• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do you think the Carolina Panthers will eventually get a new stadium?

DesiredFan382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know most people think Carolina’s stadium is just fine the way it is but if it were to host a future super bowl and a future final four or a college bowl game wouldn’t you think a new state of the art stadium would be the right move? But David tepper has said that he won’t build a new stadium post Covid. So I don’t know where this leaves the team for a future home I can’t see them playing at Bank of America stadium for the next 25 years but we will see. A new headquarters is being built in Rock Hill, SC for 2023 so why not a new venue I wouldn’t rule it out in my opinion.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never in my life had somebody tell me "I'd really like to go the Charlotte in January". I highly doubt people think of Charlotte when planning a winter vacation...so no...it's not going to solve anything for that team or city

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tepper could easily afford to pay for a new stadium on his own. He's (by far) the richest owner in the league. But why would he? The Panthers are not in danger of needing to be relocated anywhere near as bad as a team like Jacksonville.

I suppose he could make threats about needing the state to help him pay for a new building or face relocation. But that doesn't seem productive either.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If and when the Panthers want/need a new stadium the local community will be required to provide significant funding. This is a prerequisite to getting financial assistance from the NFL ownership stadia fund.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If and when the Panthers want/need a new stadium the local community will be required to provide significant funding. This is a prerequisite to getting financial assistance from the NFL ownership stadia fund.
Panthers stadium is a good one. Not a bad seat in the house.
Traffic is almost non-existent on Sundays.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Panthers stadium is a good one. Not a bad seat in the house.
Traffic is almost non-existent on Sundays.
I don't know anything about the Panthers stadium so I have no idea if/when it'll need refurbishing or replacing. I do know the NFL owners have a rule in place about getting local investment involved in new stadia before the g-whatevernumberitis NFL finance fund is available to them. The rule is in place to dissuade the richest owners from building new stadia entirely out of their own pocket as a philanthropic gesture. Doing so would make it harder for less rich owners to get local investment. If some owners were paying for all of their own stadia then cities would tell the poorer owners to sell up to richer owners rather than fork out taxpayers' money. It's a sensible rule for the owners.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know anything about the Panthers stadium so I have no idea if/when it'll need refurbishing or replacing. I do know the NFL owners have a rule in place about getting local investment involved in new stadia before the g-whatevernumberitis NFL finance fund is available to them. The rule is in place to dissuade the richest owners from building new stadia entirely out of their own pocket as a philanthropic gesture. Doing so would make it harder for less rich owners to get local investment. If some owners were paying for all of their own stadia then cities would tell the poorer owners to sell up to richer owners rather than fork out taxpayers' money. It's a sensible rule for the owners.
Robert Kraft built Gillette with his own money.

" In 1999, the team officially announced that it would remain in Foxborough, which led to Gillette Stadium's construction.[31] After the Hartford proposal fell through, Robert Kraft paid for 100% of the construction costs, a rare instance of an NFL owner privately financing the construction of a stadium."

" It was announced as a 68,000-seat stadium at a cost of $325 million, with the entire cost privately funded. Boston is thus the only city in professional sports in which all facilities are privately owned and operated.[citation needed] The Kraft Group (owner of the NFL team the Patriots and the MLS team the Revolution) owns Gillette Stadium, the Red Sox own Fenway Park, and TD Garden is owned by Delaware North (the owner of the Bruins) (the Celtics rent the TD Garden from Delaware North).

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll build a new stadium when the team gets moved to Charleston or San Antonio.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never in my life had somebody tell me "I'd really like to go the Charlotte in January". I highly doubt people think of Charlotte when planning a winter vacation...so no...it's not going to solve anything for that team or city
I have been to many games at Panthers facility.
Attendence averages close to 100% and typically ranks #7 out of 32 in attendance.
People come from all over to watch the games there.