• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sam Howell

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is my strong feeling that Rivera is responsible for the fans who aren't convinced Howell WILL be the franchise QB(me included)
(i say fans because, i believe new ownership/coaching staff may lean toward getting their own qb)
I blame Rivera for not doing more in FA and the draft to strengthen the o-line, which in turn i believe would have reduced the number of mistakes
howell has made, essentially as a rookie QB. how Howell is able to execute despite poor protection and no imagination in the run game is impressive. top 5 passing despite being the most sacked qb. The QB situation for 2024 will be interesting. i'm also concerned about the play calling

I understand wanting your own QB…franchises and coaches do that all the time, even if it seldom works.

With SH, you can start with a guy who has proven he can play at the NFL level and play well. We can do what the Xhargers did when Brees went down. Draft your QB and trade your starter. Even if we draft our own guy, I would prefer to give SH another year to build that draft stock up before trading him. If we offer him up this c9ming offseason, I can see a first or second round pick. If we give him another year, I think we can get a couple of firsts and perhaps more.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is my strong feeling that Rivera is responsible for the fans who aren't convinced Howell WILL be the franchise QB(me included)
(i say fans because, i believe new ownership/coaching staff may lean toward getting their own qb)
I blame Rivera for not doing more in FA and the draft to strengthen the o-line, which in turn i believe would have reduced the number of mistakes
howell has made, essentially as a rookie QB. how Howell is able to execute despite poor protection and no imagination in the run game is impressive. top 5 passing despite being the most sacked qb. The QB situation for 2024 will be interesting. i'm also concerned about the play calling
in my view,if he had any honor as a man he,d step down now especially after beating cancer over a year ago.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand wanting your own QB…franchises and coaches do that all the time, even if it seldom works.

With SH, you can start with a guy who has proven he can play at the NFL level and play well. We can do what the Xhargers did when Brees went down. Draft your QB and trade your starter. Even if we draft our own guy, I would prefer to give SH another year to build that draft stock up before trading him. If we offer him up this c9ming offseason, I can see a first or second round pick. If we give him another year, I think we can get a couple of firsts and perhaps more.

wow, that would be huge IF we did indeed draft a franchise QB and Howell was stuck on the bench

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in my view,if he had any honor as a man he,d step down now especially after beating cancer over a year ago.

I'm just as ready as you are for Ron to be gone, but do you mind further explaining what his illness has to do with this?

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. RR is responsible for the hiring, but EB is responsible for the offense and play calling. As I’ve said I honestly don’t think the quick game and what little run game they’ve used would’ve been implemented without RR stepping in

dcrising

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no way I draft another QB with the intention of starting him in year one with SH on the roster.
you'd start howell and let the rookie sit and then deal howell in the offseason.

dcrising

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep…if the draft pick looks good. Why wouldn’t you, unless SH looks like Mahommes?
probably a pipe dream but if howell balls out in 2024 you have options with either QB in that scenario.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes you have to stick with what you have This is yr one of him starting and he is doing well . I am on board with Daniel’s in round 2. But not a top 10 pick to spin wheels

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just did a draft simulated draft with Bo Nix in the 2nd.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes you have to stick with what you have This is yr one of him starting and he is doing well . I am on board with Daniel’s in round 2. But not a top 10 pick to spin wheels
Agreed. We need to build around SH and give him some support as he continues to grow. Use that top pick on oline. Maybe trade back and get a couple top linemen. We also need a playmaking TE. Take a qb in rds 3-5.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just as ready as you are for Ron to be gone, but do you mind further explaining what his illness has to do with this?
after beating cancer,would you want to go through all the shit about his job he,s fucking been through he last year?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey we got sportster doing mocks