Brady on in prime time and don't think twice about it.

Considering our past 2 performances in SEA I have no doubt Brady and Manning would get the primetime slot.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering our past 2 performances in SEA I have no doubt Brady and Manning would get the primetime slot.

If it's Saints@49ers I think we get the primetime game no matter what happens in the AFC. The last game at Candlestick with Super Bowl implications on top of being a rematch of one of the greatest playoff games ever played would just be to much not to put in primetime.

StoningtonQB

ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a lot more pissed about our regular season schedule than our playoff schedule

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it will matter much to the Niners. They just need be prepared and play better offensively. Players should know where to line up so that they don't have to call any unnecessary timeouts. The temperature on Sunday at Charlotte calls for a few showers with a high of 58 degrees. That would be balmy compared to yesterday.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it will matter much to the Niners. They just need be prepared and play better offensively. Players should know where to line up so that they don't have to call any unnecessary timeouts. The temperature on Sunday at Charlotte calls for a few showers with a high of 58 degrees. That would be balmy compared to yesterday.

Candlestick weather.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

AFC and NFC Championship game times are already set. AFC Championship is Sunday the 19th at 3 p.m. ET on CBS. NFC Championship is obviously Sunday the 19th as well but at 6:30 p.m. ET on FOX.

Toolrulzz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFC and NFC Championship game times are already set. AFC Championship is Sunday the 19th at 3 p.m. ET on CBS. NFC Championship is obviously Sunday the 19th as well but at 6:30 p.m. ET on FOX.

Ahhh ok. Do you know if that's something that gets rotated every year? The game against the Giants was the later one 2 years ago, last year against the Falcons the early one and now this year the NFC is late again.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As others have said, we had our chances this season with wins over either Carolina or new Orleans it could have been different. I think we have a good shot at Carolina and Harbaugh has a good road record.